Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

It's always best to get the paper schedules at the beginning of the board period. We start a new board on the 7th of November which may explain the deficiencies. As for the paper maps, have you attempted to contact customer service to see if they will mail a paper copy? I haven't picked up a hard copy yet although my contact at head office assures me that he has saved me some. Perhaps we can offer some at the next RTL fan trip, although who knows when that could be.

• 1 month later...
On October 27, 2016 at 2:58 PM, SMS said:

As for the paper maps, have you attempted to contact customer service to see if they will mail a paper copy?

Thanks SMS!  It worked like a charm.  I contacted customer service through the RTL website, and they sent the map right to my house. ^_^

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎30 at 0:18 AM, Jack 47 said:

Will the RTL keep the 90 Express for another 2 years?

I don't know but at least until April 2017 as St-Hubert bus garage has crewed up the 90 for the next board period during listes générales.

Glad to have been helpful Tom!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can share some details of this pilot project with you. It is called Chrono RTL. Only ten buses are equipped (21001 to 21005 and 21101 to 21105). They will be deployed on routes 8, 29, 71, and 123. Indeed it is a GPS unit whose main goal is to get drivers to adhere to their schedule. It will also have the added benefit of eventually sharing real-time bus tracking information with passengers. A survey has been distributed to drivers to indicate their observations and opinions on this project. It looks like the days of speeding and cutting the ends off routes are numbered!

• 2 weeks later...

At TCV, there are platform changes due to elevator construction on quai centre. AMT Express Chevrier has been booted out of its current location and now loads at the 42-60-142 platform. These three routes in turn are now loading at the 44-144 platform on quai nord. These last two routes now share a platform with route 55.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The RTL doesn't accommodate for nuit blanche so sadly once you get to Métro Longueuil overnight you're on your own. The only time I remember the RTL going beyond was for the U2 concert back in 2011 or so, they had special 45 and 90 extras waiting at Bonaventure for the last metro.

• 2 months later...
On 26/04/2017 at 9:21 AM, SMS said:

The trend of accessible bus routes continues... 80 and 28 are the new lines chosen.

Press release: http://www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/communiques/2017/2-nouvelles-lignes-accessibles-pour-les-personnes-a-mobilite-restreinte/

Now that the RTL operates exclusively low-floor buses, why do they not make all of their routes accessible by default (like the STM) and have a separate list of a minority of lines that are certain lines that are not accessible? Does there need to be a sidewalk throughout the entire route for a line to be considered accessible?

7 hours ago, Chris_the_traveller said:

Now that the RTL operates exclusively low-floor buses, why do they not make all of their routes accessible by default (like the STM) and have a separate list of a minority of lines that are certain lines that are not accessible? Does there need to be a sidewalk throughout the entire route for a line to be considered accessible?

I don't think the RTL ever activated their ramps at the rear doors (on 1st and 2nd gen vehicles).  With that many years without being used, the ramps must be completely rusted and unusable. A 3rd gen is therefore required. Also by requiring a bus with a front ramp, there is only one boarding procedure.  At the STM, very often the rear ramps don't work when needed which is why they specify trips with front ramps in the planibus. 

novalfs26001 is right. And note that although the 2010 and 2011 orders are 3rd générations, these are not activated for ramps. Therefore the first series that are truly accessible are the 2012 units up until the present day.

Chris, please note that there is a ton of interlining going on during the week which makes allocating wheelchair accessible buses very tricky. Having said that, weekends are easier. However, the management is missing out on easy opportunities to convert routes. 170 is a route requiring only two buses per peak hour, which never interline. For sure they can make it accessible but the demand is likely not there. It is likely politics when you think about it. Victoria Street has many elderly people riding in St-Lambert (routes 1, 6, 106). Routes 4, 77, and 177 pass a hospital. Route 74, the original and first accessible route, was lobbied very hard by a coalition of disabled persons wanting to use regular transit and not adapted transit. Boucherville likely felt isolated and wanted their route this time. Chemin de Chambly has a lot of canes and strollers during the day, so with only two buses running the 28 on weekends, this is another easy choice.

