Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMS

YUL Bus Charters - 2017 Activities

9 posts in this topic

SAVE THE DATES

YUL BUS CHARTERS 2017 WEEKEND: Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 May 2017 see below

UITP CHARTER: Sunday 14 May 2017

BUS HISTORY ASSOCIATION PRE-CONVENTION CHARTER: Wednesday 7 June 2017 (SUBJECT TO APPROVAL)

All activities are TBD (to be determined) and as usual management reserves the right to restrict/refuse admission. Meaning that if you weren't welcome in the past, don't bother asking to come.

Posted (edited)

Due to the labour situation (pressure tactics) at STO, they cannot guarantee charters anymore so management has put bus rentals on hiatus until the issues between them and the bus drivers union is resolved. Since nobody can predict when the situation will be resolved, it is pointless trying to plan a charter around this. We were therefore forced to look for other opportunities.

We are due to visit Sherbrooke this year as we last visited in 2015 and before that 2013. They have advised me that only two of their 1997 Classic buses remain (47100 series) with retirement happening before our typical May weekend. As a result, we have decided to advance the timeline of our activity.

NEW SAVE THE DATE: Sunday 23 April 2017 in Sherbrooke QC. Details to follow.

Please note that in the event that both Classics are retired before this date, a (49100 series) 1999 Nova LFS will take its place. This will be our last opportunity to ride a Classic in the Eastern Townships and the odds are that we will be the last patrons aboard their last high floor buses before the buses are rendered out of service and decommissioned!

To be honest with everybody here, I am considering a Saturday night charter on 22 April in Longueuil QC with a first generation LFS (either 9-817 or 9-913), but I hesitate to offer it if there is little to no interest. We would offer photo stops with great lighting conditions and above all opt for abolished routes still somehow in the programming of the destination sign. 

Anyway as always, please indicate attendance and not just outright interest to the usual charter email yulbuscharters at gmail dot com. We thank you for your continual support.

Edited by SMS
RTL first gen charter postponed
2 people like this

I have yet to drive the charter routing, which will hopefully be done on or around 9 April. The aim will be to host the charter in the environs between noon and four pm. You will make your Megabus back to Toronto I guarantee it.

1 person likes this

NEWS:

The RTL first gen charter will be postponed until further notice. It will not take place as originally scheduled, however the idea is not dead and may resurface in the future.

I will drive the Sherbrooke charter routing within a week of this post, meaning that you can expect the final details for this charter by next Tuesday.

2 people like this

Final details have been e-mailed to charter participants. If you would like these informations, please contact me at the usual charter e-mail yulbuscharters at gmail dot com, thank you!

1 person likes this

Last call for anyone interested in joining us in Sherbroooke tomorrow. The weather is very promising and we have very good turnout. See everyone there!

1 person likes this

Here is the group picture featuring 1997 Nova Classic 47103 with new Macadam bus 1991 MCI Classic 42101 which we chartered in 2013! Thanks for attending guys! I hope that you all enjoyed the hard work that my vice-president kellergraham and I put into the charter, trying out a modified routing from 2015 and visiting other properties of interest. We had superb collaboration from the STS. Everyone at the garage was happy to have us and it is tempting to return to Sherbrooke, even if the Classics will no longer be in service.

The FHTCQ 15-140 charter is being planned in earnest. It is planned to coincide with the UITP conference in Montreal and shall be hosted in the afternoon of Sunday 14 May 2017. Interested parties should e-mail me directly at yulbuscharters at gmail dot com to reserve their spot. As usual, we will go rain or shine. With the help of MTL66 and our driver from 55-001 Dom, we are sure to have a great time.

IMG_7670a.jpg

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, SMS said:

Here is the group picture featuring 1997 Nova Classic 47103 with new Macadam bus 1991 MCI Classic 42101 which we chartered in 2013! Thanks for attending guys! I hope that you all enjoyed the hard work that my vice-president kellergraham and I put into the charter, trying out a modified routing from 2015 and visiting other properties of interest. We had superb collaboration from the STS. Everyone at the garage was happy to have us and it is tempting to return to Sherbrooke, even if the Classics will no longer be in service.

The FHTCQ 15-140 charter is being planned in earnest. It is planned to coincide with the UITP conference in Montreal and shall be hosted in the afternoon of Sunday 14 May 2017. Interested parties should e-mail me directly at yulbuscharters at gmail dot com to reserve their spot. As usual, we will go rain or shine. With the help of MTL66 and our driver from 55-001 Dom, we are sure to have a great time.

IMG_7670a.jpg

Another great YUL charter with the new chant made it fun and also the after party fun at the buffet.