Edmonton BBC's

captaintrolley

I remember 158 being part of the 60th anniversary celebrations in 1999; then-Mayor Bill Smith was reportedly quoted as saying he expected to see the end of trolleys on his watch (he was defeated in 2004). I also saw 158 on a 1990 visit, on the watch of Jan Reimer, the last pro-trolley Mayor I can recall.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anyone is planning on visiting IRM to see 181 in operation there are three days to do so; the first Saturdays in June, July, and September. I'm planning to go in July.

Edit: I found out that what I saw on IRM's website was for their 2011 season and in 2012, there are no scheduled trolleybus operations, but that doesn't mean they won't be able to pull out a bus or two.

However 181 is having some problems that they plan to take a thorough look at during spring. However 181 has more electronic components which will make troubleshooting more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First Lima, Peru couldn't come up with the money to purchase 120 G-class subway cars from Toronto, now this! :angry:

Gotta love sending buse's to third-world countries that can't even afford the basics... :angry:

At least Cuba would've appreciated them...

They are not supposed to be sent anywhere. They are to be auctioned off as scrap afaik.

i know about that, but where was their original destination? like which transit system was supposed to put them back in service? Thank you