2018 Standard 40' Bus Procurement

Express691

2 hours ago, 8010 said:

The 47 XN40s + 4 Electric Buses (LFSe and XE40) are enough to replace all the 2016 XN40s at HTC if they're all moved out to STC, two are already in Surrey.

Also isn't the 340 going from STC to HTC anyway? So a handful of the 2016s staying at HTC seems reasonable.

21 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

Then isn't it only logical that STC should get the smaller 2019 order and HTC should keep the '16s?

From what I read earlier in the thread somewhere, when the extra 47 XN40s were allocated to Hamilton, it was thought that Hamilton would be the retirement garage for the D40LFs. Surrey ended up being the retirement garage for the D40LFs. We'll see if these 47 XN40s go to Hamilton or get instantaneously transfered to Surrey upon entering service.

3 hours ago, briguychau said:

Also isn't the 340 going from STC to HTC anyway? So a handful of the 2016s staying at HTC seems reasonable.

If we're getting 6 more electric buses by the end of the year (just speculation) it would make sense to just send the 2016 XN40s to STC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, transitfan said:

Can add H19104 at HTC.

The H prefix has been removed from 19101, 02 and 03...

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and assume they're going to STC, I'm probably wrong though, but it would make more sense to have those at STC rather than 2014 and/or 2016 XN40s.

28 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

Is this a mistake??? HTC must be super angry right now; they've waited a year for them! Those buses were supposed to be theirs!!!

Well HTC was also supposed to have old buses as well (D40LF,,, "cough cough".) Since Surrey has all the old buses, may as well give them the new ones. Don't worry Hamilton, you'll get your new buses too, when you give Surrey back their 2018s, a ha ha ha ha!

• Like 3