Jefferson Transit (Washington State)

Buzz2kb

Jefferson Transit serves the county of the same name in the Olympic Peninsula of the Washington State.  It has a rather interesting fleet for its small size.  The backbone buses of its East-End operation based at Port Townsend are the four 2004-06 Gillig Phantoms 30ft like 2004 bus 502.  I have no doubt that they will be eventually replaced by more baby Gillig LF's like 2011 bus 506 illustrated here.

JTWa-r11B-502-2.JPGJTWa-506-1.JPG

Meanwhile, bus 508 is a 35ft. version of the 4-bus 2011 order.  However, the gem of the East-End fleet must be bus 908, a 25-years old Orion V 35ft.

JTWa-r03-508-1.JPGJTWa-r02-908-1.JPG

They also have a lesser-known West-End operation based at Forks in Clallam County (The West and East sides of Jefferson County is seperated by Clallam County).  It has a single Olympic Connection route that runs on cutaways exclusively.  Attached here is 406, a 2013 Ford F550 pictured at the Forks Transit Center.

JTWa-OC-406-4.JPG

My Jefferson Transit gallery is available here.  Enjoy my coverage of this small gem of transit agency!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Buzz2kb said:

Jefferson Transit serves the county of the same name in the Olympic Peninsula of the Washington State.  It has a rather interesting fleet for its small size.  The backbone buses of its East-End operation based at Port Townsend are the four 2004-06 Gillig Phantoms 30ft like 2004 bus 502.  I have no doubt that they will be eventually replaced by more baby Gillig LF's like 2011 bus 506 illustrated here.

Meanwhile, bus 508 is a 35ft. version of the 4-bus 2011 order.  However, the gem of the East-End fleet must be bus 908, a 25-years old Orion V 35ft.

They also have a lesser-known West-End operation based at Forks in Clallam County (The West and East sides of Jefferson County is seperated by Clallam County).  It has a single Olympic Connection route that runs on cutaways exclusively.  Attached here is 406, a 2013 Ford F550 pictured at the Forks Transit Center.

My Jefferson Transit gallery is available here.  Enjoy my coverage of this small gem of transit agency!

JTWa-r11B-502-2.JPG

JTWa-506-1.JPG

JTWa-r03-508-1.JPG

JTWa-r02-908-1.JPG

JTWa-OC-406-4.JPG

Does the Orion V still have its Detroit Diesel 6v92 or was it repowered from what you could hear while you were there???

10 minutes ago, pnwelevator said:

Does the Orion V still have its Detroit Diesel 6v92 or was it repowered from what you could hear while you were there???

Sorry, but I'm not an expert in telling power plants apart by hearing their sounds, so I can't help you on this count unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Buzz2kb said:

Sorry, but I'm not an expert in telling power plants apart by hearing their sounds, so I can't help you on this count unfortunately.

Ok, let me ask you this then, was it louder than the other buses that were there or was it about the same??? I'm trying to make it simple, nothing to make you feel bad.

1 minute ago, pnwelevator said:

Ok, let me ask you this then, was it louder than the other buses that were there or was it about the same??? I'm trying to make it simple, nothing to make you feel bad.

I'm just a different kind of transit fan than some of you, as I'm more interested in build up a gallery of as many types of buses on as many routes in an agency's system as possible, and barely pay any attention to the mechanics.  Please bear with my different orientation in terms of transit fanning.

1 minute ago, Buzz2kb said:

I'm just a different kind of transit fan than some of you, as I'm more interested in build up a gallery of as many types of buses on as many routes in an agency's system as possible, and barely pay any attention to the mechanics.  Please bear with my different orientation in terms of transit fanning.

It's all good, everybody's different in their own way :) Nothin' wrong with that

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey everyone,

I was recently in Port Townsend and I saw some brand-new Gillig Low Floor buses on Jefferson Transit. My best guess is that 514 and 515 are new 29-footers, and 516 and 517 are new 35-footers. (And on a side note, they all have incredibly uncomfortable hard plastic seats, in start contrast to the cushy seats in the rest of the fleet). However, I can't find any info about these buses, and I'm not sure where to start, as I'd like to add them to the wiki.

If anyone has any information or suggestions as to where to look, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!