2017 Garage Transfers and Storage Reactivations

Express691

13 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Seems like a lot of wasted resources sending stuff to BTC for 1 day!

BTC are spoiled brats when it comes to artics. They take whatever artics they feel like having, then they dispose of artics when they get tired of seeing certain artics. And BTC always seems to get more and more and more artics, despite the fact BTC is running short of garage space.

Speaking of BTC, they seem to love doing insanity of sending out an artic for a 48 hour block. 5:45am on the 25th to 5:30am on the 26th, then 5:45am on the 26th to 5:30am on the 27th.Then give the bus 3 hours to be refueled and cleaned, then back out on the road for another 19 hours! Surely the bus that's been out for 24 hours doesn't need to be sent out on the exact same 24 hour block again straight away? Is that a tcomm glitch or did BTC actually do that?

7 hours ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

BTC are spoiled brats when it comes to artics. They take whatever artics they feel like having, then they dispose of artics when they get tired of seeing certain artics. And BTC always seems to get more and more and more artics, despite the fact BTC is running short of garage space.

Or, BTC has the highest ridership routes that are the highest priority for artics (95/145 and 99), and if a couple were down for whatever reason, some were temporarily brought over from PTC, which really has no work requiring artics at the moment.  

So don't describe the internal operations of CMBC as a certain garage being "spoiled brats", it just makes you seem immature.

7 hours ago, Stormscape said:

Speaking of BTC, they seem to love doing insanity of sending out an artic for a 48 hour block. 5:45am on the 25th to 5:30am on the 26th, then 5:45am on the 26th to 5:30am on the 27th.Then give the bus 3 hours to be refueled and cleaned, then back out on the road for another 19 hours! Surely the bus that's been out for 24 hours doesn't need to be sent out on the exact same 24 hour block again straight away? Is that a tcomm glitch or did BTC actually do that?

That's a glitch, it's happens sometimes for some of the late night bus work that's still out for the start of the next service day.  If the block starts really early, and the bus is still out TComm will think the bus is on now on the new day block.  In this case, the bus is out of service at Surrey Central at 5:30, and needs to start at SFU at 5:45.  There is no way the bus was able to get from Surrey Central to BTC, fuel up, and then get up to SFU in 15 minutes.

• Like 12

59 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Had train 009 hit the emergency brakes for some reason at Columbia OB. Closest Attendant was at Scott. Took <5 mins. to resolve. Later, the train just opened doors at station without moving (was already in a position to do so). Platform signs failed to tell where it was going though. On our way to Production now.

Wrong thread?

Now, is this more hangover from the whole C40LFR problems? Or is this something more permanent?

Honestly, I'd expect to see Vancouver TC getting a few more artics and giving up some of its 40-footers, and then sending the #22 to Hamilton to free up room for expanded service on the other routes it's keeping. I mean, Vancouver/UBC is the area with the worst overcrowding, and both Vancouver and Burnaby TCs are at/beyond their capacity limits, so something needs to move somewhere. The #22 to Hamilton seems the most logical, barring the miraculous appearance of a new heavy-bus garage on the North Shore. :P

3 hours ago, cleowin said:

What would the 22 line up with specifically? I would prefer the 25 being a HTC route, and create a 123/25 line group with that, since both routes serve brentwood. Just my 2 cents.

For deadhead, HTC would be decent or at the very least ideal if VTC needs the space for other routes.  The 25 could be interlined with the 123 and the 134/136 as well if need be, something like 101 136 134 25 136 101.  The 22 would have to be on its own and the Knight terminus isn't ideal for operators to/from HTC, but it could work.  It's the amount of travel time required, not so much the inconvenience.  Brentwood would definitely be to far to go for a relief point.

But the #25 is one of the routes that would benefit from artics, so does it really make sense for it to be interlined with all the lower-traffic routes in Burnaby? If anything, move more Burnaby TC work to Hamilton and then send the #25 or #84 to Burnaby.

(I'm getting sick of all the gymnastics needed to do without a garage on the North Shore!)

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

7276 spotted at the BO line at HTC

I spotted 7276 abandoned in a snow bank off river road monday afternoon, with 4 way flashers on.  It did 640s that morning.

...And I spotted it again tuesday morning. The snow bank got larger.

...And again tuesday evening. 4 way flashers still going strong.

But it was gone this morning. I guess that's where it went.