Cold Shot Courier/Bus Service-Edmonton

roeco

Cold Shot does a lot of work for Greyhound out of Edmonton,Ab they operate the Sherwood Park and downtown Gcx agencies. They do Gcx on the Edmonton to Drayton Valley and Barrhead/Westlock runs. They also just recently got the GCX contracts and are operating passenger service on the following; Edmonton-Cold Lake (6 days a week), Edmonton to Wetaskiwin and Camrose ( 5 days  a week) and just as of late Feb. Edmonton to Peace River (daily). Which brings back passenger service to all major Alberta Cities that Greyhound cut in 2011.All but the Peace River run are using Sprinter vans pulling trailers. The Peace River run is using a 23 passenger mini coach pulling a trailer.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This restores passenger service to 3 routes that Greyhound previously cut over 5 years ago. The only downfall is the Peace River to Edmonton arrival in the city is too late for pretty much all the connections except Calgary.

• Like 1

If u search Slave Lake paper theirs a picture of their 24 pass coach pulling a trailer in last few days

On 4/21/2017 at 8:41 AM, IRT_BMT_IND said:

Is there any details of the fleet? From the website I'm assuming Sprinters or similar.

E: I didn't read the OP carefully enough.

Some photos or other information on of the fleet would be nice though, I can't find any online.

They are also Interlined Fully in Greyhound system with schedule numbers,tickets and depots.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 5:26 PM, roeco said:

Cold Shot will soon start an interline service between Peace River and Grande Prairie in the near future.1

A New Interline Greyhound parcel and passenger service starts Nov.6 Lv Peace River 9 am Arr Gp 11:30am and Leave Gp 530pm Arr Peace River 8pm Mon-Fri.

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, A. Wong said:

I photographed one of their buses the other day in Edmonton.

Seems like they are officially affiliated with Greyhound, so I'll move this thread into that section.

http://www.coldshotca.com/

FullSizeRender.jpg

as i mentioned above they have been affiliated with Greyhound for over 2 years...Peace River to Edmonton Pass service started in Jan/17 and Camrose and Cold Lake came soon after! They've been doing Edmonton P&D plus freight run to Drayton Valley and Barrhead for several years.

I'll also post a few pictures of the units they are using on Peace River to Grande Prairie. 9 pass sprinters they have one white which is reg and a blue one which fills in on occasion.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cold Shot will restore the day time  run between Grande Prairie and Edmonton starting later in Aug. Lv Gp 7:30 am Return from Edmonton at 2:pm. It will operate Monday to Friday. This is the first of Many changes you will see with Cold Shot in the coming months!

• 2 months later...

Cold Shot will officially start their new and expanded service Nov 1. Passengers through most of Ab and parcel express throughout Ab , Sk and BC Peace country, using mostly current GH agents. And they plan to go further into BC and more in the near future with pass and freight and building interline partnerships.. They have a new Edmonton terminal at 11204-119 St that will be passenger/Express and H.O. as well as for the first time stops at West Edmonton Mall, They will run 2 trips to Grande Prairie and Fort McMurray plus 3 Calgary trips and 1 trip to each Lloydminster,Jasper,Peace River and Cold Lake. Courier service will continue to most other places in Ab.

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, A. Wong said:

Cold Shot took over the Greyhound location in Grande Prairie at 9918 121 Ave.

Google Street View

49051462_1946964808933667_1524051475490144256_n.jpg

Well just the East End of the building which used to be used for offices and extra freight storage. The actual depot itself was at the other end of the building, and will remain empty as the entire building is being rebuilt at the end of next summer/early fall. So We r only in that spot til approx. Summer, we will move to a better location then,

And the address for Cold Shot Gp is 9910-121 Ave Phone numbers remain the same as Greyhounds were.

Cold Shot is expanding by word of mouth and seem to be pulling pretty decent numbers on most runs, Prices on the former Greyhound contract runs(Edmonton to Cold Lake and Peace River dropped) and passenger numbers have increased. Cold Shot operates much different than Greyhound did, the schedules are set to passenger demand, and they seem to be working well, Freight service is increasing weekly and They are competing pretty good on the runs where they have competition on. Cold Shot does not stop at as many places as Greyhound did. And a lot of agencies have moved to much better locations than Greyhound ever had.

