Seashore_518203

Toronto Transportation Society - 2017 Trips

The Toronto Transportation Society will be operating two fan trips in the spring:

• Saturday, April 8 - TTC 7400 charter. This series of Orion VII buses will start to be retired later this year. The TTS has obtained permission to take the bus on TTC operated routes in York Region (west of Yonge, north of Steeles). These routes will be taken over by YRT when the Yonge-University-Spadina subway extension opens at the end of the year.
  • Saturday, May 13 - South Central Ontario charter - A Parkinson highway coach will be chartered and we will visit Orangeville, Owen Sound, Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Midland and Orillia. This will be a very long day (over 12 hours) but we will be visiting transit systems that we have never visited before (with the exception of Orillia that we visited in 2010).

More details on these events will be on the TTS website within the next week.

The TTS will also be operating a fall charter but it has not been finalized at this point.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, H4 5600 said:

any chance of a yrt orion v charter soon?  

also pass on these.

The YRT Orion Vs just got refurbished last year, they're not going anywhere soon.

Also, no need to tell people you're not going. If you don't want to go, just don't send in a registration form.

• Like 3

I am for sure interested in the May 13th one. I will see about the 7400 its a 95% chance as I just have to book those times off. 

Just curious, for the charter with the Parkinson Coach, is the TTS planning to get one of the older coaches in the fleet or is there no preference selected and that Parkinson is going to assign a coach..

10 hours ago, noahrp24 said:

Just curious, for the charter with the Parkinson Coach, is the TTS planning to get one of the older coaches in the fleet or is there no preference selected and that Parkinson is going to assign a coach..

We will not be requesting a specific vehicle. That is always left up to Parkinson.

10 minutes ago, Seashore_518203 said:

We will not be requesting a specific vehicle. That is always left up to Parkinson.

Even if we get the Blue Bird Vision with coach seating if they still have that in their fleet?

9 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Even if we get the Blue Bird Vision with coach seating if they still have that in their fleet?

If you are referring to unit #132, it is still in their fleet as I gave Parkinson a visit last Saturday.

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎02 at 10:21 AM, TheAverageJoe said:

Preposterous!

3 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

You know your buddy from the food store will want to come for that ride!

Let's stop this discussion right here. We have ordered a 55 passenger highway coach for this trip. WE DID NOT ORDER AN ACTIVITY BUS !

• Like 8

I'm a little confused on how to send money using Paypal. How is the payment linked with the purchase of charter tickets (how will Rob know which charter the payment is for)?

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

I'm a little confused on how to send money using Paypal. How is the payment linked with the purchase of charter tickets (how will Rob know which charter the payment is for)?

Good point. When sending money by PayPal, there is a note field prior to confirming the sending. You could enter a little note for Rob in that field to say which charter it is for.

• Like 1

Wish I could attend, but April is still the busy season at work, so no way to get the Friday off to drive to Toronto. As for the other charter, can't attend since there is a charter in montreal on the Sunday.

I just mailed in my registration form and payment for the TTC Orion VII 7400 charter. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody at the charter on April the 8th!

To all TTS members and non-members who have registered for the TTC 7400 fan trip on Saturday, April 8th :

• Please remember to show up early, if possible. We would really like to depart on time (11:00 AM departure time) so if you have paperwork still to do (sign the waiver, pay for the fan trip), please make an effort to track down Rob Lubinski or myself. Even if you have signed a waiver and paid, please track me down so I can give you your ticket.
  • Remember that the start point is on the north side of Sheppard, east of Don Mills. You will have to exit the Don Mills subway station to board the bus on the street. The bus will not be going into the Don Mills station.
  • Also note that we are covering a lot of distance with this charter. TTC has decreed that when travelling north of Steeles in York Region, we can only use roads that TTC regular routes use. Thus, this means that we have to come back down to Steeles Avenue when we want to travel north/south on another major street in York Region. As part of the fan trip, we will be going to the furthest north point in the TTC network, Keele and Teston Road.
  • This charter is sold out so we will be asking people to use up all available seats on the Orion VII. Please put your camera bags on either your lap or the floor under your seat.
  • Also, don’t forget that the TTC has scheduled Line 1 (Yonge-University-Spadina) track work this weekend. As a result, Line 1 will be closed between Downsview and St. George stations. Shuttle buses will be provided between Downsview and Lawrence West stations. Please make note of this if it affects your travel plans.
  • Finally, because of all of the distance we are covering, while we will try our best to arrive at Don Mills station at 4:00 PM at the end of the charter, there is the likelihood that we will run into heavy traffic at some point in the charter and may arrive late. Please plan accordingly just in case we do not arrive back at Don Mills station in time.

We will see everybody on Saturday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

What's available at the lunch stop on the 7400 charter?

Food !

Seriously, the lunch stop will be at Promenade Mall. You can either have lunch or photograph buses at the transit terminal.

• Like 4

Thanks Kevin and the TTS executive for another great charter. We had a beautiful sunny day for lots of great photo stops. Thanks also to Josh and Dan from Rapido Trains for bringing out their beautifully preserved TDH-5303 for a great surprise visit.

For anyone who wasn't able to attend, my photos from yesterday's charter are now online.

• Like 2