Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

The route numbers with an X were removed a while back

Previously, by adding 1000 to the route number, the X would display (ex route 1068 would display 68X Pierrefonds)

Now, to indicate a short version of a route we must use a new public message X (ligne court) with the regular route

ex route 68 + p/r 22 giving 68 Pierrefonds, X (ligne courte) on two screens. The problem is that on the small side and rear displays (buses older than 30-000s), there is no X mention

I wonder if the 2004 and older dest signs are tall enough to accommodate the logo properly

This is the difference between STM and the others. STM has always preferred X but we would have a different route number altogeher. Examples:

6 is a short turn of the 106

115 is a short turn of the 15

120 is a short turn of the 20

The weekend 28 that short turns at the marché public is not even internally coded as a different route but we punch it in with a suffix as if it were. I guess that we do not give our customers enough credit if we suspect that they cannot tell the difference between the regular weekday 28 and the weekend 28A.

• 2 weeks later...

For those keeping track of bus transfers between garages, all 205XX series buses have been assigned to Longueuil division now. In xchange, Longueuil has given its garbage to St Hubert division which is all the 203XX series and the first 10 in the 202XX series and 204XX series.

For those keeping track of bus transfers between garages, all 205XX series buses have been assigned to Longueuil division now. In xchange, Longueuil has given its garbage to St Hubert division which is all the 203XX series and the first 10 in the 202XX series and 204XX series.

Good news for you guys (St-Hubert really got shafted on that trade!)

I probably will not work out of Saint-Hubert until all of that rotten garbage (2004 and less) are retired and scrapped!

In other news, there is a music festival in Old Longueuil shortly and the RTL is offering free shuttles! Here is the schedule

http://www.percussio...re-des-navettes

Looks like that all white ex-STRSM fishbowl will once again make an appearance as usual for the festival in Vieux-Longueuil.

Good news for you guys (St-Hubert really got shafted on that trade!)

Yes and I'm loving it! I get to drive a 2005 almost everyday now! These things are rockets on wheels!!

I already started to get bored of 205xx series ! :( , and now 207xx series are in service off-peak.

The 07 series are the exact samething as the 05's. So the drivers win in a sense as well at St Hubert since the 07's never saw service off peak until now. The crap we gave them mostly will fall into garage 1 at St Hub for peak only replacing the 07's. I did notice that a big majority of 03's are for off peak service at St hub in garage 2.

I probably will not work out of Saint-Hubert until all of that rotten garbage (2004 and less) are retired and scrapped!

Glad you see that its GALO 4 Life! :)

• 5 weeks later...
The 2011-2012 PDF plan de réseau is now up: http://www.rtl-longu...ages/reseau.pdf

Sadly, paper versions are not yet available.

Just tried to get a paper copy of the RTL map and was told they were "sold out". <_< This was at both Terminus Longueuil and at the RTL HQ on Marie-Victorin. Will the RTL mail a copy to Ontario if I request one, or would someone be willing to send me a copy?

UPCOMING RTL SERVICE CHANGES effective 20 August 2012

During the morning rush hour, short trips will begin at Chemin de Chambly and Jacques-Cartier for Route 8 instead of Chemin de Chambly at Roussin.

Route 10 will feature two new short trips beginning at Roland-Therrien and Jacques-Cartier during the morning rush hour.

Route 16 is extended to Adoncour.

Metrobound Route 29 is modified to use Thurber Street instead of Chemin de Chambly, bypassing one traffic light. This is a proposal I made in the hopes of better serving the neighbourhood.

Route 92 will now serve the Canadian Space Agency.

During the afternoon rush hour, there is a much needed metrobound short trip beginning at du Tremblay at Nobel for route 123.

Slight modification for metrobound route 185 in terms of which on ramp will be used during the afterniing rush hour.

Route 328 (Métro Longueuil to École aérotechnique) will be abolished in favour of new Route 128 and will serve the Canadian Space Agency as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The bona fide 2012s (build date June 2012) are the exact same as the units 21202-21224 (build date November 2011), still with the stiff suspension and a very slow front door. I drove 21226 for the first time today, which will most likely be the last time that I go out of my way to request a new bus in this series!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last night an RTL bus struck and killed a pedestrian crossing the street at Lafayette and St Charles. The bus involved was 20817. My condolences to the girls family and to the bus driver involved, I hope she can recover from this tragic event.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/woman-struck-and-killed-by-longueuil-transit-bus-1.1018191

An amendment to the above, the pedestrian that was hit is still alive but in hospital and in critical condition.

This weekend, the 61 will exceptionally be diverted to Terminus Longueuil because the La Fontaine tunnel is closed direction Montreal.

I don't think that anything interlining with the 55 from GALO sees Metro Longueuil.

GASH could in theory send the odd Classic to the metro. When I drove the 77, some lucky driver always had a 9-500 on the 21.

In other news, 21232 was being prepped for service this afternoon in Garage Longueuil by the mechanics.

Bad afternoon rush at RTL... dead bus on Mansfield on approach to TCV... dead bus at the platform for routes 44/144... on top of it all, collision at Panama/Pelletier forcing all buses wanting to get to Panama to detour via Rome!!! Hey Robert, is the front of 20116 the same as 2-0101?

Bad afternoon rush at RTL... dead bus on Mansfield on approach to TCV... dead bus at the platform for routes 44/144... on top of it all, collision at Panama/Pelletier forcing all buses wanting to get to Panama to detour via Rome!!! Hey Robert, is the front of 20116 the same as 2-0101?

Btw the Iveco demo gone yet?!