Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

There are some interesting changes to the RTL network starting April 2, 2007. The changes were posted in the bus driver room and I could not get a copy but here's what I remember

• 8 - The stop at the Maxi & Cie is cancelled, the bus will not go in the Maxi parking lot anymore
  • 9 - Minor modification to the route
  • 14 - The route is extended to "Quatier Dix30" via Rome boulvard. This route remains a rush hour route only
  • 17/117 - On weekdays outside rush hour, one out of two of the current 17 trips will become a 117.
  • 35 - New route! Will go to "Quatier Dix30" via Tachereau and Rome boulvards from Terminus Panama. During rush hour the 35 will go to terminus centre-ville. This new route will run 7 days a week. At terminus Pamana the bus stop will be where the 54 is
  • 55 - Back to what it used to be before the construction on McGill street
  • 80 - New route! Will go to IKEA in Boucherville via highway 132 and Montarville boulvard from Terminus Longueuil. This new route will run 7 days a week. At terminus Longueuil the bus stop will be where the 85 is.
  • 87 - Minor modification to the route during PM rush.

Also to accomodate route 35 at terminus centre-ville many other bus routes will be recolated at different gates.

That's not it! In 2009 routes 91, 92, 93, 98 & 99 in St-Burno-de-Montarville will be operated by RTL drivers with RTL buses. These routes already belong to RTL but it is an outside company who provides buses and drivers.

Edited by SMS
Simple title change - SMS

That's not it! In 2009 routes 91, 92, 93, 98 & 99 in St-Burno-de-Montarville will be operated by RTL drivers with RTL buses. These routes already belong to RTL but it is an outside company who provides buses and drivers.

2009??? Geez... I remember back in '02, I was talking with a couple of RTL drivers and they told me that these lines were supposed to be serviced by RTL buses and drivers in 2004 when the contract with the then Groupe Viens ended. I guess St-Bruno re-signed with Veolia Boucherville 'til 2009... <_<

[*]35 - New route! Will go to "Quatier Dix30" via Tachereau and Rome boulvards from Terminus Panama. During rush hour the 35 will go to terminus centre-ville. This new route will run 7 days a week. At terminus Pamana the bus stop will be where the 54 is

Also to accomodate route 35 at terminus centre-ville many other bus routes will be recolated at different gates.

Any Idea how close to the Cineplex the 35 is going to stop, or how late it is going to run (for those getting the last film of the night)?

Mike

• 4 months later...

There are major changes to the RTL network starting August 27, 2007. :) Here's the list

• 8 - Route extended to Claude-Jutra street at Promenades St-Bruno
  • 20 - Route extended to Belcourt street in Longueuil
  • 36 - Route will not exsit anymore.
  • 38 - New route! Replaces route 36 & 132 on Balzac, Baffin and Baudelaire in Brossard also goes on Boisvert street between Payer and Grande-Allée. Rush hour route only. Will be located at door #9 at Terminus Centre-Ville
  • 55 - Route modified during AM Rush
  • 61 - Route modified to access new bus lane in Montreal between Sherbrooke street and A25 service road. Also modified in Boucherville to stop at a new terminus (park and ride) located at the intersection of Montarville and road 132.
  • 78 - New route! From Terminus Longueuil via road 132, Fernand-Lafontaine blvd, Adoncour st, Tremblay road, Colisée st, Curé-Poirier blvd to the intersection of Jacques-Cartier blvd. Replaces route T91. Rush hour route only
  • 80 - Route modified to stop at a new terminus (park and ride) located at the intersection of Montarville and road 132.
  • 85 - Route modified to stop at a new terminus (park and ride) located at the intersection of Montarville and road 132. Also modified in Boucherville around Gascogne and Rouen street.
  • 132 - Route extended in Saint-Hubert to Pierre-Thomas-Hurteau & Louis-Hébert. In Brossard route is modifed to pass in "Secteur C" around Lepage and Lapiniere streets. Not a rush hour route anymore. Replaces route T40
  • 150 - Route modified to go on Bienville street where the 36 used to go. Will not go on Auteuil street anymore. Routes 5 & 50 already go there.
  • 170 - Route modified in Montreal to go directly to Papineau Metro during AM rush instead of taking Viger et Papineau street before getting to the Metro.
  • 185 - New route! From Terminus Longueuil via road 132, A20 to Ampere street in Boucherville industriel park.

So from this I learned there will be a new bus terminus in Boucherville. Construction has already begun last week. I wonder what it will look like.

Thanks for sharing this news! I miss public transit in Quebec. :-P

Just a few questions.

Do you know if frequencies are going to be adjusted where interlining used to occur (e.g. 32 and 132, 50 and 150)?

What about the new 38 extending to a street just parallel to 42/142? Is this to divert patronage from that heavily used line?

