ISO: old Edmonton Transit route maps

porkchopsjar

Hi,

Are you looking for any specific years and/or routes or just anything? Between the different members around here, I'm sure we have a decent representation of anything from about 1980-1997! Here is a summer 1980 ride guide to start:

ETS 1980 summer ride guide.pdf

Cool. I am working on getting some stuff scanned right now. The ride guides are an interesting challenge... I may try using a commercial scanner after work tomorrow. It is possible, but quite awkward to stitch them together using my scanner at home that can barely do an 8.5x11 ;) 

Updated the above link. I will say thanks as well, as scanning some of this stuff has been on my list of things to do for a very long time and you provided me with some motivation to do so! :D

There should now be an April 1994 ride guide in there. I am still digging, but I'm pretty sure I've got 1982, 85, 86, 88, 92, 93, 96, 97, and most years from 1998 to today.

I also added a few different styles of route brochure: 1988, 1993, and 1997.

• Like 1

Added 1982 and 1996. All sorts of interesting historical goodies... I believe the September 1996 map was the last of the old system? Unless someone can confirm that they bothered printing an April 1997 map when the system was due to change so soon anyway.

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 8:49 AM, T6H-5307N said:

Hi,

Are you looking for any specific years and/or routes or just anything? Between the different members around here, I'm sure we have a decent representation of anything from about 1980-1997! Here is a summer 1980 ride guide to start:

WOW! I can't believe that I lived along (142ave) the most north eastern part of Edmonton that Edmonton Transit serviced in 1980. I was only 6 years old and remember those days like it was yesterday. Our house was brand new and I could see CN Rail's trains go by before they build Fraser and Kirkness communities. Eventually the route 72 started up to service those communities when Clareview station opened up. 

I even remember that route map. I might have some old maps at my parents house sitting in the old coffee table in the family room!? I'll check next time I'm in Edmonton.

• Like 1