2017 Garage Transfers and Storage Reactivations

Express691

16 minutes ago, Opal said:

I think BTC ran some 125 blocks for HTC last year too, but that was for a different reason.

That was due to a driver shortage at HTC. 61/125 and 62/125, both PM trippers. 

I have photos of 8006 doing the 125.

I had a hunch that they never appeared on Tcomm, because the deadhead was timed for a return and departure from HTC, not BTC.

3 hours ago, Opal said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that these buses were not transferred, but were instead operated out of VTC that one day because of a shortage in RTC.  [...] None of the mentioned vehicles have been seen since, and all were on RTC trippers whose routes were either entirely or almost entirely in Vancouver (480 and 32).

These are the ones I'm talking about above.  Likely the 32s are 401s as well, and I'm pretty sure most 480s are now too.

Nope. They were running out of RTC. They were on the RTC track sheets and both 7197 and 7407 were spotted in RTC that evening.

The 32s are on the 405 line group, not the 401. The 480 still has its own line group. Weekday 49s will be back on the 480 line group (as was the case before the 49s were moved back to VTC) starting the January sheet. Weekend 49s will remain on the 401 line group.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎07 at 5:06 PM, ThatBusGuy said:

Could be they planned to make 9670 a permanent change, but with West Van borrowing a few from VTC, they sent something back to cover for a bit.

On that note, 9683 joins 9671 and 2 in West Van.

9670 9671 & 9683 which went to West Van in Dec  show last in service on Dec 15th. Since Dec 15th they haven't shown up on Tcomm as being in service. Did these 3 get renumbered into the West Van fleet & that is the reason why they don't show up on CMBC possibly?

28 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

9670 9671 & 9683 which went to West Van in Dec  show last in service on Dec 15th. Since Dec 15th they haven't shown up on Tcomm as being in service. Did these 3 get renumbered into the West Van fleet & that is the reason why they don't show up on CMBC possibly?

I saw 9671 in service on a West Van route downtown last week, but it does not appear to have been on tcomm at the time. Not sure why it wouldn't be, though...

Even if they were renumbered, they would still show up on tcomm with the new numbers - just with an unknown bus model. It seems highly unlikely that they would be renumbered however, assuming these are just temporary loans while some of West Van's fleet is getting repaired.

34 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

I saw 9683 doing 258 sometime last week. 

3 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Weird why they are not showing up on T-Comm then?

Could be possible that the tmac might need to be programmed for WVT specifically and if it is a loaner they didn't want to reconfigure it.  Not sure if this would need to be done at all, but it's a possibility.

6 hours ago, dover5949 said:

I was on 9672 today and its still with a V

13 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

I was on 9672 today and its still with a V

Thanks Thomas & also my correction as 9670 is out of BTC as 9671 & 9672 are based out of West Van. Looks like the mystery could be solved as the assignment out of West Van might have something to do with it not showing up on Tcomm?