Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

Nice la 135 !! :P

The Brossard mayor said that RTL created a new route :135, by e-mail. RTL replace a part of the 48 line and the 35( they combined the 35 line + 48= 135)

The 41 of the morining in the rush hour will be canceled.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Time for a SCOOP... A source tells me that with the MTQ mesures d'attenuation to help reduce congestion in Greater Montreal, there will be a new route Express 110 in partnership with RTL and AMT. A new stationnement incitatif will be created at Dix30 and will serve downtown Montreal onn rue de la Gauchetiere with service every 15 mins at rush hours.

Time for a SCOOP... A source tells me that with the MTQ mesures d'attenuation to help reduce congestion in Greater Montreal, there will be a new route Express 110 in partnership with RTL and AMT. A new stationnement incitatif will be created at Dix30 and will serve downtown Montreal onn rue de la Gauchetiere with service every 15 mins at rush hours.

I received the same information this morning. This route will be at garage Longueuil, it will not be served by an articulated bus and the chance of seeing classics on it will be very good.

I just realized that the 41 has been modified since the 22nd of August to mirror exactly the 43. So instead of turning to Auteuil from Lapinière, it turns on Taschereau instead.

If galo is supplying the buses, it must mean gash doesn't have enough extras... however with the ten additional buses that will be ordered thanks to the MTQ mesures d'attenuation, hopefully this translates to more service, routes, and jobs. Is there additional capacity at galo Tristan for more buses or is it bursting at the seams like gash?

Also, fairly disappointing, some 60 bus stop flags still have the temporary sticker and the permanent flags have not yet been made.

I just realized that the 41 has been modified since the 22nd of August to mirror exactly the 43. So instead of turning to Auteuil from Lapinière, it turns on Taschereau instead.

If galo is supplying the buses, it must mean gash doesn't have enough extras... however with the ten additional buses that will be ordered thanks to the MTQ mesures d'attenuation, hopefully this translates to more service, routes, and jobs. Is there additional capacity at galo Tristan for more buses or is it bursting at the seams like gash?

Also, fairly disappointing, some 60 bus stop flags still have the temporary sticker and the permanent flags have not yet been made.

Longueuil can handle more buses. Even if all the rows are full, they can still fit buses perpendicularly behind and in front. For even more room, they can park buses awaiting for repairs behind the Longueuil garage like they do at Saint-Hubert.

Here's some more information about new route 110. One thing that caught my attention is the indoor parking, I'm sure it will be used a lot in the winter.

http://virtuel.lecourrierdusud.canoe.ca/do.../2011083001/#18

Longueuil can handle more buses. Even if all the rows are full, they can still fit buses perpendicularly behind and in front. For even more room, they can park buses awaiting for repairs behind the Longueuil garage like they do at Saint-Hubert.

Here's some more information about new route 110. One thing that caught my attention is the indoor parking, I'm sure it will be used a lot in the winter.

http://virtuel.lecourrierdusud.canoe.ca/do.../2011083001/#18

Here are other good news. In the same paper that I linked in the previous post there is another article about RTL.

http://virtuel.lecourrierdusud.canoe.ca/do.../2011083001/#11

According to this, there will be an express bus from Promenades Saint-Bruno. It doesn't say where it will go but I assume it will go to Terminus Longueuil since there's already a train station nearby linking Saint-Bruno and downtown Montreal. The last time there was an RTL express route from Promanades Saint-Bruno to Terminus Longueuil was in 1996. Back then, the route was numbered 116, I hope they will use the same number again. The article also mentions about better frequency on route 90 and the purchase of ten more buses for 2012.

According to this, there will be an express bus from Promenades Saint-Bruno. It doesn't say where it will go but I assume it will go to Terminus Longueuil since there's already a train station nearby linking Saint-Bruno and downtown Montreal. The last time there was an RTL express route from Promanades Saint-Bruno to Terminus Longueuil was in 1996. Back then, the route was numbered 116, I hope they will use the same number again. The article also mentions about better frequency on route 90 and the purchase of ten more buses for 2012.

Ah but that's what I wanted to tell you but that's OK :o , thank you Tristan for having announced B)

As of late, most of the evening service on the 45 is provided by Van Hool AG300s which irritate me as the Nova LFS artic is a much better vehicle to operate. Also I have just learned that there is now frequent service until the end of service on weeknights, 10 minute headways which used to be 15. This is good news for people that like to travel late!

The 77 service has also been extended until after 22h00, instead of ending after evening rush hour. Now all I need is 177 service on Sundays, and for the bus lane to be extended to St-Georges (which I believe is being considered, based on their latest press release) with some 'feux cigarettes' at the traffic lights and I'll be entirely satisfied.

Also, has anyone noticed CKOI radio station's advertising in RTL shelters? They've got the speaker airing the station live and everything. The one in front of the Champlain mail on Taschereau is particularly interesting...

Great idea!! They could also fix the feu cigare at Taschereau (local) and La Fayette direction metro. But that's Longueuil for you.

