Sign in to follow this  
SMS

YUL Bus Charters - 2017 Activities

On July 12, 2017 at 8:58 PM, MTL66 said:

9419 has an interesting configuration. Perimeter seating all around the bus, it was modified for use as a Rapibus bus, but it never worked out. Only 2 buses were converted to this configuration.

On July 13, 2017 at 10:23 AM, SMS said:

Which was the other unit? Unfortunately, the wiki does not reflect this information.

On July 14, 2017 at 1:29 AM, MTL66 said:

If memory serves it was 9420. I know it was 2 units that followed each other in sequence. I'll look through my photos.

Yup, the two buses were 9419 and 9420 according to this post:

NEWS

The fan trip begins and ends as usual at Hull Garage (111 Jean-Proulx), Sunday 13 August 2017, leaving at 12:45 pm sharp and returning at 3:45 pm. I've asked for permission to park on the premises and board at the bus exit gate by the traffic light. Priority vehicle requested 9204 followed by 9117. I specified that I would like a MCI Classic with a functional and legible Luminator flip-dot destination sign. What we will not have this time is an all-white bus such as an ex-Calgary Transit unit or a Nova Classic. Cost is $30, exact bills requested if possible. Please indicate your attendance at the charter gmail address yulbuscharters (at) gmail [dot] com. I have also requested a yard visit at the end of the trip, and for maps and schedules to be distributed to the participants. All of this remains to be confirmed by STO. Optional dinner to follow at your own cost. Thank you for your continued support and please inform other interested parties! Carpooling is always an option!

• Like 3

Final call - we leave STO Hull garage at 1245 pm sharp. Our first photo stop is especially timed. Do not be late.

A big thank you to Mario and everyone involved for a thoroughly enjoyable charter!  The beautiful weather and well-planned itinerary resulted in a great collection of photos from the trip.  Very much looking forward to attending some future YUL charters. 

Jim D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAverageJoe said:

You did not go on your home town charter?

No I don't go on charters

Thanks to all who attended especially our friends from south of the border. Great bus, great driver, great company! We were initially not slated to get either MCI Classic due to repairs and maintenance, but the STO sure surprised us with 9117 and it's one-off white painted front (despite still being in the original colours). This time, we stayed west of the Gatineau River and took our group to parts of Hull and Aylmer that we have never visited before. Thanks for complying with our directives, because of this we hit up the vast majority of our photo stops, all respecting sun angles and appropriate destination sign exposures. I sincerely hope that the next charter will be longer and have greater attendance. The STO as usual treated us very well with lots of maps and schedules offered, and a brief yard visit at Hull Garage. Thanks also to our man at OC Transpo who offered us a side by side opportunity with his double decker. Cimon, we got it for Yiu!

For sure we will return to STO in 2018 and celebrate the opening of the light rail with a Classic (we hope)!

IMG_0306a.jpg

• Like 5

On 2017-08-16 at 10:51 AM, SMS said:

Thanks to all who attended especially our friends from south of the border. Great bus, great driver, great company! We were initially not slated to get either MCI Classic due to repairs and maintenance, but the STO sure surprised us with 9117 and it's one-off white painted front (despite still being in the original colours). This time, we stayed west of the Gatineau River and took our group to parts of Hull and Aylmer that we have never visited before. Thanks for complying with our directives, because of this we hit up the vast majority of our photo stops, all respecting sun angles and appropriate destination sign exposures. I sincerely hope that the next charter will be longer and have greater attendance. The STO as usual treated us very well with lots of maps and schedules offered, and a brief yard visit at Hull Garage. Thanks also to our man at OC Transpo who offered us a side by side opportunity with his double decker. Cimon, we got it for Yiu!

For sure we will return to STO in 2018 and celebrate the opening of the light rail with a Classic (we hope)!

IMG_0306a.jpg

That's not a one-off front, it's a two-off front!:lol: Or more if you count the ghost Classics! That's not the only Classic painted like that. 9216 has a front exactly like that, except with the old STO logo below the right headlight. It also has the stripes on the side. Any classic with a white front is in the ghost livery, except for these two classics AFAIK.

Thanks for the correction.

NEW SAVE THE DATE (and now with tons of advance notice!)

SATURDAY 9 DECEMBER: FAREWELL TO CORNWALL ORION V CHRISTMAS LIGHTS CHARTER

0360 will be requested in priority, if not of course the back up will be 0359, and the ultimate backup will be an Orion VI.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SMS said:

0360 will be requested in priority, if not of course the back up will be 0359, and the ultimate backup will be an Orion VI.

Now I have to re plan my NYC trip so I can work this in on my return trip 

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎23 at 9:04 PM, SMS said:

NEWS:

The charter will start on Saturday 9 December at 430p and will end at 830p, starting and ending at the garage (863 Second St W). There will be a coffee break halfway through the event. The cost will be fixed in the $30-$40 range, with the price to be determined at a later date, strictly based on turnout.

Since 0360 is retired, we will request 0359 Orion V in priority. Of course, if this is not available, we will ask for Orion VI 9887 (ex Mississauga 9810) with its one-off paint scheme. And failing that, there are the other two ex-Mississauga Transit units 9881-9882 (9837 and 9820 respectively). Now I am happy that I chartered 9880 (ex-Kingston Transit 9810) when I had the chance! Note that if we get 9887, that will mark two former units that were numbered 9810.

Optional meal at Cornwall BBQ Restaurant (at your own cost) at 230 pm. Address: 463 Second St W.

Please advise if you intend on joining us. yulbuscharters *at- gmail &dot% com

As usual, management reserves the right to restrict and refuse admission.

• Like 1

The division manager has approved our charter this week, so we are officially in business. Please send in your réservations to the email address listed above. Thank you for your interest and see you in Cornwall!

• Like 1