Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

I don't believe it.

I'm sure the RTL won't let them get away with this.

Just like how they wanted to take over the 505, this is one of those times where the AMT needs to mind their own business, and needs a good slap in the face.

What makes this route so special, and different than other RTL services?

I don't see this as too smart an idea if the RTL will still be running the 90 Chevrier line. It could stand to reason if BOTH the 90 and the 145 were given over to another operator, however the RTL is the logical choice for these routes. :D

I see this happening: the AMT wants to set up a BRT line with VIVA style bus interiors and A/C to showcase what could be done if an LRT was in place. Since the RTL is very unlikely to purchase such busses, they are throwing it to a private operator. Who wants to bet they will require a Zone 3 instead of an RTL local pass? :P

I don't see this as too smart an idea if the RTL will still be running the 90 Chevrier line. It could stand to reason if BOTH the 90 and the 145 were given over to another operator, however the RTL is the logical choice for these routes. :D

I see this happening: the AMT wants to set up a BRT line with VIVA style bus interiors and A/C to showcase what could be done if an LRT was in place. Since the RTL is very unlikely to purchase such busses, they are throwing it to a private operator. Who wants to bet they will require a Zone 3 instead of an RTL local pass? :P

If they require a TRAM-3, the line will be an instant failure!

Intriguing theory for the BRT.

Although if you read the AMT report, they say that BRT is just as bad an option as the current reserved lane, and will solve absolutely nothing.

And if they do get away with this and purchase LFS for this route, which seems the most logical in any case, it will be even more ridiculous.

Even the route number 145, is coupled with it's "zippier" and "limited stop" compatriot 45!!!

Oh and Matt on a side note, the 902 is no longer AMT since the beginning of this year.

I myself am indifferent about who provides the service, so long as people are served, and served properly. I agree that it's too bad RTL did not/could not get the contract, but don't forget that contracts are provisional and the RTL can pick it up in the future if they want it so badly. However, with the obvious and evident problems seen with regards to the AG300 model and timely maintenance, resulting in shortages of articulateds, and running routes 45 and AMT 90 with standard buses, I have a feeling that the AMT did not want such a gaffe to repeat (although I'm somewhat certain that the 145 was to be serviced with standard buses) and chose someone else. Curious that Veolia didn't get it though, I would have bet on them... they're the powerhouse on the South Shore ahead of La Québécoise and Limocar.

• 5 months later...

http://rtl-longueuil.ca/communique/com_2008/p081219.htm

Plan d’amélioration des services

Aux augmentations de services, mises en place en 2007 et en 2008, d’autres sont prévues en 2009. Au total, le RTL prévoit investir près de 940 000$ en nouveaux services qui se traduisent par un ajout de 19 400 heures de service sur une base annuelle. Un exemple: le Réseau prévoit créer la nouvelle ligne 25 qui assurera la desserte express des parcs industriels du Vieux-Longueuil et de Boucherville à proximité de l’autoroute 20. Ces parcs sont en croissance depuis plusieurs années et on y comptait près de 40 000 employés en 2007.

La contribution de l’agglomération de Longueuil, reliée aux améliorations de services de 2009, sera de 282 000$ (30%) alors que les clients-usagers assumeront 188 000$ (20%). Le gouvernement du Québec défraiera 50% de la facture, soit 470 000$.

Programme triennal des immobilisations 2009-2010-2011

Le PTI 2009-2010-2011 totalise 74,6 M$ d’investissements; il prévoit:

* l’achat de 95 autobus à plancher surbaissé (86 conventionnels et 9 articulés) au montant total de 49,1 M$;

* la fin du projet d’agrandissement du centre d’exploitation du Vieux-Longueuil visant à augmenter les aires de remisage des véhicules pour 20 M$ et dont 18,2 M$ seront déboursés en 2009;

* la poursuite du projet d’acquisition du système de vente et de perception (carte à puce) pour 4,2 M$;

* et divers nouveaux projets pour 3,1 M$.

New route 25 should starts Monday August 24, 2009. Also many Saint-Bruno routes will have significant changes when RTL will take over on April 6, 2009. The changes should be announced soon. I'll let you know when I will have more information.

