Roam Transit (Banff & Canmore, AB)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 1:43 PM, downbeat said:

"Record number of visitors using transit to get to, travel around Banff"

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/record-number-of-visitors-using-transit-to-get-to-travel-around-banff-1.6146222

If you build it, they will come. Applies to transit all the same. I wish Jasper had a similar system, I was dismayed to find zero transit options when I visited a few years ago. Really disappointing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InfiNorth said:

If you build it, they will come. Applies to transit all the same. I wish Jasper had a similar system, I was dismayed to find zero transit options when I visited a few years ago. Really disappointing. 

Back about four years ago, I visited Banff without a car for the first time. Between Roam and On-It, it was so liberating!

Roam Transit has very good frequencies now on the backbone local routes, too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2022 at 8:51 PM, InfiNorth said:

Well it looks like public Transit is coming to Jasper very soon:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/jasper-planning-to-introduce-public-transit-system-this-summer-1.6805270?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar&fbclid=IwAR1-5PVzeusvUmsFlvLyNcZ53MDRmcuP9M3XPXImKVaLu4DTXjszS8mRBkI

• Like 3

On 4/9/2023 at 12:40 PM, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Very exciting, but those routes look questionable for anyone other than tourists, not going to lie. The lack of local service to the south end of the townsite speaks volumes about who this will be for. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Does anyone know if ROAM has a bus or vehicle numbered 1037 and if so, what type and model is it?  I recently got info that there is now new Proterra's numbered 1032, 1036, 1038, & 1039, but have not heard if there is a 1037 or not. 

ROAM transit does have a 1037 and it is the same proterra as others but it has not entered service yet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So the wiki shows 1001 to 1004 as retired last March. These are the 2008 Nova LFS HEV. 1003 eas burnt up. However it appears 1001 has been brought back? See the screenshot from the tracking app taken just now.

Maybe due to possible shortages of parts on the Proterras due to the company filing for bankruptcy?

Screenshot_20240303_131242_DoubleMap.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...