Jump to content

Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County (Reno)


Recommended Posts

(FTA) has announced the award of approximately $39 million in federal grant funds for construction of the 4th Street/Prater Way Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Project, which will utilize four electric buses for transportation between Reno and Sparks, Nev.

Source: http://ngtnews.com/fta-hands-over-39m-in-federal-funding-for-electric-transit-project

RTC Reno already has 4 Proterra electric buses (1st generation Proterras) which were unveiled in April 2014. Those charge at the downtown transit center in Reno.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2016 at 7:34 PM, Swadian said:

Recently spotted RTC using NovaBus RTS buses for driving training out here in Reno.

Thanks! I hope you continue to add to this thread with updates about what is going on with the RTC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MAX BRT said:

Do you ever ride the Proterra electric buses? Do you see them around?

No, I have never ridden them in Reno and cannot remember seeing one, though I must have in the past. Then again, I don't go to the Downtown Transit Center often.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, that was the free bus before they started charging for it!

Well, I don't really use transit here so I don't really know. The transit here is really, really slow. We in Reno call RTC "the big slow bus". Many of the longer routes run empty and I've never seen SRO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Swadian said:

Oh, that was the free bus before they started charging for it!

Well, I don't really use transit here so I don't really know. The transit here is really, really slow. We in Reno call RTC "the big slow bus". Many of the longer routes run empty and I've never seen SRO.

Hmmm, sounds familiar to lot of places in the US where transit is an after thought. Let's hope the new 4th/Prater BRT project helps to start to change that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MAX BRT said:

Hmmm, sounds familiar to lot of places in the US where transit is an after thought. Let's hope the new 4th/Prater BRT project helps to start to change that.

I doubt it. Honestly, I'd rather RTC disband. Reno is not suitable for transit development. There is not enough population density to support even hourly bus services in residential areas. Routes are a circuitous joke. The money could be used to get the Downtown homeless off the streets. Homeless and crime are huge problems in Reno. We saw the mayor a few months ago and she said crime is going through the roof.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Swadian said:

I doubt it. Honestly, I'd rather RTC disband. Reno is not suitable for transit development. There is not enough population density to support even hourly bus services in residential areas. Routes are a circuitous joke. The money could be used to get the Downtown homeless off the streets. Homeless and crime are huge problems in Reno. We saw the mayor a few months ago and she said crime is going through the roof.

Then I'm glad to see that the new rapid line will be a straight shot between two downtowns, Reno and Sparks.

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2017/01/20/major-reconstruction-fourth-street-starts-monday/96856538/

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MAX BRT said:

Then I'm glad to see that the new rapid line will be a straight shot between two downtowns, Reno and Sparks.

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2017/01/20/major-reconstruction-fourth-street-starts-monday/96856538/

We already have such a route, it just isn't a BRT route. We still need to get rid of the redundant routes to outlying residential areas. We have to cut routes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Reno, Nev. Transit System Expands Services to Deal with Burgeoning Growth

"the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County (RTC) has a host of new projects in the works as it deals with population growth and continues to recover from the Great Recession."

http://www.metro-magazine.com/management-operations/news/722315/rtc-of-washoe-county-expands-services-to-deal-with-burgeoning-growth

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MAX BRT said:

Reno, Nev. Transit System Expands Services to Deal with Burgeoning Growth

"the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County (RTC) has a host of new projects in the works as it deals with population growth and continues to recover from the Great Recession."

http://www.metro-magazine.com/management-operations/news/722315/rtc-of-washoe-county-expands-services-to-deal-with-burgeoning-growth

Good to see them recover from those huge cuts of the big recession crash

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Regional_Transportation_Commission_of_Washoe_County_503-504

Hello all, if any moderators watch this thread, I would like to inform you all that a family operated fish and chip place in Lexington washington has purchased coach 504 from that auction above for $3200 USD and is looking to convert it into a food bus. I actually drove past the place and the bus was there, and I looked up kerbys fish and chips and they have a bideo of it!

https://www.facebook.com/KerbysMobileFishSales/videos/1726229330865188/UzpfSTExNDY4NjMyNjkwMDg1ODozMDY0NTYxMjEwNTcyMTA/

 

Edit: Hes selling the bike rack. the sportworks Apex 3 for $650 USD, and apparently he has questions about the AC and stuff, and he was also selling some of the seats, which was cool.

https://www.facebook.com/KerbysMobileFishSales/videos/452003172560326/

@Detroit Diesel 6V92TA @Atomic Taco

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 5:52 PM, Kennys bus drawings said:

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Regional_Transportation_Commission_of_Washoe_County_503-504

Hello all, if any moderators watch this thread, I would like to inform you all that a family operated fish and chip place in Lexington washington has purchased coach 504 from that auction above for $3200 USD and is looking to convert it into a food bus. I actually drove past the place and the bus was there, and I looked up kerbys fish and chips and they have a bideo of it!

https://www.facebook.com/KerbysMobileFishSales/videos/1726229330865188/UzpfSTExNDY4NjMyNjkwMDg1ODozMDY0NTYxMjEwNTcyMTA/

 

Edit: Hes selling the bike rack. the sportworks Apex 3 for $650 USD, and apparently he has questions about the AC and stuff, and he was also selling some of the seats, which was cool.

https://www.facebook.com/KerbysMobileFishSales/videos/452003172560326/

@Detroit Diesel 6V92TA @Atomic Taco

Thanks! This is great info. I just wrote it down now: https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Regional_Transportation_Commission_of_Washoe_County_503-504

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...