50 minutes ago, roeco said:

Well just the East End of the building which used to be used for offices and extra freight storage. The actual depot itself was at the other end of the building, and will remain empty as the entire building is being rebuilt at the end of next summer/early fall. So We r only in that spot til approx. Summer, we will move to a better location then,

And the address for Cold Shot Gp is 9910-121 Ave Phone numbers remain the same as Greyhounds were.

Cold Shot is expanding by word of mouth and seem to be pulling pretty decent numbers on most runs, Prices on the former Greyhound contract runs(Edmonton to Cold Lake and Peace River dropped) and passenger numbers have increased. Cold Shot operates much different than Greyhound did, the schedules are set to passenger demand, and they seem to be working well, Freight service is increasing weekly and They are competing pretty good on the runs where they have competition on. Cold Shot does not stop at as many places as Greyhound did. And a lot of agencies have moved to much better locations than Greyhound ever had.

The transition away from Greyhound appears to be working the same if not better than it did stateside albeit at a much faster clip...

• 2 weeks later...

Cold Shot will soon start their service into BC...Dawson Creek and Fort St John from Grande Prairie(passengers will transfer at Gp). Service will operate 6 days a week. Lv Gp 7 am arriving back by 4pm.  Also Cold Shot is in the process of changing their Saskatoon passenger service and will be expanding their freight services in the near future  to Include Sk,south Ab and BC with interline partnerships.

2 hours ago, roeco said:

Cold Shot will soon start their service into BC...Dawson Creek and Fort St John from Grande Prairie(passengers will transfer at Gp). Service will operate 6 days a week. Lv Gp 7 am arriving back by 4pm.  Also Cold Shot is in the process of changing their Saskatoon passenger service and will be expanding their freight services in the near future  to Include Sk,south Ab and BC with interline partnerships.

How long before somebody interlines the whole thing together to connect to GLC?

1 hour ago, ns8401 said:

Might be a while, interlining has it's own internal infrastructure requirements, as well as negotiations between the companies involved. 

1 hour ago, RZ350 said:

Might be a while, interlining has it's own internal infrastructure requirements, as well as negotiations between the companies involved. 

We can all agree that such a scenario is more of an eventuality than a what if right? 

It almost surprises me that a deal wasn’t worked out to simply turn the routes that GLC was operating over to new companies and forge interlining agreements as the routes were turned over. The whole thing seems like it could have been far more orderly if somebody wanted it to be...

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, RZ350 said:

I know Cold shot is in the process of working out interline agreements that will expand their reach.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:46 PM, ns8401 said:

I can guarantee you Cold Shot wants nothing to do with Greyhound if they even expand with freight that far east. 

2 hours ago, roeco said:

I know Cold shot is in the process of working out interline agreements that will expand their reach.

I can guarantee you Cold Shot wants nothing to do with Greyhound if they even expand with freight that far east. 

Having dealt with Greyhound in this capacity, I can tell you that interlining with greyhound is a major pain. it can take upwards of 7 months to get paid for freight. up to 12 months to get paid for tickets. NOT worth it.

8 hours ago, RZ350 said:

Having dealt with Greyhound in this capacity, I can tell you that interlining with greyhound is a major pain. it can take upwards of 7 months to get paid for freight. up to 12 months to get paid for tickets. NOT worth it.

Is there anything that company can do well?

• 3 weeks later...

Cold Shot at first started with interline agreements between Edmonton and Saskatoon and Edmonton and Jasper. However they have given up both of those in favor of running both services themselves. Service between Edmonton and Lloydminster is Operating 5 days a week and the plan is to do Lloydminster to Saskatoon soon! Also they have just terminated their Edmonton to Jasper partnership with Sun Dog and will operate it themselves also, that should start soon. Freight service is expanding to include Fort Nelson,BC and Chetwynd,BC. 

• 5 months later...

Cold Shot will be expanding their Edmonton to Calgary service by Sept. Also Some service efficiencies are being implemented out of Peace River to Grande Prairie which will discontinue passenger service as of Aug.30. Freight service will continue operating Mon to Fri. The corridor is already serviced by Northern Express 4 x weekly which Is more than enough service for that corridor. 

• 2 months later...

I'm currently trying to piece together a comprehensive map of western Canadian services in the wake of Greyhound. Is the geocoding in Google maps correct for the ColdShot terminal in Edmonton - an industrial building in the middle of not very much?  

Have any efforts been made to re-consolidate bus services to a shared terminal in Edmonton? 

• Like 1