2018 Standard 40' Bus Procurement

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. They are going to have laser beams instead. If the driver senses an imminent threat, he or she can push a large red button on the side console which will trigger laser beams concealed inside the o

Not confirmed officially, but from a reliable source.  Saw on a comment thread on a Facebook group. 106 XN40 23 NovaBUS suburbans 94 NovaBUS BAE hybrids 10 NovaBUS BAE hybrids for West Vancouver

They’re just getting everyone fired up in anticipation of 500 imaginary buses so that they can have an opportunity to write another article in two years criticizing TL for failing to deliver on their

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Brando737 said:

Won't share a photo just yet, but the Nova Suburban's will have an updated suburban livery and it looks great in my opinion.  Apparently the artics coming this year and next will have an updated livery as well.

Would the Nova hybrids and the future double deckers also have this new livery?

4 minutes ago, anyfong said:

Would the Nova hybrids and the future double deckers also have this new livery?

The hybrids will most likely have the current livery on our XN's and XDE60's from 2015 to current.  The livery I was refering to will be a new suburban design to differentiate those buses from the urban services.  It will most likely be applied to the double deckers since those will be on suburban routes.  However, they may apply a special livery to the double deckers as they will be new to us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, Brando737 said:

The hybrids will most likely have the current livery on our XN's and XDE60's from 2015 to current.  The livery I was refering to will be a new suburban design to differentiate those buses from the urban services.  It will most likely be applied to the double deckers since those will be on suburban routes.  However, they may apply a special livery to the double deckers as they will be new to us.

Just hope that the new livery would not have the windows covered up like the demo double deckers!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Brando737 said:

I was really hoping they would go with Charcoal for all new buses. Maybe it's just how hideous the current suburban livery is, but I really prefer having a consistent paint scheme across the fleet. We've been getting so close, but now new orders may screw it up. Maybe though the new suburban livery will be close enough to Charcoal to satisfy me.😏

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

S18111 has an issue (well i heard most or all of the stc CNG busses) with the front axel or ramp being too low. Can anyone comfirm? 

They are the same as the 14000's and 16000's and the Xcelsior artics as far as I know.  Are you referring to the bus being kneeled then the ramp put out end up being in an odd position?  The ramp is built in a way that the bus doesn't need to be kneeled for the ramp to be in a good position for loading a wheelchair and if it is kneeled, it may create and awkward angle.

4 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

S18111 has an issue (well i heard most or all of the stc CNG busses) with the front axel or ramp being too low. Can anyone comfirm? 

is that what's up with S18106? I haven't seen it on t-comm in service since June 25

6 hours ago, Brando737 said:

They are the same as the 14000's and 16000's and the Xcelsior artics as far as I know.  Are you referring to the bus being kneeled then the ramp put out end up being in an odd position?  The ramp is built in a way that the bus doesn't need to be kneeled for the ramp to be in a good position for loading a wheelchair and if it is kneeled, it may create and awkward angle.

Reminds me of the time (about 3 years ago) a ST operator kneeled the bus then deployed the ramp. This caused one end of the ramp to be off the ground.

IMG_20180706_150225_615.jpg

2 hours ago, TranslinkKid said:

Reminds me of the time (about 3 years ago) a ST operator kneeled the bus then deployed the ramp. This caused one end of the ramp to be off the ground.

IMG_20180706_150225_615.jpg

IDK if it was MCWmetrobus from 2016, but I know one operator who mentioned how the XD40s were low enough to load a wheelchair without the ramp.

17 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

I believe you are right as I saw S18111 outside Western Bus Parts & service Ltd. in North Vancouver about a week ago and it has not been on T-Comm at all.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, Brando737 said:

However, will Translink going to repaint 9277-9285 with the new livery during refurb??

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Express691 said:

S18143 spotted in the American Heartlands

Check out @Miss604’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Miss604/status/1015313826915352576?s=09

Funny because I remember driving the I5 in Seattle almost 2 years ago and I passed 16051 heading NB!

7 hours ago, Express691 said:

IDK if it was MCWmetrobus from 2016, but I know one operator who mentioned how the XD40s were low enough to load a wheelchair without the ramp.

Correct, the Xcelsior bus models ride lower, no need to kneel the bus otherwise the ramp will not fully lower but rather be slightly up off the sidewalk. 

4 hours ago, DJ1400 said:

Here's S18114, surprised a natural gas unit runs 96 whole day schedule today

IMG_0958.JPG

My turn for 18114 on 96 B-Line, good to see the CNG back to the B-Line~~

S18114_96_zpswndrvkvr.jpg

Plus few more shot for the newest XN40 in Surrey~~

S18110_502_zpsdq5bkmdh.jpg

S18112_321_zpsqxo7dbep.jpg

S18115_502_zpsskkflmah.jpg

😊😊

• Like 1