2018 Standard 40' Bus Procurement

Express691

When do you guys predict that the next LFS Suburbans will enter service? 

I also wanted to wish you guys a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season! Enjoy it while it lasts. I also wondered if the 2018nLFS HEVs have an engine cutoff system or something similar to that.

1 minute ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

I also wanted to wish you guys a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season! Enjoy it while it lasts. I also wondered if the 2018nLFS HEVs have an engine cutoff system or something similar to that.

The hybrids do have the engine cutoff system. No idea when the next suburbans will enter service.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

There were several being worked on by maintenance staff at RTC on Thursday next to the retirement line. I'm suspecting a few could be out this week?

2 minutes ago, Jaymaud0804 said:

Why does TransLink even get back windows on their buses? 

I like back windows. Sometimes you need to see if a certain bus route is behind the bus you are on if you need to transfer. And they are a necessity on trolleys so that you can see the position of the ropes to tell if you made the switch or not.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jaymaud0804 said:

Why does TransLink even get back windows on their buses? 

Sometimes they are helpful for operators when reversing. Since buses aren't equipped with backup cameras (closest thing TransLink buses have to those would be the backup sensors on shuttles), the back window does help the operator a bit in seeing how far they are from a wall, bus, or other thing they don't want to reverse into.

7 minutes ago, Community Shuttle said:

Sometimes they are helpful for operators when reversing. Since buses aren't equipped with backup cameras (closest thing TransLink buses have to those would be the backup sensors on shuttles), the back window does help the operator a bit in seeing how far they are from a wall, bus, or other thing they don't want to reverse into.

For me the back window is useless when backing up and probably is for most.  We are taught to use our mirrors and it's easy to know where everything is after you've been driving for a while.

27 minutes ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

Well, It's out now, but will it run later in the day?

Most likely yes because if you go in it's assignment history on T-Comm you can see that it has served the blocked it served this morning on two other previous occasion and on both of those occasions it went back out latter in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

Most likely yes because if you go in it's assignment history on T-Comm you can see that it has served the blocked it served this morning on two other previous occasion and on both of those occasions it went back out latter in the afternoon. 

I connected the dots just before I saw this but thanks for the confirmation!