Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

• 2 months later...

20 buses have been sidelined at GASH inside Garage 1 since the summer. I took the trouble to note these down:

• 20302 (VAD last signed 2 July 2020)
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Since last week Monday, routes 6, 13, 14, 19, 54, and 59 were transferred from galo to gash.

Also, since last week Monday, route 8 - Metro Longueuil - chemin de Chambly - Promenades St Bruno has become a universally accessible line.

As far as gash is concerned, it is a matter of time until all of their routes are accessible. Every bus parked in Garage 2 (Satellite) is accessible (series 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020). In Garage 1 (Grande-Allée), apart from the 2010 articulateds, there are the following series: 2013 (accessible), 2011 (unofficially accessible) and a handful of 2007 & 2008 buses. Once the second gens are gone, and the artics are retired once the REM opens, the RTL will be able to make several routes accessible at the drop of a hat!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

SCOOP: New route 461 will be created to address LHL tunnel woes, and a 5 platform terminal will be constructed at the SW corner of Sherbrooke St E at du Trianon right next to Métro Radisson. It is time to talk seriously about this project, because the heaviest of work will take place between 2022-2024 according to https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/projets-infrastructures/reseau-routier/projets-routiers/CMM/louis-hippolyte-lafontaine/Pages/refection-pont-tunnel.aspx

Details to follow...

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, SMS said:

SCOOP: New route 461 will be created to address LHL tunnel woes, and a 5 platform terminal will be constructed at the SW corner of Sherbrooke St E at du Trianon right next to Métro Radisson. It is time to talk seriously about this project, because the heaviest of work will take place between 2022-2024 according to https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/projets-infrastructures/reseau-routier/projets-routiers/CMM/louis-hippolyte-lafontaine/Pages/refection-pont-tunnel.aspx

Details to follow...

There is not much room to put a Terminal there though with the Hydro Quebec site. They did construct a terminal just south of the current station that is being used by Route 500 for the Mascouche Shuttles, there are 4 bays in that temporary terminal set up in a portion of the Place Versailles parking lot.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:08 AM, MTL66 said:

There is not much room to put a Terminal there though with the Hydro Quebec site. They did construct a terminal just south of the current station that is being used by Route 500 for the Mascouche Shuttles, there are 4 bays in that temporary terminal set up in a portion of the Place Versailles parking lot.

Based on a MTQ video, they plan to use the last bit of green land next to the south entrance of the station to build the terminal

image.thumb.png.bbfbed7a742ae1f7d7b139e9b3213740.png

They have a document (dated May 2nd, 2019) in the link SMS sent: https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/projets-infrastructures/reseau-routier/projets-routiers/CMM/louis-hippolyte-lafontaine/Documents/Documentation/presentation-travaux-mesures-attenuation.pdf and I have attached a screenshot of the relevant page, if anyone is interested in seeing the design for the platforms.

radisson.png

On 3/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

They have a document (dated May 2nd, 2019) in the link SMS sent: https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/projets-infrastructures/reseau-routier/projets-routiers/CMM/louis-hippolyte-lafontaine/Documents/Documentation/presentation-travaux-mesures-attenuation.pdf and I have attached a screenshot of the relevant page, if anyone is interested in seeing the design for the platforms.

radisson.png

It is going to be hell in that area, more so than it already is. The city will need to adjust the traffic lights by a lot in order for this to be effective. I have personally waited 3-4 traffic lights getting out of the parking lot at radisson because the light on Du Trianon is so short and not synced with the lights when turning right on Sherbrooke.

What often causes a delay in that specific spot is the light right after we turn right onto Sherbrooke at the other exit for the commuter parking lot and Provigo/Place Versailles. That light is red because both exits from the parking lot have the light at the same time, so the small space between those 2 lights fills up quickly and causes a jam. The city needs to make the light on Trianon North/South green at the same time the one of Sherbrooke eastbound only in order to releave the traffic that collects in that area.

• 4 weeks later...

The Quebec government has set aside some funds towards preliminary work for the replacement of RTL’s Saint-Hubert garage. The money will allow for a feasibility study and business plan to be developed, if I understood the announcement correctly.

[Original press release in French] https://rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/communiques/2021/budget-provincial-le-rtl-se-rejouit-des-sommes-consacrees-au-remplacement-de-son-centre-d-exploitation-a-saint-hubert/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 12:15 PM, downbeat said:

The Quebec government has set aside some funds towards preliminary work for the replacement of RTL’s Saint-Hubert garage. The money will allow for a feasibility study and business plan to be developed, if I understood the announcement correctly.

[Original press release in French] https://rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/communiques/2021/budget-provincial-le-rtl-se-rejouit-des-sommes-consacrees-au-remplacement-de-son-centre-d-exploitation-a-saint-hubert/

How old is GASH? Does it date back to RTL's founding, as CTRSM, in 1974?

Also, is GALO the former Métropolitain Sud garage?

2 hours ago, Mark Walton said:

How old is GASH? Does it date back to RTL's founding, as CTRSM, in 1974?

Also, is GALO the former Métropolitain Sud garage?

