Jump to content
tristan

Réseau de transport de Longueuil

Recommended Posts

On 10/11/2018 at 2:23 AM, MTL66 said:

But with the REM, the 747 will be replaced with the REM. I doubt that the non-competition clause will be put into affect, it will be challanged in court.

The "non concurence" clause said no Airport to Downtown or Airport to Lionel-Groulx service

If i would be the STM, simply change the 747 terminal to Angrignon station and call it a day (and with the hell Turcot is, i don't understand why it's not already the case except the fact that Angrignon dosen't have elevator (yet))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 11:24 PM, eclair14 said:

The "non concurence" clause said no Airport to Downtown or Airport to Lionel-Groulx service

If i would be the STM, simply change the 747 terminal to Angrignon station and call it a day (and with the hell Turcot is, i don't understand why it's not already the case except the fact that Angrignon dosen't have elevator (yet))

At worst, there is always the el cheapo method of 204/209 to 211 or any express bus from Gare Dorval to Groulx stn. There should also be no changes to the night bus system (354) considering that the garbage train (REM) should not be operating overnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, webfil said:

I thought we were done with these rear-boarding handi ramps... 🙄

This is just the demo, the same unit that was at Trans-Expo in Toronto

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MTL66 said:

This is just the demo, the same unit that was at Trans-Expo in Toronto

Indeed. New models are equipped with a front-door flatlander ramp, as per the spec sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RTL slated to receive 5 of these BYD buses, to be based out of Longueuil bus garage. No idea of routes yet but let's hope not to see them on heavy 8 or 73 for instance.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read on metrodemontreal.com (french transit forum) that the new RTL 219XXs have the new driver's window and frameless windows (like STM & RTC).

Can anyone confirm this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 5:36 PM, STO_1601 said:

I read on metrodemontreal.com (french transit forum) that the new RTL 219XXs have the new driver's window and frameless windows (like STM & RTC).

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, with very minor interior changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned in Today's Sightings, yesterday was the first day the 219XX went in service for the public on routes out of GASH division. 21901, 21902, and 21912 were personally spotted by me. These buses were pressed in to service to allay the cancellation fest that has also been plaguing us. In our 2019 series buses with 2018 VINs, for the moment there are no opus readers, fare boxes, GPS, or radios. So if you are frugal with your cash, hop on one of our buses ASAP. Our general manager said that these are expansion buses, so perhaps there is hope that our 2-00XX series buses live a little longer but time will tell...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×