Express691

2018 Standard 40' Bus Procurement

My turn for the shots of the brand new XN40, but unfortunely 18101 was already getting dirty during the first day in operation~~

S18101_320_zpsririgxe8.jpg

S18102_324_zpsyk7whtqc.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 6:56 PM, cleowin said:

We’re now beginning the final phase of d40lf dd50 series in service?

On 5/16/2018 at 8:05 PM, northwesterner said:

A phase that is years overdue...

On 5/16/2018 at 8:15 PM, 8010 said:

By the looks of things, yes. It looks like all 1995-1999 D40LFs will be retired by January 2019, if not earlier. 

well, if they're retired, we'll miss them very much:(

16 minutes ago, cleowin said:

In about 2023-2025, do you think BTC will receive XD40's or NovaBUS LFS as replacements? I don't see how Hybrids would be great for BTC.

I think TransLink will try to hold on to the 2008 Novas until 2026-2028 and they will probably order a bunch of XDE40s (even though Hybrids are not ideal for most of the BTC routes) because it seems like TransLink wants to start going further away from diesel as possible.

5 minutes ago, 8010 said:

I think TransLink will try to hold on to the 2008 Novas until 2026-2028 and they will probably order a bunch of XDE40s (even though Hybrids are not ideal for most of the BTC routes) because it seems like TransLink wants to start going further away from diesel as possible.

That would be brutal to keep the entire 40 foot fleet at BTC for it's entire life, you'd think BTC would start receiving new buses before then.

24 minutes ago, cleowin said:

That would be brutal to keep the entire 40 foot fleet at BTC for it's entire life, you'd think BTC would start receiving new buses before then.

I completely agree but TransLink tends to keep their fleet active until the end of their lives, but maybe with the 10-Year funding they can be retired earlier.

3 hours ago, 8010 said:

I wonder how CNG's perform on hills? I'm not sure. Maybe in 2026 hybrids might improve to the point they can climbs hills effectively but I'm just throwing out a guess :)

The XDE60's in Burnaby sure perform better on hills than the DE60LFR's and I know because I've drove both up Burnaby mountain and the 10th ave hill East of Alma :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phillip said:

I wonder how CNG's perform on hills? I'm not sure. Maybe in 2026 hybrids might improve to the point they can climbs hills effectively but I'm just throwing out a guess :)

The XDE60's in Burnaby sure perform better on hills than the DE60LFR's and I know because I've drove both up Burnaby mountain and the 10th ave hill East of Alma :) 

I've taken an XN40 on a 100 Marpole via Trapp a while ago, for the most part it performed well on hills, although when it was taking the right turn onto Marine Drive from Willard Street it had some struggle but managed to make it.

• Like 1

Lets be honest, if translink goes hybrids for btc, it’ll likely be nova hev’s?

dont see btc going back to nfi for 40 footers in a long long long time.

5 hours ago, jmward said:

T-comm has S18103 entering service this evening on the 319.

I saw it around evening at Newton too but didn't notice license plate number

• Haha 1