Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 1:49 PM, downbeat said:

Hmm, Line 461 doesn't appear in the RTL's published list of additional services starting tomorrow, nor are schedules for the line visible on their website. Has something changed in the last couple of weeks?

https://rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/avis-a-la-clientele/2021/modifications-de-service-des-le-1er-novembre/

The terminals are not yet ready (neither are the bus lanes) so the unveiling of the 461 has been put off indefinitely. Drivers who signed this work are forced to sit spare in the break room at GALO and may be sent out based on seniority.

At the same time, service has been beefed up on the 61, and the return of rush hour route 9 on a 30 minute headway was implemented as of 1 November 2021 instead of 3 January 2022.

Speaking of January 2022, I do have some spoilers of what is to come (major changes only).

• Return of route 9 (already taken place)
  • Route 22 extended to stationnement de Mortagne
  • Route 35 to receive 15 min headway instead of 30 during AM and PM rush. Don't forget that route 135 is not likely to return.
  • Return of route 37 during rush hours operating every 30 mins and will load at Panama at platform 17 (routes 13 and 526)
  • Routes 41 and 43 will see a service increase of every half hour at rush hours, therefore combined average of 15 mins.
  • Route 50 will see a service increase of every 30 mins during rush hours
  • Route 77 will see service increases at rush hours (not specified)
  • Return of route 82 with half hourly service during rush hours
  • Route 99: increased service during AM rush only
  • Return of route 199 wth 2 morning trippers and 3 pm trippers
  • Return of SkiBus 299, with stops added.
  • 534 Centennial extended to Place Java (I really don't know why, this is an industrial park. Maybe trips will be interlined with the 35)
  • 607 Agora will have an additional departure in the PM
  • 613 Colleges will be extended to Tiffin and Patenaude
  • 640 Antoine-Brossard, 1 extra trip in PM. Same for 656 and 664
  • 660 Antoine-Brossard will have 1 extra trip in AM and PM. Same as 670. Seems to be the covid extras given out in OT are becoming permanent additions in the crews.
  • Minor changes for 675, 676, 678 Jacques-Rousseau.
  • 695 Lucille-Teasdale will have 1 extra trip in AM and PM.

PS I managed to download a 461 schedule before it was taken down, so if anyone is interested, maybe I can upload it here for your viewing pleasure.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody, bit of breaking news... 461 kicks in on Monday 13 December 2021. I expect the website to be updated momentarily. At the time of typing, there is no news release or schedule available online.

Please note that the RTL platforms at Radisson for routes 61 and 461 will move to the new terminal on rue du Trianon north of rue Faradon beside Place Versailles.

The reserved lane on A20 is only open partially westbound, still nothing eastbound, and the RTL expects to open segments once they become available...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The following buses (aside from 21054) are retired behind gash:

2-0015

2-0201, 202, 204, 205, 206, 208, 209, 211, 213, 214, 217, 218, 219, 220, 224, 228, 229, 231, 232, 233, 235, 236, 237, 238, 240, 241

20301, 302, 307, 308, 311, 316, 319, 320

20403, 404, 405, 407, 408, 410, 411, 412, 413, 415, 416, 417, 418

TOTAL: 48 vehicles

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Route 201 (electric) will see some changes starting May 9. The route will be much shorter removing service in some areas of Saint-Lambert. However, service will now be every 40 minutes instead of every hour. Route is still operating mid-day monday to friday

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Minor service changes upcoming for the summer booking effective 27 June 2022:

128 will pass via John Molson Street, however this has been in effect since 14 March

201 as mentioned above has been modified with additional departures (at the cost of less break) since 9 May

Seasonal route 298 returns with additional stops offered between Metro Longueuil and St Bruno de Montarville

428 claims to be a new route but has been in effect since at least 2 May, will operate 7 days a week between Metro Longueuil and St Hubert airport industrial parks via Route 116.

Finally, a new shuttle 781 operating 7 days a week in Boucherville between Terminus de Montarville and Quai Yvon-Julien.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 7:58 AM, SMS said:

428 claims to be a new route but has been in effect since at least 2 May, will operate 7 days a week between Metro Longueuil and St Hubert airport industrial parks via Route 116.

