tristan

Réseau de transport de Longueuil

Sorry for the late reply, the remaining Van Hools are on the 45 exclusively. As for ZF novas, I'm sorry to tell you that nothing lower than a 2010 Nova would be on the road on weekends unless you are extremely lucky.

In other news... SCOOP! New accessible routes at RTL coming 19 August 2019

•  3 Montgomery (7 days)
  •  10 Roland-Therrien (weekends)
  •  17 Roland-Therrien (weekends)
  •  21 Grande Allée (7 days)
  •  39 DIX30 (7 days)
  •  41 and 43 de Rome / Milan (Brossard Circulator is my own name for it) (7 Days)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was there any buses catching on fire near Terminus Panama next to the highway? I heard there was but I can’t find any news about it 

21054 has a thermal incident just before the Pledre reserved lane. It is now out of service and decommissioned, sadly kept out of sight beside garage 2 at gash.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/7/2019 at 9:20 PM, SMS said:

21054 has a thermal incident just before the Pledre reserved lane. It is now out of service and decommissioned, sadly kept out of sight beside garage 2 at gash.

When you use the term decommissioned, is it a technical term for retired or not runnable until it can be fixed

4 hours ago, Transitfan39 said:

When you use the term decommissioned, is it a technical term for retired or not runnable until it can be fixed

Judging by the photo I saw, I highly doubt this bus will be back. What @SMS means as thermal incident = engine fire

Chrono and fare box removed. It is a total loss. They will not be fixing it or necessarily replacing it (no need for more artics because of the REM). There are hopes that 20603 can return from retirement to make up for this loss, but I remain skeptical. There is no driver error here this time. Shop talk says there was a loose hose in the back which was the catalyst for the aforementioned thermal incident. It was a good thing that there were no casualties. This could have easily gone the other way.

• Thanks 1

I just saw the 20603 on a towing on highway 20 east near Drummondville around noon... I don't think it will go back in service!

• Thanks 1

Correct, it is finally off property. Best bet is that it is going to Racine's yard to die. RIP

5 hours ago, SMS said:

Correct, it is finally off property. Best bet is that it is going to Racine's yard to die. RIP

I don’t usually post around here, but I was on a little road trip to Charlevoix and saw 2-0009 and 9-922 being towed by Jean Racine Presseur trucks towards St-Tite-des-Caps. So they are dead. Both had signs in their windshields that said “Booster arrière non fonctionnel” (Rear booster broken)

Is RTL getting new buses this year? 219XX don't technically count because they are 2018 models. Does this mean the 220XX will be 2019 models also?

On 9/18/2019 at 5:39 PM, STO_1601 said:

Is RTL getting new buses this year? 219XX don't technically count because they are 2018 models. Does this mean the 220XX will be 2019 models also?

The 2020 HEV order is split: we are expecting 25 buses before end of year and 15 buses next year. The electric buses should arrive in March 2020. At a union meeting yesterday, I learned that 40 new buses are expected in the future order. If I have more news I will write it here. I can tell you that we are hiring actively... there is currently a training group of 11 persons and a new training class begins in November. In 2020, the RTL expects to hire 70 new drivers! Also more parking space will be needed at GALO for more buses and both garages (admittedly the majority being GALO) will have service increases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2