Express691

2018 Standard 40' Bus Procurement

On 8/22/2017 at 5:29 PM, Community Shuttle said:

Maybe this? It will likely receive BCT-style windows though

image.thumb.jpg.2d335b072861d16ad7914c2196718fd7.jpg

This would be really cool, actually. I wish they were repainting the current Novas in Charcoal when they do refurbishments. Hell, I even wish they would repaint the D60's in Charcoal!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TranslinkKid said:

Here's my drawing of the Novabus LFS in the suburban livery.

311 SCOTTSDALE(1).png

Thank you, much better.

• Confused 1

On 9/20/2017 at 7:26 AM, GORDOOM said:

Any update on when this is actually going to be announced? Or are the boys in Sapperton still banging out details with Flyer and/or Nova?

all I have is starting with all 2018 bus orders, Safety barriers are either installed or ready to install upon delivery.
--------------------------------
UPDATE: 
See first post for confirmations

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brando737 said:

From what I've heard the CNG's will be from New Flyer and the hybrids from Nova which will be BAE.

@Express691 was there any mention of Suburban's?  Supposed to be about 25 Nova's.

That's what I have too, but I can't find any firm sources that confirms any makes or brands from Translink/New Flyer

2 hours ago, Brando737 said:

From what I've heard the CNG's will be from New Flyer and the hybrids from Nova which will be BAE.

@Express691 was there any mention of Suburban's?  Supposed to be about 25 Nova's.

Any news on where the buses probably will be going?

3 hours ago, buizel10 said:

Any news on where the buses probably will be going?

A good chunk of the CNGs are for Surrey, which AIUI will be CNG-ready by then. There's ten hybrids for West Van in there. Aside from that, I can only speculate.

• Like 1

Apparently the 94 hybrids for expansion will all go to VTC which would mean the current Nova's will be spread out everywhere they are needed.  Would just be easier to spread them out as they get delivered, but this would give Vancouver a decent number of AC buses.  After this delivery, all depots will have AC buses for local service.

• Thanks 1

More NovaBuses eh... :wacko:

Anyway, more air-conditioned buses is a good start. I wonder what livery they'll end up coming into town with.

8 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Anyway, more air-conditioned buses is a good start. I wonder what livery they'll end up coming into town with.

I agree it's not as streamlined as the NFI Xcelsiors, but it is an improvement over the 3rd Gen ones in Vancouver.

Soci%C3%A9t%C3%A9_de_transport_de_Montr%

12 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

I'm hoping for Charcoal.