Now a very minor quibble: perhaps RTL should have considered a different way of numbering these new/revised lines. With these changes, it appears 32 and 38 will be interlined, while 132 will exist as a separate entity. Why not just flop those line numbers around so it would make more sense to the riders?

Ditto with 50 and 150.

Thanks for sharing this news! I miss public transit in Quebec. :-P

Just a few questions.

Do you know if frequencies are going to be adjusted where interlining used to occur (e.g. 32 and 132, 50 and 150)?

What about the new 38 extending to a street just parallel to 42/142? Is this to divert patronage from that heavily used line?

Now a very minor quibble: perhaps RTL should have considered a different way of numbering these new/revised lines. With these changes, it appears 32 and 38 will be interlined, while 132 will exist as a separate entity. Why not just flop those line numbers around so it would make more sense to the riders?

Ditto with 50 and 150.

The schedules are not out yet so I don't know the frequencies. I have to agree with you about route 132, it should not be numbered that way anymore.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
So from this I learned there will be a new bus terminus in Boucherville. Construction has already begun last week. I wonder what it will look like.

Today (November 19) should be the first day of the new terminus as per the maps of terminus we have in the bus drivers rooms. Hope it's the right day. Remember it should have been open since August 27. I couldn't find anything about it on RTL website but found that http://amt.qc.ca/tc/Terminus_metropolitain...oucherville.asp on the AMT's.

As for January changes, there is nothing major. Only few minor schedule changes.

Today (November 19) should be the first day of the new terminus as per the maps of terminus we have in the bus drivers rooms. Hope it's the right day. Remember it should have been open since August 27. I couldn't find anything about it on RTL website but found that http://amt.qc.ca/tc/Terminus_metropolitain...oucherville.asp on the AMT's.

As for January changes, there is nothing major. Only few minor schedule changes.

I wonder if it's similar to Panama (former Brossard) station layout.

Not far off Tristan! It "officially opened" yesterday the 20th, according to the AMT press release published yesterday, that I received today.

It's in french, I posted the link below if anyone wants to read it.

It's very long, so here's a summary:

They talk about the new "roundabout", and how it should reduce greenhouse gases in the area,

The 308 spots to reduce the "RTL Clients" parking on Marie-Victorin near the 132.

They also talk about new EXPRESS routes with HIGH frequency,

and in 2008 there should be transfers with CIT Sorel-Varennes.

This is apparently part of the Quebec Government's plan to increase Transit usuage by 8% by 2012.

Sounds great, hope it looks great too, and here's to more such projects in the future.

If this is what lies ahead, the future of transit in the greater Montreal area looks bright!

AMT PRESS RELEASE (French)

• 2 months later...

Here are the changes for April 7, 2008

• 45 Articulated buses will no longer run on this route during AM & PM rush hour. They are replaced with Classic and frequency is improved to one bus every five minutes
  • 80 During AM & PM rush hour, frequency is improved to one bus every 15 minutes instead of one bus every 30 minutes
  • 83-84 Because of higher frequency on route 80, frequency for these routes is changed from one bus every 12 minutes to one bus every 15 minutes
  • 90 Route will be in operation 7 days a week from around 06h00 to 01h00! :mellow: During AM & PM rush hour, articulated buses will be used. Outside rush hour, regular 40' buses will be used. On weekends from 06h30 to 09h00 and from 16h00 to 18h30 the frequency will be every 30 minutes. Outside these hours, it will be every hour.

As for other changes, they are minors. I really love that the 90 will run 7 days a week. I will try to get this route for the next booking.

Thanks for the tip!

I'm briefly in Montreal to visit my parents and noticed that even now, RTL is mostly using Classics on the 45. Is there a winter reliability issue or is this the beginning of the plan you describe here?

They are mostly using Classic during rush hour on the 45 right now because many Van Hool AG300 are awaiting for repairs. Therefore there are not enough articulated buses to cover all the scheduled artic runs. To solve this problem they put two classic on some 45 runs instead of an artic. RTL tries not to remove artics on the 90 because this route has priority for artics buses. Before PM rush, they will take all artic off the 45 and bring them back to the garage so they can be available for the 90. But with this solution RTL has to find extra drivers and pay overtime to do these extra 45. You also have two buses leaving the terminus at the same time and they have to switch buses that are already out on the road. In April all the 45 runs operating during rush hour will be scheduled as classic runs and the time tables will be modified so you don't have two buses leaving at the same time. These changes should eliminate unnecessary bus change off before PM rush. If they needed to plan this it means they expect some Van Hool AG300 to be off the road for a long time.

[*]90 Route will be in operation 7 days a week from around 06h00 to 01h00! :mellow: During AM & PM rush hour, articulated buses will be used. Outside rush hour, regular 40' buses will be used. On weekends from 06h30 to 09h00 and from 16h00 to 18h30 the frequency will be every 30 minutes. Outside these hours, it will be every hour.