GASH was completed in 1975; GALO in 1989. I don't know where was Métropolitain Sud garage.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:46 PM, webfil said:

GASH was completed in 1975; GALO in 1989. I don't know where was Métropolitain Sud garage.

My understanding was that Garage 1 (the closest to Grande-Allée) dates back to Chambly Transport and was built in 1962. Their original garage was located at the intersection of Churchill and Victoria. I can say with certainty that Garage 2 (Satellite) was built in 1978; a plaque by the main entrance proves this. I have seen on a fire escape plan that GALO is internally referred to as Garage 3 (since it was built third), but nobody ever calls it as such. GALO has been expanded twice over and there is no more room on this site to build further. It is about time that GASH received some love. My expectation is that they build the new garage closer to Boul. Payer before they scrap Garage 1 right down to the ground.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question: What software does RTL use for scheduling/blocking/runcutting/rostering?

I would have thought HASTUS but their GTFS data (Standardized schedule data for app developpers like Transit & Google Maps) is clearly not generated by HASTUS, and they don't have the HASTINFO trip planner like the STO or many other agencies that use HASTUS like Calgary or Grand River Transit...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

While looking through the GTFS for the fall board period and looking through the RTL website, I noticed some things:

Lines 30, 33, 85, 86, 87, 128 are to be back in service.

A new line (442) which seems to be kind of like a replacement for line 142 during rush hour in peak direction but going to Terminus Longueuil instead of Panama and TCV. 

Another new line (93) for St-Bruno residents to the train station during rush hour.

Feel free to correct me if there are any errors here or if I missed something. 

• Like 1

Bang on the money.

14 to operate midday albeit on an hourly basis I believe. Finally a little respect for those wishing to travel between Metro Longueuil and DIX30 without being forced to transfer at Panama.

Some 21 trips in AM and PM rush will be converted to 121 trips.

30 and 33 will short turn at Panama (no TCV service). Still waiting for destination signs to be updated to this effect. The 33 never directly served Panama so this is a first. The local stop will be at the 15/115 flag. It would have made more sense to share the 44 flag (to M-N-O sectors of Brossard), oh well! Both routes will run strictly every 30 mins which is a far cry from pre covid levels.

35 and 39 will see rush hour service increased to ever 30 mins, therefore combined average between Panama and DIX30 every 15 mins.

86 and 87 allegedly to return to platform 5 at TCV (where routes 37 and 59 used to serve). It is currently vacant since the 59 still short turns at Panama, so it works in theory.

93 replaces 91 and 92.

98 sees a slight service increase.

128 has a new routing via route de l Aéroport and ultimately ends at Virette Parent in St Bruno. The long term plan is for this route to absorb the 98.

442 (Express Cousineau) will offer 2 AM and 2 PM trippers on an hourly headway. All 4 runs interline into or from accessible routes, so I would not expect vehicles older than 2011 on this new route.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RTL will be running its five new electric midibuses on some fare-free routes, as part of a pilot project:

https://rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/midibus/

Here's a press release on the subject:

https://rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/communiques/2021/premiers-pas-vers-l-electrification-de-sa-flotte-le-rtl-lance-ses-premiers-autobus-electriques-/

(None of this info appears to be available in English for the moment.)

9 hours ago, downbeat said:

RTL will be running its five new electric midibuses on some fare-free routes, as part of a pilot project:

https://rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/midibus/

Here's a press release on the subject:

https://rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/communiques/2021/premiers-pas-vers-l-electrification-de-sa-flotte-le-rtl-lance-ses-premiers-autobus-electriques-/

(None of this info appears to be available in English for the moment.)

I passed one on Taschereau heading towards Panama, it had a red wrap on it. Was driving so no pic. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As of 1 November, new route 461 will kick in between Métro Radisson and Stationnement de Touraine (located at Montarville / A20) via Stationnement de Mortagne. The route will operate 7 days a week with the worst headway being every 30 mins, typical rush hour headway is every 10 mins (sometimes 5 mins, sometimes 15 mins).

Obviously, with work in the tunnel every weekend until December, 61 (and ostensibly 461) will be going to Terminus Longueuil instead of Radisson.

If anyone likes annual reports, 2020 was published a few weeks ago: https://www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/en-CA/press-room/documents-and-practical-information/annual-reports/

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 7:14 AM, SMS said:

As of 1 November, new route 461 will kick in between Métro Radisson and Stationnement de Touraine (located at Montarville / A20) via Stationnement de Mortagne. The route will operate 7 days a week with the worst headway being every 30 mins, typical rush hour headway is every 10 mins (sometimes 5 mins, sometimes 15 mins).

Obviously, with work in the tunnel every weekend until December, 61 (and ostensibly 461) will be going to Terminus Longueuil instead of Radisson.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Boucherville has ever seen this kind of frequent public transit offering along this corridor — not in my lifetime, anyway!

5 hours ago, downbeat said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Boucherville has ever seen this kind of frequent public transit offering along this corridor — not in my lifetime, anyway!

They want to push people towards transit as the Louis H Lafontaine Tunnel will be undergoing major reconstruction work with only 1 lane in each direction + 1 bus lane in each direction for the next 5 years, probably more knowing Quebec

• Like 1