Broadway SkyTrain Extension

cprted

While a thread already exists for Surrey Rapid Transit, there still is no thread to talk about the Broadway Extension. I guess we will let this one pass.

Perhaps renaming this thread to "Millennium Line - Broadway Extension" would suffice for now (and you have the naming rights to this thread so...)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stormscape said:

I think my biggest hope for the Broadway extension is that they make it a proper underground transfer at Cambie like they promised they would

I think they will built underground transfer since the Broadway City Hall Station has knock out wall for the Millennium line.

17 hours ago, Express691 said:

While a thread already exists for Surrey Rapid Transit, there still is no thread to talk about the Broadway Extension. I guess we will let this one pass.

Perhaps renaming this thread to "Millennium Line - Broadway Extension" would suffice for now (and you have the naming rights to this thread so...)

Obviously I didn't look hard enough for the old thread ... c'est la vie ... lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight is the LAST chance to voice your opposition against LRT on the Translink survey. Please complete and share accordingly

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/translink-Z/surrey-lrt/

-Express691

Speaking of which, today is also the last day to vote yes for the Broadway subway. 

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/translink-Z/millennium-line-broadway-extension/

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Broadway Subway gets a mention in the 2017 Federal Budget

http://www.budget.gc.ca/2017/docs/plan/chap-02-en.html#Toc477707383

Awesome news. Here's the Translink press release:

http://www.translink.ca/en/About-Us/Media/2017/March/Mayors-Council-welcomes-historic-federal-investment.aspx

Translink says the feds have committed 2.2b to transit funding in Metro Vancouver in this budget. While the budget plan writeup looks really awesome, does anyone know where to access the list of budget line items, so that we can see specifics?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dane said:

I don't think anything will be too specific until the Province also commits investment? I may be mistaken though. 

I believe this funding is designated by the federal government to be spent on the Millennium Line extension and Surrey LRT (or whatever method they end up building) specifically.  Part of it is to stimulate the economy with jobs.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, buizel10 said:

There isn't really enough density past there. However, train attracts density, not density attracts train. 

UBC itself has enough density for the Skytrain to run directly there even if it would be the next stop after Arbutus. Kevin Desmond even agrees it should go all the way there, but now is not the time for that.  The majority of the demand is along the Broadway corridor and the 99 could easily get to UBC from an Arbutus station in a short amount of time and frequently to pick up the slack.  If they have the money, they should implement some sort of BRT for that short 99 to make it even better, but then again might not be worth it if they are going to expand the Skytrain to UBC eventually anyways.

57 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

I believe this funding is designated by the federal government to be spent on the Millennium Line extension and Surrey LRT (or whatever method they end up building) specifically.  Part of it is to stimulate the economy with jobs.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

UBC itself has enough density for the Skytrain to run directly there even if it would be the next stop after Arbutus. Kevin Desmond even agrees it should go all the way there, but now is not the time for that.  The majority of the demand is along the Broadway corridor and the 99 could easily get to UBC from an Arbutus station in a short amount of time and frequently to pick up the slack.  If they have the money, they should implement some sort of BRT for that short 99 to make it even better, but then again might not be worth it if they are going to expand the Skytrain to UBC eventually anyways.

That would be nice.

Dear Kitsilano and West Point Grey residents, 

Either

a. give up all parking on W. Broadway and W. 10th for 24/7 bus lanes, or

b. let us build this subway to UBC. 

You must choose one. Deadline for choice submission is Dec. 1, 2017.

Sincerely,

The whole region except you, and,

Translink.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Large Cat said:

That would be nice.

Dear Kitsilano and West Point Grey residents, 

Either

a. give up all parking on W. Broadway and W. 10th for 24/7 bus lanes, or

b. let us build this subway to UBC. 

You must choose one. Deadline for choice submission is Dec. 1, 2017.

Sincerely,

The whole region except you, and,

Translink.

Do you think they'll remove the hov lanes once skytrain is built to ubc?

1 minute ago, piggyoinkcanada said:

When the line is finally run from Broadway Station all the way to UBC, it would be neat if 3155 was repainted to its original livery and did the ceremonial last 99B run to UBC.

Why would they use a retired 40 ft bus on an artic route?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TranslinkKid said:

Why would they use a retired 40 ft bus on an artic route?

I was mostly kidding as it likely wouldnt happen but well, its the closest style of vehicle that used to run on the 99b all the time when it was first started in 1995.   I understand what you mean but well, all the artics now are 'new'...

10 minutes ago, piggyoinkcanada said:

When the line is finally run from Broadway Station all the way to UBC, it would be neat if 3155 was repainted to its original livery and did the ceremonial last 99B run to UBC.

IMO it would be more fitting if it were 8020, given that those buses were ordered and configured specifically for that route.

19 minutes ago, piggyoinkcanada said:

Those people in Kits and PG shouldn't be complaining about the skytrain. It'll help their property values lol

They're not worried about property values. They just don't want any further development or densification in their neighbourhoods.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

Construction on subway could start in 2018 if the Provincial government puts funding towards it:

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canada-federal-budget-2017-vancouver-broadway-subway-surrey-lrt

As of this morning it looks like the BC government is not willing to contribute it's full portion for this and the Surrey LRT.