A Sad Day for Winnipeg Transit

WpgBusDriver

It was a sad day for Winnipeg Transit today as a driver was killed while working. The driver was attacked at the U of M and was rushed to the hospital in serious condition. He later passed away from his injuries. This is the first time a driver has been killed by an attack while on duty in Canada, and only the 2nd Winnipeg Transit driver to die while on duty ( a traffic accident)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/transit-driver-attack-university-manitoba-winnipeg-1.3981581

I apologize that I am a few days late with this, but I extend my deepest condolences to the family, friends, and colleagues of this operator, who tragically was lost while innocently conducting his duties as a transit operator. I'm aware that transit operators all across the continent are family. I myself have, coincidentally, also been dealing with a separate tragedy of my own for the past few days. I am well aware at this time of how it feels to lose a family member, friend or colleague, so I can definitely relate to what everyone affected is feeling right now. May this operator rest in peace, and may everyone affected stay strong. 

23 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

What do you think transit will with 112? Renumber it ? Doesn't Toronto do stuff like that ?

Not only is this not the most appropriate thread to discuss that in, but that should be one of the last things on everyone's minds at this time.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Nick B said:

I apologize that I am a few days late with this, but I extend my deepest condolences to the family, friends, and colleagues of this operator, who tragically was lost while innocently conducting his duties as a transit operator. I'm aware that transit operators all across the continent are family. I myself have, coincidentally, also been dealing with a separate tragedy of my own for the past few days. I am well aware at this time of how it feels to lose a family member, friend or colleague, so I can definitely relate to what everyone affected is feeling right now. May this operator rest in peace, and may everyone affected stay strong. 

Not only is this not the most appropriate thread to discuss that in, but that should be one of the last things on everyone's minds at this time.

Yes your right sorry for bring it up 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wpgtransit183-2 said:

Saw many all buses today with rest in piece #521 I attended the funeral today and will be riding my buddy's bus to gather his thoughts on what can be done to improve driver safety. 

FTFY. I didn't see a single bus without the PR today, and I was out the whole day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Why was that comment needed? Who says the buses even had their signs programmed with the PR message? I'm sure it's entirely possible that out of 500+ buses, some where missed.

The ones I saw were buses that came out of the garage till afternoon so driver might not of signed up P/R 521 when he left the garage

The bus signs are updated by Wi-Fi so if the bus is being repaired, or the router wasn't working or was disconnect from the wi-fi for some reason the sign might not get updated. The bus I had in the morning didn't have the p/r message on it, but when I went over to G for another problem the signs started updating and the P/R message showed up. Nothing is perfect!!

On 2/22/2017 at 1:07 PM, bus is coming 1965 said:

Well there idiots. 

THEY ARE!!! :-)

or

THEY'RE

:P:P:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:

33 minutes ago, WpgBusDriver said:

The bus signs are updated by Wi-Fi so if the bus is being repaired, or the router wasn't working or was disconnect from the wi-fi for some reason the sign might not get updated. The bus I had in the morning didn't have the p/r message on it, but when I went over to G for another problem the signs started updating and the P/R message showed up. Nothing is perfect!!

THEY ARE!!! :-)

or

THEY'RE

:P:P:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:

Oh that's interesting I was wondering how the signs are updated

15 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

Oh that's interesting I was wondering how the signs are updated

Signs and fareboxes are updated by Wi-Fi hotspots through out the garages. One of the reasons if you update your Peggo card over the net it may take up to 24 hrs or so to become valid. Depends when the bus pulls into the garage and gets all the updates