Does this mean service INCREASES or more like itinerary changes?

• 1 month later...

After years of waiting, RTL buses will start to service Saint-Bruno de Montarville on April 6, 2009. This will be done with a few changes to the service currently provided by Veolia. Below are these changes and other modifications for some RTL routes.

• 55 - One departure is added for PM rush from Terminus Centre-Ville
  • 73 - Two departures are added for PM rush from Terminus Longueuil
  • 80 - Two departures are added for PM rush from Terminus Longueuil
  • 91/92 - New routes (for RTL drivers). Go from Saint-Bruno to the train station. They replace the current 91/92/93. Two routes will cover what three used to do. Route 93 is obviously canceled.
  • 98 - New route (for RTL drivers). Goes from Saint-Burno to promenades Saint-Bruno weekdays off peak. During rush hour, it will go to Terminus Longueuil.
  • 99 - New route (for RTL drivers). Goes from Saint-Bruno to Terminus Longueuil. On weekends, it stops at Promenades Saint-Bruno
  • 132 - One departure is added for AM rush to Terminus Centre-Ville
  • 192 - New route (for all, well not really). The two current 92 trips going to Terminus Longueuil during AM rush and the two current 92 trips leaving Terminus Longueuil during PM rush are renumbered to 192

One more thing about the Saint-Bruno routes, I think all itineraries have been modified from what we currently have. I would need to compare the maps but I don't have time right now. I'll let you know later.

• 1 month later...

I don't know why we haven't talked about it, but:

Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville service to be provided by RTL in April 2009

http://rtl-longueuil.ca/communique/com_2009/p090316.htm

Routes 93 and T94 are finished

New schedules for routes 91 and 92

New schedules for routes 98, 99, 192

More service hours provided on the following routes:

20, 47, 55, 73, 80, 91, 92, 98, 99, 132, 192, T-20,T-23,T-89 & T-99

Source: http://rtl-longueuil.ca/communique/com_2009/p090318.htm

Some of the guys have already fanned Veolia hardcore and we need to take a break to keep out of the rain and avoid getting sick, sorry we can't keep you company.
Speak for yourself and stop assuming everything all the time... As SMS said, many people have hit up the St-Bruno buses hardcore before the RTL took over.

Judging back the complete lack of interest from people here, I got the false impression that no one was interested.

I forgot that the style the prominent busfan is to only let people know about big adventures after they have occured.

And don't worry, I don't get lonely busfanning, I find it relaxing to fan in my own company now and then, also leaves me free to do what I wish.

Your one to talk about assuming things...

Anwho, in a few hours it will all be over.

I am really glad that I hit up St-Bruno on Friday during the PM rush hour, lots of great stuff was running around town.

Got pics of the GM, a Prevost Mirage XL II, many Transcars, a TMCI, and even a St-Julie RTS.

Good stuff.

I would like to express my opinion on the whole take-over deal, but that will have to wait for now.+

Hope everyone got great shots and had fun fanning the last days of this very unique service!

Dave, Tristan, and I were aboard 55702 tonight on the last 99 round trip from Metro Longueuil. Now the ball is in the RTL court. I won't be in a position to try the St-Bruno service tomorrow but I'd rather try it with Tristan anyway.

Is the RTL doing a Samedi Plus foldout for easter this year? I haven't seen it on their website

Is the RTL doing a Samedi Plus foldout for easter this year? I haven't seen it on their website

Never Mind I found it with google, guess they forgot to put the link up!

RTL Easter Service

I also found this for everyone who must know the exact changes made for April 6

April 6 Service changes (right hand page)

Paques 2008 and 2007 are still up, you just have to chance the number in the URL.

Here is a pic of the last Veolia bus to ever offer service for Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville which I rode with David and tristan.

QC_CIT_Apr09_Veolia_55702.jpg

Saw an RTL LFS crossing over A-30 heading to the Promenades St-Bruno around 3:05PM today. I was too far to see which number it was, but lookinf at the rear, I'm sure it was a 208XX or 209XX depending whether the St-Bruno route are served by GALO or GASH.