2018 Standard 40' Bus Procurement

Express691

42 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

I've recieved word that the second XN40 bus order will be cancelled in favour of more XDE60s.

One-for-one, I hope? If so, then I approve wholeheartedly. Given that one of the major constraints on CMBC’s ability to deliver increased service is its ability to recruit and retain drivers, upgrading overcrowded FTN routes to use artics is an easy fix.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GORDOOM said:

One-for-one, I hope? If so, then I approve wholeheartedly. Given that one of the major constraints on CMBC’s ability to deliver increased service is its ability to recruit and retain drivers, upgrading overcrowded FTN routes to use artics is an easy fix.

Id upgrade the 119 to Artics and even the 130 if possible.

Here's my new 'projected fleet summary' for end of 2019 if this is indeed true!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QATxfcSBCNxTo69ScBB5o1OXoG2Vt43TKmfDn0N5h_4/edit?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

However, I cannot confirm whether this is just excerising the 2019 options on the other artic order or if this is further expansion.

1 hour ago, DJ1400 said:

Really? Richmond's XD40s are going to move into Surrey?

I keep hearing surrey isnt getting nova’s, And richmond is getting flooded with them.

also, vtc is slated to have no pure diesels left soon, so the 29 remaining lfs’s would likely goto RTC. 

What other vehicles apart from xn40’s are going to stc to replace the remaining 37 d40lf’s? My guess is artics & xd40’s

its unlikely that htc transfers out existing xn40’s to stc, so xd40 to stc is really the only option

also, having a small micro fleet of say 25-35 nova’s is impractical when its orions / new flyer vehicles at STC

the only other option i can see is HTC swaps all of its HEV’s with STC’s d40lfr’s which would retire the remaining D40LF’s, and if one of HTC’s routes get upgraded to artics, then they could replace the 40 foot deficit with new artics coming in

6 hours ago, cleowin said:

Id upgrade the 119 to Artics and even the 130 if possible.

The 119 is probably not possible due to the fact that Edmonds Station loop is too small. The 130 is possible although Capilano U. loop is also too small, but that loop will have to be upgraded for the Willingdon B-Line by 2024.

7 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Yes please: 25, 319... even the 84 weekdays 

2 hours ago, 8010 said:

The 119 is probably not possible due to the fact that Edmonds Station loop is too small. The 130 is possible although Capilano U. loop is also too small, but that loop will have to be upgraded for the Willingdon B-Line by 2024.

How is CapU too small

• Like 1

11 hours ago, buizelbus said:

I've recieved word that the second XN40 bus order will be cancelled in favour of more XDE60s.

As per the board meeting minutes, the XN40's are delayed to prioritize delivery of the XDE60's which was Translink's request.  I believe they are still coming just not as soon as originally planned.

• Thanks 2

On March 30, 2019 at 6:36 PM, 8010 said:

What about the 106? I'd bet it needs the artics more than the 119.