Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

On 10/11/2018 at 2:23 AM, MTL66 said:

But with the REM, the 747 will be replaced with the REM. I doubt that the non-competition clause will be put into affect, it will be challanged in court.

The "non concurence" clause said no Airport to Downtown or Airport to Lionel-Groulx service

If i would be the STM, simply change the 747 terminal to Angrignon station and call it a day (and with the hell Turcot is, i don't understand why it's not already the case except the fact that Angrignon dosen't have elevator (yet))

On 10/13/2018 at 11:24 PM, eclair14 said:

The "non concurence" clause said no Airport to Downtown or Airport to Lionel-Groulx service

If i would be the STM, simply change the 747 terminal to Angrignon station and call it a day (and with the hell Turcot is, i don't understand why it's not already the case except the fact that Angrignon dosen't have elevator (yet))

At worst, there is always the el cheapo method of 204/209 to 211 or any express bus from Gare Dorval to Groulx stn. There should also be no changes to the night bus system (354) considering that the garbage train (REM) should not be operating overnight.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 5:36 PM, STO_1601 said:

I read on metrodemontreal.com (french transit forum) that the new RTL 219XXs have the new driver's window and frameless windows (like STM & RTC).

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, with very minor interior changes.

• 1 month later...

As mentioned in Today's Sightings, yesterday was the first day the 219XX went in service for the public on routes out of GASH division. 21901, 21902, and 21912 were personally spotted by me. These buses were pressed in to service to allay the cancellation fest that has also been plaguing us. In our 2019 series buses with 2018 VINs, for the moment there are no opus readers, fare boxes, GPS, or radios. So if you are frugal with your cash, hop on one of our buses ASAP. Our general manager said that these are expansion buses, so perhaps there is hope that our 2-00XX series buses live a little longer but time will tell...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I don't particularly mind. It is still on property. What was interesting to me was the LED headlights (we still use the trusty old Sylvania bulb) and - someone here asked in another thread - USB charging stations.

News: This bus (internally numbered 42014) made it out this pm rush on a tripper run of the 47.

Destination sign: 47 Masson + P/R www.stm.info (and digital run box set to B within the garage... I saw the driver perform his circle check)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another victim of the REM is the definitive closure of the Carrie-Derick afternoon reserved bus lane, now rendered redundant now that all buses use the left lane of the Bonaventure expressway to the Champlain Bridge via Clement Bridge (no more pm contraflow bus lane, at least for now).

• 4 weeks later...

SCOOP: there will be an air show at YHU (St-Hubert Airport) 1-2 June, with 25k people expected to attend. RTL will provide shuttles. A special OT sign-up similar to what happened for Jeux du Québec in 2014 will take place. Tons of open work will be available for both divisions, and even people on vacation will be allowed to book on OT (not normally allowed). More details to follow of course.

• 1 month later...

A few milestones are upcoming in the next few days:

• Tomorrow morning around 9 am (slightly later if warranted by traffic), the Montreal-bound Champlain Bridge reserved land will shut down for once and for all. This temporary measure has been in effect since 1978. (The Brossard-bound afternoon bus lane on the bridge has been shut down for many months now.)
  • Friday night at 11 pm the Champlain Bridge will be totally closed direction Montreal. All Montreal bound traffic will be detoured via Jacques-Carter Bridge. I assume that the last 45 direction TCV on the old bridge leaves Panama at 1052 pm.
  • Monday morning 5 am NEW Samuel de Champlain Bridge will be open direction Montreal. I assume that the first 45 direction TCV on the new bridge leaves Panama at 5:32 am (Sunday schedule).
  • The transitway between Tunnel Panama and the Pelletier overpass over Autoroute 10 will permanently close Monday 24 June at 5 am (news bulletin came out yesterday). The new way to get to Autoroute 10 will be to transit via temporary Panama bus terminal which has been completely paved over in the past few days (slated to open this autumn, probably October). Pledre Street in Brossard sector P will have a dedicated bus only ramp for westbound A10. The temporary Panama bus terminal is where part of the park and ride used to be, close to the former Loblaws store. At present, nothing is there (ex shelters, garbage cans)... don't bother walking to it, it is still a construction site.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday, history was made with 21056 making the last morning rush crossing of the Champlain Bridge in the reserved lane as route 45 leaving Panama at 9 am. The destination sign was set to IN MEMORIAM. Supervisors and the lucky operator (not me) are featured in a group photo at the entrance of the bus lane. I missed the closure by two minutes as I was driving the 49 in overtime due at Panama at 904 am. They would not hold the lane open for me. No matter, I beat 21056 to TCV in the usual lanes. Every RTL bus heading back to the south shore waved vigorously at the 45. The last bus that I got to drive in the famous temporary measure contraflow lane was 21702.

A few bus fans met last night at the auto parc to ride the last 45 across the old bridge direction Montreal. In the end, we rode one of the last ones an hour early (952 pm departure from Panama)... that honour went to C20604. If my information is correct, the last 45 to cross the Montreal-bound bridge was another one of our Nova LFS Artics.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2019 at 4:43 AM, downbeat said:

Interesting …

The head of customer service personally handed out tickets to enter the Métro at Longueuil. It is hoped that with a new bridge now open in both directions, such detours will not be seen for a very long time.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:32 PM, downbeat said:

Charters in this picture, I presume?

12 buses were chartered last Friday leaving Champlain College, 6 from GALO and 6 from GASH. They appeared to be all new units, 2018 or 2019 buses, all having received a special clean. Sadly I did not have enough seniority to bid on this gravy work which went out partially on spare board and the rest on overtime. I was sure that management would have insisted on drivers wearing blazers and ties but this did not take place.

On 4/15/2019 at 12:19 PM, SMS said:

Another victim of the REM is the definitive closure of the Carrie-Derick afternoon reserved bus lane, now rendered redundant now that all buses use the left lane of the Bonaventure expressway to the Champlain Bridge via Clement Bridge (no more pm contraflow bus lane, at least for now).

Looks like the closure was not so definitive after all... as of 3 pm yesterday Carrie-Derick bus lane was reopened. With the opening of new Samuel-De Champlain Bridge direction Brossard as of Canada Day (Monday), the pm rush access road is from Gaétan-Laberge. The Bonaventure bus lane direction "courbe des Américains" has been shut down, and this is a good thing with all the brake tapping and collisions that I have seen.

• Like 1