2018 Standard 40' Bus Procurement

Express691

1 hour ago, Community Shuttle said:

Things can break on vehicles no matter how old they are

Didn't we just discuss about how they were more likely to break when new compared to anywhere else in its lifetime?

On 1/6/2019 at 11:27 PM, Thomasw said:

Is there any word as to what is going on with S18110?

It has not been in service since September 20th and for such a new bus I would expect to see it on the road not in the shops

On 1/7/2019 at 7:52 AM, Jaymaud0804 said:

New buses can break down, too.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:25 AM, translink fan said:

It takes about 80 hours to do a PDI from Cullen/ Novabus before it gets released to CMBC. And agreed, the new buses may have a few kinks even for being new. New parts can fail from factory.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:06 PM, GORDOOM said:

In fact, the failure rate of brand-new buses (or brand new pretty much anything) is sky-high. If something is going to break prematurely, most of the time it will do so right away.

@rulerduler

10 minutes ago, cleowin said:

When are they expected to arrive anyway?

I was expecting them to arrive with the current XN40s, but at this rate I *think* they'll be arriving in the middle of the year. 

No reports about anything coming up I5 recently.

One photo I saw said the order was for 153 (I think that was in March). It was of an XN40, still in Winnipeg at the factory, in the winter, with its head sign saying something about an order of 153 buses.

I believe it is a continuous order.  Maybe it's been arranged to have the delivery of the rest of the XN's held off a bit while the artics are being delivered as well as the XE's shortly (according to planned delivery).  So many buses coming in right now that it wouldn't surprise me especially if New Flyer has the room.  Or maybe a break in manufacturing for the order.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

By the way, why aren't Surrey's XN40's headlights the new styled ones? I'll be very salty if Hamilton's order comes in with the new headlights - the design is just so much nicer.

Probably wasn't an option when the XN40's were ordered?