Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

To give CanadiensFan an example of equipment on the 55 this morning, I operated C2-0212, and I also saw a 9-700 or 9-800 on the line as well as a 2004. The glory days of old vehicles on route 55 are gone, they can slap on a 2012 or 2013 if they wanted to but the management would do so at their peril because they have the minimum seated capacity.

To give CanadiensFan an example of equipment on the 55 this morning, I operated C2-0212, and I also saw a 9-700 or 9-800 on the line as well as a 2004. The glory days of old vehicles on route 55 are gone, they can slap on a 2012 or 2013 if they wanted to but the management would do so at their peril because they have the minimum seated capacity.

Another question I had about the 55 is when the 55 goes back to TCV, and they travel along Victoria, are passengers allowed to go on at Saint Lambert towards TCV? The reason I'm asking is I know they travel back and I want to get video of the ride back

Certain early trips during PM rush return in service to Terminus Centre-Ville. If the destination sign reads 55 Fin de parcours, it will not return to Bonaventure. Please consult the schedule online to know which trips return and which do not. It would be unwise to assume that the driver will allow passengers to deadhead on his or her fin de parcours run.

Certain early trips during PM rush return in service to Terminus Centre-Ville. If the destination sign reads 55 Fin de parcours, it will not return to Bonaventure. Please consult the schedule online to know which trips return and which do not. It would be unwise to assume that the driver will allow passengers to deadhead on his or her fin de parcours run.

I did a google maps search of the Saint Lambert to TCV and it has the 55 option, so I wasnt sure if the search was wrong

Word at the garage was that the bus was solidly cut off for such a collision to occur. Good thing this did not happen to one of us, and above all, it is good that no one was seriously injured.

Word at the garage was that the bus was solidly cut off for such a collision to occur. Good thing this did not happen to one of us, and above all, it is good that no one was seriously injured.

Here's a reenactement found on the internet

• 2 weeks later...

Have they started retiring the 203s? Im hoping not, because they're my favorites. I was also going to ask, do they run the 203/4/5s in other areas now? I rarely see them in Brossard. Its mostly the newer LFS models.

Wait what!? You like the 2003 2004's? haha that's a first as they're pure garbage buses to drive from a drivers point of view. The 2003/2004 series are mostly at St Hubert division which means in Brossard during the week as they are rush hour only buses. That means TCV downtown terminal in Montreal to find them during AM and PM rush. There's a few at Longueuil division but they can be put on any GALO route during rush hours. The 2005's run 7 weeks a week still and are the best buses we have at the RTL. They can be found all over the place at any time. Remember that the RTL is mainly a rush hour transit system and off peak most of the fleet is not out. So to maximize your time, rush hour times is were its at.

I don't think the 203s are retired, since while I was on the 34 on my way to my grandparents, I saw 20309 on the 38 backing up from the stop, and when the 34 was coming down the ramp from the highway, a 203XX was running a different 34 that was deadheading towards downtown was turning

I like the 203s and 204s because they have the good ZF trannys. The trannys they have are hard to find in Canada now, because now everyone has shifted to the Ecolifes. I've never ridden on the 205s so I can't say anything about them. Voith transmissions are everywhere, especially in Mississauga, where I live. I come to Montreal very often, so I do have some knowledge about the buses here. I was also gonna ask if they've started retiring the 201xx artics? And what makes the 203/4s bad from a drivers point of view?

SCFP local 3333 (RTL bus drivers) voted recently to wear the uniform rather than let management order us to do so. The reason why we were out of uniform for roughly 9 months was related to pension fund management and since we are not in a legal position to strike until 2017, this was what was agreed upon.

Burgundy has fallen out of favour just after I entered the RTL (2011) and the shift has been to black. Major items that are considered part of the uniform include (but are not limited to) long and short sleeve shirts (greyish-blue), golf shirts (limestone), shorts, skirts and summer/winter pants (all grey), turtlenecks (navy blue), blazers (black), vests (black), fleece (dark grey), windbreaker (black) and winter jacket (black). Accessories include the tuque (black), scarf (black), ballcaps (black - visors are available but for women only), socks (grey), winter hat (fake fur), and ties (clip-on). The golf shirts and shorts are supposed to be worn only in the summer and wearing the tie or hat is optional. No shoes are provided yet we are encouraged to wear dark footwear. Drivers do not have the luxury of wearing white as we are not white collar employees, that is the domain of the supervisors. However, older uniforms of the STRSM years could have white for drivers - one prized possession of mine is a white STRSM golf shirt that I like to wear on weekends.

So if you see a driver that is not exactly in uniform today, there are a couple of possibilities... perhaps the driver is new and has not received his entire set yet. Or perhaps an senior driver has put on weight and can no longer fit into the existing uniform until the next order. Or even more extremely, the driver is a rebel and does not care to wear the uniform. The latter is the exception rather than the norm.

Every year around the anniversary of the driver, we are summoned to the company store with an allocation of points that are used to purchase the above mentioned products. It is up to management to enforce wearing of the uniform.

I will not speak on behalf of SCFP local 1983 (STM operators) as they have other pending grievances apart from the pension fund issue such as wanting camera equipped buses on overnight runs.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

There appears to be a shortage of articulateds at GASH possibly for repairs because I have seen many 40 footers mostly on the 45 and at least one on the 90 for more than the usual tripper runs. It is hoped that the situation will return to normal. This is purely based on my observations and I cannot confirm this, but we all know how good we are at making service sometimes. :ph34r:<_<

• 3 months later...

The Van Hool AG300s from 2001 are done in 2017, which is when the contract for route 90 ends with AMT

http://www.fm1033.ca/tout-get-communiques/t1/u13368-annoncee-autobus-articules

Also certain fares are going up for 2016

http://www.fm1033.ca/tout-get-communiques/t1/u13366-hausse-prix-billet-autobus

SLR is being done on the new bridge so no need for artics. That being said, the Nova Artics will still be around and probably will get assigned to new express bus lane routes which the RTL wants to create eventually.