2017 Garage Transfers and Storage Reactivations

Express691

1 hour ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Image result for face palm gif

In that case you can always take your conversations to PM. 

So you're telling me that despite the fact we live in a free world (well I assume most of us), It's perfectly okay for the forum admins to say 'We wish to only post sightings in this thread, NO DISCUSSIONS as IT Is distracting'? Uh... I don't think so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, cleowin said:

So you're telling me that despite the fact we live in a free world (well I assume most of us), It's perfectly okay for the forum admins to say 'We wish to only post sightings in this thread, NO DISCUSSIONS as IT Is distracting'? Uh... I don't think so.

In short, yes.  The admins provide the hosting and tech support for this site, and as such do absolutely have the right to set rules and standards for use of the online space they provide free of charge.  Following such rules is not an impediment to any freedom; if you do not care for the rules you are free to make your own forum or blog or chat group.  I would strongly suggest you take a look at the Toronto section, where the first pinned thread is about posting etiquette.  In particular this point:

2. Posts and replies are to be well thought out and intelligent. We will also not tolerate one word posts or posts of inane 'chatter' on the board. Examples: LOL, , I saw it too, that's nice, etc.

Also, it is a very big stretch to go from people complaining about a one word reply to saying that there can be no discussion.  There is absolutely room for discussion, but it needs to be actual discussion providing new information, a different perspective, historical background or something that provides actual new content.  It is not short replies that involve people trying to pass off their reactions to news (in this case posting the word "ew" as a response to an observation) as something of substance.  The nature a board of this type is such that it is not an immediate back and forth conversation between people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

9 hours ago, Michael Marriott said:

In short, yes.  The admins provide the hosting and tech support for this site, and as such do absolutely have the right to set rules and standards for use of the online space they provide free of charge.  Following such rules is not an impediment to any freedom; if you do not care for the rules you are free to make your own forum or blog or chat group.  I would strongly suggest you take a look at the Toronto section, where the first pinned thread is about posting etiquette.  In particular this point:

2. Posts and replies are to be well thought out and intelligent. We will also not tolerate one word posts or posts of inane 'chatter' on the board. Examples: LOL, , I saw it too, that's nice, etc.

Also, it is a very big stretch to go from people complaining about a one word reply to saying that there can be no discussion.  There is absolutely room for discussion, but it needs to be actual discussion providing new information, a different perspective, historical background or something that provides actual new content.  It is not short replies that involve people trying to pass off their reactions to news (in this case posting the word "ew" as a response to an observation) as something of substance.  The nature a board of this type is such that it is not an immediate back and forth conversation between people.

Fair enough, just find there's a lot of 'policing' that goes around on here, but I get it. Rules are rules, anyways.

6 hours ago, Express691 said:

Permanently, probably not. And its definitely not the first ISL out of VTC. 7375-77 were apparently loaned in 2006-2007.

http://www.trans-continental.ca/vancouver/2000nfd40lf/#7377_84.jpg

I knew about the loaners during the trolley crisis, but I don't think the 2000s/2001s have ever been assigned to VTC before now. AIUI they went straight from Burnaby to the suburban garages.