• Thanks 1

The latest garage allocations are slated to be as follows:

GASH > GALO: All 2005s, all 2013s (the latter should greatly help with the impending new accessible routes).

GALO > GASH: All 2008s.

St-Hubert will accept all delivery of 2017 units, some of which have already entered service (21701, 21702, 21703, 21704, and 21713 come immediately to mind).

• 4 months later...

Great news for RTL as issued in the following press release: http://www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/communiques/2017/phase-2-du-fonds-pour-l-infrastructure-de-transport-en-commun/

Salient facts

• 38 air conditioned hybrid electric buses will be acquired
  • 4 electric buses will also be obtained but these will not be conventional buses of 40 ft length.
  • Real time GPS tracking for buses will be enabled

Other items to be studied

• Bike racks for buses
  • More park and rides
  • More reserved lanes

Furthermore, this press release announces more service improvements: http://www.rtl-longueuil.qc.ca/fr-CA/actualites/communiques/2017/chantiers-routiers-dans-la-grande-region-metropolitaine-/

• NEW ROUTE between Stationnement de Mortagne and Métro Longueuil
  • NEW ROUTE to Gare Longueuil St-Hubert
  • Longer hours on the Champlain Bridge reserved lane in AM rush
  • More service to Terminus Montarville
  • New park and ride in Boucherville near Samuel de Champlain Street

I hope this means more job security for us and of course better services rendered to the people that we serve.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Is RTL now only going to be buying Hybrids? Considering they've only taken delivery of Hybrids since 2014...

Also, how many of the 2001-2002 VanHools are still kicking around? I heard they are in the process of retirement and that some are already gone. 

I don't usually post in here, but I haven't been to YUL in a while so I thought i'd see whats going on....thanks!

• 1 month later...

Did RTL ever consider making some runs, or even a variation of the 90 to stop at Panama during off-peak hours? I understand that the 45 has great frequency regardless, but perhaps to fill in those gaps, but also to provide quick service from Chevrier to the Panama area? Or is it just not worth it?

There used to be the RTL route 100 service that only did Chevrier - Panama - Nuns Island but the service was cancelled due to low ridership.

The closest equivalent to this is off peak route 132 that stops at the corner of Lapiniere and Chevrier, not too far from the park and ride, before going express via ROW to Panama.

But to answer your question, they have always been separate and distinct shuttles. This must have been the strict stipulation of the AMT for their route 90 contract.

23 hours ago, SMS said:

There used to be the RTL route 100 service that only did Chevrier - Panama - Nuns Island but the service was cancelled due to low ridership.

The closest equivalent to this is off peak route 132 that stops at the corner of Lapiniere and Chevrier, not too far from the park and ride, before going express via ROW to Panama.

But to answer your question, they have always been separate and distinct shuttles. This must have been the strict stipulation of the AMT for their route 90 contract.

I see; thanks. I suppose that's why the AG300s had the AMT stickers above the windows then. 

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎02 at 5:53 PM, MiWay0310 said:

I see; thanks. I suppose that's why the AG300s had the AMT stickers above the windows then. 

The AG300s were only really supposed to be used on the 90 but they also were occasionally interlined for school extras, and quite often they were found on route 45. Since the AMT technically no longer exists, there is no need for this specific branding. In any case, the route now belongs to the RTL until the day if and when the REM takes over transit in the A10 corridor.

19 minutes ago, SMS said:

The AG300s were only really supposed to be used on the 90 but they also were occasionally interlined for school extras, and quite often they were found on route 45. Since the AMT technically no longer exists, there is no need for this specific branding. In any case, the route now belongs to the RTL until the day if and when the REM takes over transit in the A10 corridor.

So in the non-LFSA days, was the 45 to be run by standard 40 footer LFS’ and classics?

On a similar note, what were the AG700s acquired for? The 90? I couldn’t find anything on how long it has existed but was it around from 1989 onwards?