tristan

Réseau de transport de Longueuil

462 posts in this topic

Cool!  Where can I get a paper copy? ^_^

That be nice but they don't have any new maps at the Longueuil Terminal. Heck they were missing lots of RTL paper  schedules at the terminal.

It's always best to get the paper schedules at the beginning of the board period. We start a new board on the 7th of November which may explain the deficiencies. As for the paper maps, have you attempted to contact customer service to see if they will mail a paper copy? I haven't picked up a hard copy yet although my contact at head office assures me that he has saved me some. Perhaps we can offer some at the next RTL fan trip, although who knows when that could be.

On October 27, 2016 at 2:58 PM, SMS said:

As for the paper maps, have you attempted to contact customer service to see if they will mail a paper copy?

Thanks SMS!  It worked like a charm.  I contacted customer service through the RTL website, and they sent the map right to my house. ^_^

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎30 at 0:18 AM, Jack 47 said:

Will the RTL keep the 90 Express for another 2 years?

I don't know but at least until April 2017 as St-Hubert bus garage has crewed up the 90 for the next board period during listes générales.

Glad to have been helpful Tom!

1 person likes this

RTL C21002 has a touchscreen control console above the OPUS controls. It looks identical to the system used by CIT Laurentides, from what I've seen. Thinking it's a GPS unit?

Yes it is on a trial basis. I have driven 21102 with it but it was not activated.

I can share some details of this pilot project with you. It is called Chrono RTL. Only ten buses are equipped (21001 to 21005 and 21101 to 21105). They will be deployed on routes 8, 29, 71, and 123. Indeed it is a GPS unit whose main goal is to get drivers to adhere to their schedule. It will also have the added benefit of eventually sharing real-time bus tracking information with passengers. A survey has been distributed to drivers to indicate their observations and opinions on this project. It looks like the days of speeding and cutting the ends off routes are numbered!

RTL cutaway 5024462 lost its rear right wheel set, as a pic posted on the Facebook page from Remorquage Groupe Laberge that also towed it away on one if its large NRC flatbeds 

At TCV, there are platform changes due to elevator construction on quai centre. AMT Express Chevrier has been booted out of its current location and now loads at the 42-60-142 platform. These three routes in turn are now loading at the 44-144 platform on quai nord. These last two routes now share a platform with route 55.

1 person likes this

This might be a dumb question but I noticed that Nuit Blanche is next week and on Saturday March 4th the Metro is going to be open all night, I was curious is there going to be special schedule for the RTL buses or is it normal times?

The RTL doesn't accommodate for nuit blanche so sadly once you get to Métro Longueuil overnight you're on your own. The only time I remember the RTL going beyond was for the U2 concert back in 2011 or so, they had special 45 and 90 extras waiting at Bonaventure for the last metro.