Express691

2018 Standard 40' Bus Procurement

10 hours ago, gdt717 said:

Forgive me if this is in the wrong topic:  there are still a couple of 72XX, and of course some 73XX and 74XX in Surrey.  Given their age, they will undoubtedly be coming up for retirement in the not too distant future.  What will they be replaced with?  Does anyone know?  Thanks.

Most likely Nova HEVs from Vancouver. At least, that's what I've heard. My calculations show that would line up, too.

9 hours ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

Im pretty sure Surrey will be taking more XN40s as they are not equiped to/ refuse to take anything other than New Flyer. (I have talked to some Surrey operators on my travels.) Case in point, their general distaste towards the Orions and the favour they show towards the New Flyer. I believe Hamilton will take the reminant amount of the XN40 order. 

If that were the case, then Novas would be scrapped and we would be ordering all diesels with Voith transmissions.

12 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

Most likely Nova HEVs from Vancouver. At least, that's what I've heard. My calculations show that would line up, too.

If that were the case, then Novas would be scrapped and we would be ordering all diesels with Voith transmissions.

I thought Hamilton would just fill up with Nova Bus HEVs instead of Surrey taking them as they know how to deal with them.

1 hour ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

I thought Hamilton would just fill up with Nova Bus HEVs instead of Surrey taking them as they know how to deal with them.

Surrey got a few for demonstration recently. Surrey is better suited for them, HTC deals with intense hills.

Yeah HTC would be better off without the sometimes gutless HEV Novas, most Hamilton routes run through New West which is intense hill central

18400 Has now arrived at Prevost. The is also 1 which has clear plastic covering up the 2nd full window on the left side. Unfortunately unable to get a number yet. 

On 12/9/2018 at 4:07 PM, Imgursdownvote4love said:

The buses (18366, 18471) have left the Hat, so they'll probably be in Vancouver by February!

5 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

In service today: 18366

I was right!

On 3/3/2019 at 6:36 AM, Millennium2002 said:

What New Westminster needs is trolleybuses! ;D

It's definitely feasible. Cheaper to operate and maintain than diesel buses in the long run.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

What's up with 18303-18307?

I saw 18303 at RTC earlier today. Should be in service soon.

Also saw 18391 and 18393. There were others too but I couldn't get any other numbers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1