And here's (finally!) an official announcement about that "new" route, en français:

https://rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/avis-a-la-clientele/2022/nouvelle-ligne-428-zone-aeroportuaire-de-longueuil/

• Thanks 1

Relating to above, the introduction of route 428 has meant the removal of the internally numbered 210 Amazon - Terminus Longueuil shuttle for employees only. Also, the 428 schedule is with the 128; the 28 has its own pdf schedule now.

Spoiler alert for service changes effective 22 August 2022, here are the most important modifications:

• 29, 76, and 88 become accessible routes
  • Routes 31, 46, and 120 return with modifications (see PDF attachments). Routes 31 and 46 will not return to TCV and the routes are transferred from galo to gash. 31 will operate all day whereas 46 is scheduled to operate am rush, midday, and pm rush. Route 120 will remain at galo, with a simplified direct routing during rush hours only to the industrial parks and ultimately ending at Stationnement de Mortagne. Note that these changes are in line with the new network that the RTL proposed on their website as a result of the REM.
  • 45 will actually see service increases in morning and afternoon weekday rush hours (there does not appear to be any other extra service to TCV on any other [existing] bus routes)
  • Seasonal route 298 will not be in service come the fall
  • 605 Agora and 660 & 670 Antoine-Brossard transferred from gash to galo

While this may seem very good, there is no return to pre-covid midday schedules. Routes like 29, 44, 49, 74, 75 continue to operate hourly.

Lig_31.pdf Lig_46.pdf Lig_120.pdf

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday RTL went live with the fall booking. The stops at Panama during AM rush did not indicate where the 31 and 46 actually stop. This was resolved by the pm. Also, there are mistakes with the 31 and 46 pdf schedules, I will let you good people figure it out for yourselves. It is very embarassing how half assed the management of this company has become. On Sunday, the PDFs weren't even uploaded to the website. I really don't know what's going on.

https://www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/CMS/Media/7764_189_fr-CA_0_horaire_31_20220822.pdf

https://www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/CMS/Media/7766_189_fr-CA_0_horaire_46_20220822.pdf

For those interested in logistics, a big switch will take place today at the St-Hubert site. Roof work is being done above Garage 1 aka Garage Grande-Allée so in order to reduce the number of buses in this building, only artics and series 2018 through 2021 will be parked here, whereas series 2005 through 2017 will be parked in Garage 2 aka satellite. It has been years since 2nd gens have been regularly parked in the satellite. It will be weird to have all buses on weekends come out of Garage 1, something I have never seen in all my time here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Service changes effective 2 January 2023, considering the REM will not be open before Spring 2023, only the most significant points will be listed below:

• Route 30 to be transferred from galo to gash
  • Routes 31, 38, 60, and 160 to become universally accessible
  • Route 45 service increase until REM opens
  • Route 82 service increase
  • Route 120 service increase
  • Route 125 service increase
  • Route 161 service increase
  • Route 299 SkiBus returns for the winter booking
  • Route 690 Antoine-Brossard to be transferred from gash to galo

REM scenario (assumes REM is entirely operational without any parallel bus service on the Champlain Bridge):

• List of abolished routes: 2, 35, 39, 45, 90, 106, 115, 121, 135, 142, 144, 150, 177, T18, T19, T23, T90, T94
  • List of routes no longer going to TCV: 5, 15, 42, 44, 47, 60
  • Route modifications briefly summarized: 1 via Lemoyne, 4 to Station Brossard, 14 to Station Brossard, 21 to Place Java, 28 ends at ENA, 30 within P-V, 32 to Station Brossard, 38 (pretty much a merger of routes 32 and 39) between Station Panama and Station Brossard, 41/43 minor modifications, 47 to Station Brossard from RST sectors via ch des Prairies, 50 via Bienville (where the 150 used to run), 60 weekdays only, 77 to serve Station Panama in both directions and runs 7 days a week, 99 no longer serves Promenades weekdays in the peak direction, 132 to Station Brossard, 160 new route to run 7 days a week - this is an extended route 60 via Promenades to St Bruno city centre, 192 to Station Brossard, 421 EXPRESS new route which is a rebranded 121 except will operate on Taschereau between Marie and Auguste.

