Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

No A/C? That sucks, lol.

Interesting, so basically there will be no more Cummins on the way for the RTL's next buses, or should I say, Novas.

There is no transmission on the hybrids. Their powered by an Allison/GM hybriDrive system. So basically the bus doesn't switch gears when you have you foot on the gas pedal.

There is no transmission on the hybrids. Their powered by an Allison/GM hybriDrive system. So basically the bus doesn't switch gears when you have you foot on the gas pedal.

Ah okay, they have the parallel hybrid system? Demo 33-999 had the BAE HDS 200 series system, so I thought we were all going to get this powertrain.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the RTL still have the 9-6XX buses? I want to get a video of one of those before they retire, same for the Classics,

Yes there are still 9-600 series vehicles operating (I would refer you to the CPTDB wiki) but there are more Classics operating (from 9-000, 9-400 and 9-500 series combined) compared to the 9-600. The Classics mostly operate on route 55. My best advice to you is to wait at TCV on quai nord as the oldest types of vehicles operated by the RTL out of Garage St-Hubert are sent out on rush hour tripper runs. In addition to rush hours, Garage Longueuil's old vehicles can theoretically be seen out all day such as on route 77 (even midday) and early/late evening service from routes based out of Terminus Longueuil but you need to keep a sharp eye and hope that luck is on your side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I drove 21403 twice last week but not in revenue service. It only had 362 kilometers on the odometer. As stm_5307N mentioned, there is no transmission which makes the ride very comfortable.

Also, I just found out that RTL has a list of all their active buses on their webpage. To view it, go to the complain section in the customer service menu (english or french). There's a drop down list next to the bus number section where all active buses are displayed. I didn't intensively look at it all but it seems accurate.

I drove 21403 twice last week but not in revenue service. It only had 362 kilometers on the odometer. As stm_5307N mentioned, there is no transmission which makes the ride very comfortable.

Also, I just found out that RTL has a list of all their active buses on their webpage. To view it, go to the complain section in the customer service menu (english or french). There's a drop down list next to the bus number section where all active buses are displayed. I didn't intensively look at it all but it seems accurate.

I scrolled down and it went as far as 21413. Can't wait to see them in action.

Tristan since you work at RTL (assuming), have you heard anything on a date of when the Classics get retired

I'm surprised they will retire them all at once, I thought they would retire a handful of classics every 2 weeks

There are 3 RTL drivers here, Tristan, SMS and myself. The classics are all to be retired on December 31th 2014. We have enough hybrids that will be entering service soon to retire them all in one shot. Also, they're passed their due date for retirement already by a few years. They all drive fantastic, but age and the push for accessibility force the RTL to become 100% low floor. It should be noted that route 55 is going back to GALO division as a result of there being no more classics in the next booking.

There are 3 RTL drivers here, Tristan, SMS and myself. The classics are all to be retired on December 31th 2014. We have enough hybrids that will be entering service soon to retire them all in one shot. Also, they're passed their due date for retirement already by a few years. They all drive fantastic, but age and the push for accessibility force the RTL to become 100% low floor. It should be noted that route 55 is going back to GALO division as a result of there being no more classics in the next booking.

I surprised they are getting retired all at once. I hope the 1st Generation LFSs don't get retired this year either, they could probably take over the 55 route

also what is the GALO division? never heard of that term

I surprised they are getting retired all at once. I hope the 1st Generation LFSs don't get retired this year either, they could probably take over the 55 route

GALO is Garage Longueuil and GASH is Garage Saint-Hubert. :)

The 1st gens will probably be all retired in the next 3 years or so, once all the hybrids are in service. I think the RTL ordered about 100 of them.

• 1 month later...

holy, guess the RTL should've followed the Novabus recall procedures

The RTL has been fixing this issue now for weeks with the Nova recall. They probably didn't get around to that particular bus. I heard that 21114 is a complete loss. Maybe Nova will add on another bus to the RTL's current order to make up for the loss of 21114. I'm sure the RTL is insured for this.

The RTL has been fixing this issue now for weeks with the Nova recall. They probably didn't get around to that particular bus. I heard that 21114 is a complete loss. Maybe Nova will add on another bus to the RTL's current order to make up for the loss of 21114. I'm sure the RTL is insured for this.

Generally, transit authorities are not insured like you and your car. The insurance broker instead of insurance your car for a yearly fee issues a solvability insurance that means the RTL has in reserve enough money to pay for accidents and damage.

For burning bus insurance, they will probably negociate with Nova

• 3 weeks later...