Yea, that really is Longueuil for you. Saint-Lambert or Brossard would never let that happen. Funny how the bus lane on Taschereau ends at the Brossard/Longueuil border, too. Oh well. Technically though, Taschereau belongs to the provincial government, but I'm sure Brossard and RTL payed some part of it. Anyway, if they continued the reserved lane, Taschereau and Auguste/Lawrence intersection would be a great place for a feu cigare, since there's already a right-turn-only arrow, which means they just need to add one light. Right-only arrow cause what's the use of a feu cigare if the bus is sitting behind a car waiting to turn right?

It's very unfortunate that there is no feu cigare at Lawrence. The 4 needs to cross 4 lanes to turn left at Angèle!!! Not particularly easy with no priority. I learned that the reason for those bus lanes were mitigation measures for when the Victoria Bridge had limited access for renovations. It may be possible that the lanes exist because the official deadhead route to Garage St-Hubert from Panama is via Taschereau and Auguste. Buses are forbidden to deadhead via Auteuil to get to Grande-Allée.

It's very unfortunate that there is no feu cigare at Lawrence. The 4 needs to cross 4 lanes to turn left at Angèle!!! Not particularly easy with no priority. I learned that the reason for those bus lanes were mitigation measures for when the Victoria Bridge had limited access for renovations. It may be possible that the lanes exist because the official deadhead route to Garage St-Hubert from Panama is via Taschereau and Auguste. Buses are forbidden to deadhead via Auteuil to get to Grande-Allée.

But not down Lawrence! Man, there's a driver that goes down there to cross Taschereau on his way to and from GASH. He must do the same as the 15 route then turn on Lawrence cause I see this guy every day. I get one of those "what's that bus doing here?" moment all the time. I don't understand why they can't take Auteuil though. It would be so much faster than Taschereau.

In any case, I'm all for using the lane to get too and from GASH thought, but it would also be nice if they continued it, for the sake of us clients, too. The only thing involved in extending the lane past Auguste/Lawrence is repainting the lines. There's MORE than enough room on the shoulder. They could have done it when the did a lot of work on Taschereau a couple of years ago, since they had to repaint the lines after that anyway.

But not down Lawrence! Man, there's a driver that goes down there to cross Taschereau on his way to and from GASH. He must do the same as the 15 route then turn on Lawrence cause I see this guy every day. I get one of those "what's that bus doing here?" moment all the time. I don't understand why they can't take Auteuil though. It would be so much faster than Taschereau.

In any case, I'm all for using the lane to get too and from GASH thought, but it would also be nice if they continued it, for the sake of us clients, too. The only thing involved in extending the lane past Auguste/Lawrence is repainting the lines. There's MORE than enough room on the shoulder. They could have done it when the did a lot of work on Taschereau a couple of years ago, since they had to repaint the lines after that anyway.

The only thing I can think of are one of the school extras for l'ecole participative l'Agora but I don't know if GASH or GALO buses serve that school. Auteuil residents would be displeased to have hundreds of buses pass their house every day and this internal regulation has existed for the better part of ten years now if not more. As for using the shoulder in St-Hubert and Greenfield Park, I know that sometimes drivers on the 4 and 77 in my experience use the shoulder to get ahead of the traffic when stopped at a red light :angry: I know I would :P

The only thing I can think of are one of the school extras for l'ecole participative l'Agora but I don't know if GASH or GALO buses serve that school. Auteuil residents would be displeased to have hundreds of buses pass their house every day and this internal regulation has existed for the better part of ten years now if not more. As for using the shoulder in St-Hubert and Greenfield Park, I know that sometimes drivers on the 4 and 77 in my experience use the shoulder to get ahead of the traffic when stopped at a red light :angry: I know I would :P

The only bus routes that go down Lawrence are the 225 and 230 Centennial, and to my knowledge, they're both GALO. But this one driver is always H/S, and not at the regular hours of the school routes. For awhile he must have been doing a night route cause he would pass at 2:00 am.

I believe that the RTL drivers are "encouraged" to deadhead on roads used in revenue service ("deterred" is a strong enough term that I do not want to use because I see a lot of random deadheads). At the same time, unlike the STM carjours where the deadhead route is specified, the RTL drivers use their discretion to pick the best deadhead route available to them. It's a devil-may-care attitude towards the light sleepers I guess.

The only bus routes that go down Lawrence are the 225 and 230 Centennial, and to my knowledge, they're both GALO. But this one driver is always H/S, and not at the regular hours of the school routes. For awhile he must have been doing a night route cause he would pass at 2:00 am.

I was thinking about it a little more and in the end of PM rush hour the only feasible answer is perhaps once the 37 is done at Plamondon and Simard, he might choose to use Lawrence to get back to gash. No other routes end in the vicinity so I'm really lost if this isn't the case.

Maybe ecole participative l'agora has lunchtime school extras. 02s should be GALO but some have been known to serve GASH fairly recently <_< A few early sequence 2005s as well as the odd 2008 can be found at GASH too these days,

Maybe ecole participative l'agora has lunchtime school extras. 02s should be GALO but some have been known to serve GASH fairly recently <_< A few early sequence 2005s as well as the odd 2008 can be found at GASH too these days,

Man I hate when they move buses around. Mixes me up so bad. I have an irrational preference for GASH, I can't explain it...