As you can see, most of these were alluded to on the consultationrtl.ca website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

The RTL has started installing new OPUS readers. I saw one on 22102 today.

They are a bit of a step down in terms of responsiveness, but I think once other forms of contactless payment are enabled, it will be good for the people who struggle to find the right amount of change, or try paying with banknotes... or STM tickets.

The first bus I drove the VPE-430 with was C20901. 2024 is the objective for us to accept payment by bank card, whatever that means.

Actually here is a press release in French on this very topic:

https://www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/avis-a-la-clientele/2022/de-nouveaux-valideurs-arrivent-dans-les-autobus-du-rtl/

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 7:50 PM, SMS said:

REM scenario (assumes REM is entirely operational without any parallel bus service on the Champlain Bridge):

• List of abolished routes: 2, 35, 39, 45, 90, 106, 115, 121, 135, 142, 144, 150, 177, T18, T19, T23, T90, T94
  • List of routes no longer going to TCV: 5, 15, 42, 44, 47, 60

The RTL says it will put up temporary signage at affected bus stops no later than one month prior to the REM's opening to further advise riders of the route changes/deletions, according to this press release:
https://rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/avis-a-la-clientele/2022/rem-et-reseau-renouvele-du-rtl/

Here's an example from RTL's website:

REM%202022%20tableau%20avis%20client.png

I'm not sure I like the graphic design of this sign, in that it's not immediately obvious what they are trying to convey even if you can read French. The updated pictograms for the destinations also threw me off briefly.

Maybe they chose a really bad example, with only a route deletion and no route diversions to a new terminal stop on this sign.

Or maybe, because I've lived through several rounds of route redesigns in Calgary, I've gotten accustomed to that transit system's ways of doing things?

What do you guys think?

They started putting up these signs nearly a month ago. I think they are one of the more readable RTL signs out there, better than the text-heavy ones for construction and seasonal service reductions, but I don't see how those could be improved either.

Some other bus stop signs where there are no routing (or destination) changes were also updated with the new pictograms.

However, I think they should have just put the new (non-temporary) signs up for the 59 stops already, instead of warning people of a change that has already happened (destination from TCV to Panama, though electronic signs also still say TCV).

• Like 1

Still better than anything the STM could come up with: hand-written pieces of paper with a sharpie, for the most part. Actually, the amount of mistakes on the new signages for the SRB Pie-IX is horrendous: stops with 7 days service saying "LUN à VEN" instead, night bus icon on the 439, etc. The former "Best APTA agency of 2010" is growing more and more incompetent. So what do we know about what happens after (if ever) the REM opens? Zero information to the general public. In fact they didn't even finish the consultation phase yet, though the results probably won't be considered anyway.

Back to topic, I think all that's lacking is a set of arrows: if they point from the picture on the left to that on the right, it may be more obvious as to what's coming. The more graphics (less text) the better.

• Like 1

RTL's general manager is suggesting the transit service is looking to develop a night service! (En français.)

Michel Veilleux promet aussi de développer un « réseau de nuit », ce que le RTL n’a jamais vraiment eu jusqu’ici, « pour prendre la relève du REM et du métro durant la nuit, en créant aussi une ossature sur l’agglomération ». « On l’a vu durant la pandémie : il y a des hôpitaux et plusieurs autres sites qui voulaient du service. On va leur offrir », a-t-il promis.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/grand-montreal/2022-11-08/rem-sur-la-rive-sud/le-rtl-s-apprete-a-rebrasser-entierement-son-offre.php

• Like 2

There is a proposed map of night services in the main presentation on the consultationrtl.ca site: https://www.consultationrtl.ca/22152/widgets/90158/documents/59501

And for comparison purposes, here is the schedule for the first and only STRSM night service from January 1 2000: http://web.archive.org/web/20000607133726/http://www.strsm.qc.ca/chroniques/99-12.html

I like the second one better in terms of coverage, but it may be overkill in reality. I'm not sure if the demand is there for night buses in lower-density areas, but then I see there are a few routes that go quite deep into the West Island... so an hourly overnight bus in Boucherville might have a fighting chance!

• Like 1