Seashore_518203

Toronto Transportation Society - 2017 Trips

In my opinion, I would cut the american portion of the charter right out. I dont think pictures etc in public transportation is something that the border guards will take lightly, I can see there being hassles and issues at the border, possibly even turning the whole group right back into Canada. And I know someone is gonna try and argue this, but if they get any bad feelings about you guys going over, they can easily seize cameras etc going in either direction and make you erase the whole charter(not an organization I'd recommend arguing with). Just a suggestion to maybe take into consideration. It would be easier if we were all american but once you cross that border you might face more than you bargained for when you cross. They're there to protect the nation and with everything going on in the world right now, this is something they might red flag, and if they red flag it, it will show on every one of your passports and the reasons why.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaT said:

In my opinion, I would cut the american portion of the charter right out. I dont think pictures etc in public transportation is something that the border guards will take lightly, I can see there being hassles and issues at the border, possibly even turning the whole group right back into Canada. And I know someone is gonna try and argue this, but if they get any bad feelings about you guys going over, they can easily seize cameras etc going in either direction and make you erase the whole charter(not an organization I'd recommend arguing with). Just a suggestion to maybe take into consideration. It would be easier if we were all american but once you cross that border you might face more than you bargained for when you cross. They're there to protect the nation and with everything going on in the world right now, this is something they might red flag, and if they red flag it, it will show on every one of your passports and the reasons why.

I have never had problems going to the USA for conventions, charters and just to fan. I explain to them what it is and I never had to go into secondary 

The TTS Windsor charter will now be on Saturday, November 4. Ryan Tilley will be rescheduling his charter to Saturday, October 21.

This was the only decision we could make. The charter was planned to give people a chance to ride the new Q-Line streetcar in Detroit. Even if Transit Windsor obtains permission to operate on the bridge (which they do not currently have; plans for the Tunnel Bus have not been determined), we would have endured long delays waiting in lineups on the bridge.

Sure, there is always the chance that our group can be turned away. I highly doubt it but if it were to happen, then we would have 5 hours on the Windsor side. Numerous bus enthusiast groups have crossed the border before and not had a problem so I do not anticipate it here.

If you have already registered for the charter and cannot make the new date, then your money will be refunded.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Tom1122 said:

The CACC Terminal is the terminal where the Tunnel Bus departs from, right? If not, which Transit Windsor routes serve the terminal?

The College Avenue Terminal has service from Transit Windsor on these routes:

1C - Transway; 2 - Crosstown; 7 - South Windsor; 3 West (evenings/weekends).

The Tunnel bus begins its route to Detroit from the Windsor International Transit Terminal.

On 10/22/2017 at 1:19 AM, newflyerinvero said:

The College Avenue Terminal has service from Transit Windsor on these routes:

1C - Transway; 2 - Crosstown; 7 - South Windsor; 3 West (evenings/weekends).

The Tunnel bus begins its route to Detroit from the Windsor International Transit Terminal.

4 routes service the College Ave. Terminal, Transway 1C,  Crosstown 2, Central 3 (Central 3 West evening & Sunday/Holidays), South Windsor 7.

I would like to point this out: the only SMART route serving downtown Detroit on weekends is the 598 Gratiot Reflex and even then the closest it comes to the RPTC is Monroe and Farmer Streets, which is just a block from the Q-Line Campus Martius station. However, when the new year rolls around, there will be additional weekend SMART service in Detroit...

https://www.smartbus.org/About/News/ArtMID/707/ArticleID/252/Get-Ready

• Like 2

I'm not clear where I should be parking for the Windsor charter. If I missed that in the info, sorry. Last time I was on a Windsor charter I got a ride and didn't worry about directions. B)

4 hours ago, Ed T. said:

I'm not clear where I should be parking for the Windsor charter. If I missed that in the info, sorry. Last time I was on a Windsor charter I got a ride and didn't worry about directions. B)

The West End Transit Terminal is immediately opposite the College Avenue Community Centre (3325 College Avenue). There is parking for the community centre immediately beside the West End Terminal.

An e-mail should be going out to all participants this week with further instructions.

Just another heads up for this Saturday. There may be more traffic than normal for a Saturday on 4th especially near the university area due to the University of Windsor hosting their fall open house that day. 

• Like 1

An e-mail update was sent out to people who have registered. If you did not get one, that means that I did not know your e-mail address. Please PM me with your address if you have registered and did not get an update.

Please try to arrive at least 15-20 minutes early Saturday morning. If you have paperwork left to do (waiver, payment, etc.) please try to arrive even earlier than that. We hope to leave on time at 11:30 AM.

If you are arriving by car, please note that highway 401 westbound has a number of one lane sections between Chatham and Windsor due to construction. Expect delays and plan ahead to arrive on time.

Just as I had told you guys earlier, I wasn't officially in the charter (I'm not even a TTS member in fact), but I did at least see your Orion VI parked on Times Square outside the Rosa Parks Transit Center. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see any of you in person...in fact, there were more pedestrians than usual near Cobo Center and the Renaissance Center due to Cobo hosting the Youmacon comic book/anime/video game convention today, and obviously most of those wore costumes of pop culture characters.

I would like to give out an early thanks to the TTS and Transit Windsor for finally reaching a compromise to still make possible the trip into downtown Detroit with the recent tunnel situation.

(yeah, I'm posting this type of thank you before this charter is officially even over, since, again, I wasn't in the charter, I just happened to hear about this on this thread giving me another chance to use DDOT services since I'm not far from Detroit)

It was a very interesting charter. There was enough time in Detroit to do your own thing, and enough information provided in the handout to make that possible. Thanks to organizers for that.

The People Mover was a real experience, what with the convention crowds. For some reason, I think it fits in better with the 'renaissance' Detroit--or maybe even hipsterizing Detroit--than I think it did with the down-at-heels old Detroit.

The Q line was an interesting ride. Not just the ride--there is a lot of interesting architecture from the early 20th century to be seen, particularly around Wayne State. The check-cashing-and-liquor stores I remember from my drive up Woodward back around twenty years ago are very much less in evidence.

SInce I have a Q line "cash refund card" with $3.50 on it, I guess I need to go back soon. :lol:

Seashore_518203 will probably chime in this, but I don’t think there will be one this year  (if there was  it would’ve been  announced quite some time ago)   tts tends to alternate it’s  Christmas light  charters every other year, 

On 20/11/2017 at 2:21 AM, pccstreetcar4549 said:

Seashore_518203 will probably chime in this, but I don’t think there will be one this year  (if there was  it would’ve been  announced quite some time ago)   tts tends to alternate it’s  Christmas light  charters every other year, 

That is correct. There is no Christmas Lights charter this year.