As for other changes, they are minors. I really love that the 90 will run 7 days a week.

OMG! <_<

I guess all those new houses that just went up in the C section are the cause of that! Of which i've been to recently and know someone who's bought one.

This is great news man for the 90!

I love it! EHALALALALA.

To all the people in Brossard who learn how to drive a car on weekends in this parking lot, looks like those day are over huh!

And good thing we got to go there on the AG700 charter.

I will try to get this route for the next booking.

OH wow that would be awesome! That would be a fun route to drive late at night or on weekends. All that highway action!

• 4 months later...

Here are the changes for August 25, 2008. I tought I would have them in July but to my surprise, I saw them displayed in the bus drivers room this afternoon.

• 20 Two trip during AM rush and three during PM rush are cancelled due to new route 120, see below
  • 45 On weekdays, a bus will leave terminus Panama at 05h20. Before, the first bus of the day was at 05h30. No mention about what type of bus will be used during rush hour. I believe it will only be classics again.
  • 90 Frequency is improved from Chevrier after AM rush and from Centre-Ville after PM rush. On Sundays, the frequency is one bus per hour for the whole day.
  • 120 New Route, Six trips during AM rush and six more during PM rush. It will be a short version of route 20.
  • 145 New Route conditional that RTL gets the contract from AMT. Route will start from Terminus Chevrier with one stop at Panama and will end at l'Ile-des-soeurs. Rush hour route with 20 minutes frequency.

As for other changes, they are minor. I wonder what will happen if RTL doesn't get the contract for route 145. What will happen to the drivers who chose that route when they boooked it.

• 4 weeks later...
Here are the changes for August 25, 2008. I tought I would have them in July but to my surprise, I saw them displayed in the bus drivers room this afternoon.
  • 20 Two trip during AM rush and three during PM rush are cancelled due to new route 120, see below
  • 45 On weekdays, a bus will leave terminus Panama at 05h20. Before, the first bus of the day was at 05h30. No mention about what type of bus will be used during rush hour. I believe it will only be classics again.
  • 90 Frequency is improved from Chevrier after AM rush and from Centre-Ville after PM rush. On Sundays, the frequency is one bus per hour for the whole day.
  • 120 New Route, Six trips during AM rush and six more during PM rush. It will be a short version of route 20.
  • 145 New Route conditional that RTL gets the contract from AMT. Route will start from Terminus Chevrier with one stop at Panama and will end at l'Ile-des-soeurs. Rush hour route with 20 minutes frequency.

As for other changes, they are minor. I wonder what will happen if RTL doesn't get the contract for route 145. What will happen to the drivers who chose that route when they boooked it.

Finally some service to IDS from the Rive-Sud!

Not to mention the drivers, but who the heck else would provide the service? La QC? :blink:

Veolia?

Interesting proposition, since they have the St-Bruno service right now, and that is supposed to be going to the RTL.

So it would be interesting if what should be RTL service is given to Veolia, right when they are claiming it from them elsewhere on the network!

Brossard seems to be a hive of long term construction projects this year. With the Milan overpass embargoed for loads over 5 tonnes causing detours for routes 38 41 42 43 48 142 and 150, there are signs going up that Tissarand Ave is going to be closed between Turgeon and Pelletier starting August 4th. This will cut the routes of the 31 and 46 in half and cause more detours for the 41 and 43, as well as a slight detour for the 14. Would anyone know if the RTL is going to put out a series of yellow bus schedules like they did a couple of years ago when so many lines were detoured or rescheduled because of construction on the Pelletier overpass?

Mike

Apparently, Transdev Limocar won the tender for Ile-des-Soeurs - Chevrier Express route (and also the Vaudreuil/Cote-Vertu route), so it will NOT be operated by RTL.

http://www.amt.qc.ca/corpo/Appro/appel/app...2.asp?fiche=386

This is bad news, very bad news. I will not comment on this, I will just say that I am very upset and RTL drivers will not let AMT operates a bus route on RTL territory. Be ready for some action this fall.

Man, that sucks! :D Why would they do that? The route runs on RTL territory, this is really not a good decision on the part of the AMT, they should have given it to the RTL.

On a another note, I noticed yesterday while leaving work (yes, I'm back at work...) that they added two T21 flags in front of the Agropur warehouse. :P One on either side of the Armand-Frappier St.

This is bad news, very bad news. I will not comment on this, I will just say that I am very upset and RTL drivers will not let AMT operates a bus route on RTL territory. Be ready for some action this fall.

I don't believe it.

I'm sure the RTL won't let them get away with this.

Just like how they wanted to take over the 505, this is one of those times where the AMT needs to mind their own business, and needs a good slap in the face.

What makes this route so special, and different than other RTL services?