Réseau de transport de Longueuil

tristan

Does the RTL publish a system map (with all their routes, like the one on the wall at Terminus Longueuil above the schedule counter, and near the OPUS machines) ?

If so, where can I find one? Thank you.

I'm sure they'll mail you one if you ask them by e-mail. It worked for me.

Does the RTL publish a system map (with all their routes, like the one on the wall at Terminus Longueuil above the schedule counter, and near the OPUS machines) ?

If so, where can I find one? Thank you.

Either TCV or Terminus Longueuil. I will be distributing 2007 maps on my charter to out of towners - 2007 is nearly out of print. 2009 maps should be out by the fall.

Ah, thank you. The lady at the Longueuil counter told me they didn't print them anymore! Didn't believe that for a second.

They don't technically since they haven't since 2008, and the 2007 ones are hard to come by.

RTLs budget didn't allow for it last year.

It's more than time a for an updated one now though.

Any system who doesn't print some form of a system map, is just fooling themselves and making their network very difficult to ride!

To be fair to the RTL, their schedules (with maps!) are updated often enough especially for route changes so you just need to connect the dots. The 2007 is over 50% correct, let's not fool ourselves. The major change just happened with service to Saint-Bruno. If they're not offering maps at the ticket vending areas, it's because then they're only available at RTL customer service at Terminus Longueuil. My contact at the RTL is pleased to offer these to me for those who really need it at this point and I'd rather offer maps to those who never had the chance to procure any. Furthermore these people don't have resources like the STM to dole out maps every year and with their numbers either. I'm dissapointed to see this pejorative talk of the RTL from a fan who wears their company logo on his forehead. It's very easy to criticize, let's be critical to those who deserve that scorn (hint: Bellechasse). And lastly if you want to hoard maps, why not do it when they're fresh off the press and available, and not at this point.

To be fair to the RTL, their schedules (with maps!) are updated often enough especially for route changes so you just need to connect the dots. The 2007 is over 50% correct, let's not fool ourselves. The major change just happened with service to Saint-Bruno. If they're not offering maps at the ticket vending areas, it's because then they're only available at RTL customer service at Terminus Longueuil. My contact at the RTL is pleased to offer these to me for those who really need it at this point and I'd rather offer maps to those who never had the chance to procure any. Furthermore these people don't have resources like the STM to dole out maps every year and with their numbers either. I'm dissapointed to see this pejorative talk of the RTL from a fan who wears their company logo on his forehead. It's very easy to criticize, let's be critical to those who deserve that scorn (hint: Bellechasse). And lastly if you want to hoard maps, why not do it when they're fresh off the press and available, and not at this point.

Wow there buddy.

I dont see any mention of pejorative talk against the RTL in this post:

They don't technically since they haven't since 2008, and the 2007 ones are hard to come by.

RTLs budget didn't allow for it last year.

It's more than time a for an updated one now though.

Any system who doesn't print some form of a system map, is just fooling themselves and making their network very difficult to ride!

For some reason you were either ready to attack or looking for an excuse to talk pejoratively yourself.

I believe I was neutral when I merely stated the fact that RTL did not have enough funds to commission a map for calendar year 2008.

You simply restated what I expressed by citing the STMs 'bountiful' resources in your logic.

I also fail to find once ounce of criticism regarding the RTL in my above, if through some delusional logic you find that I was criticizing the RTL by saying an update is in order, that's not my fault.

Once again I was merely stating a fact, and the 2007 map may be over 50% correct, but let's not fool ourselves, 50% quality is unacceptable.

If you had a bus schedule that had 50% of the passage times listed correctly, would you be saying the same thing, I don't think so.

The 2007 map provides a good reference for the most part, although like I said it's time for a new one.

I'm not insulting the RTL for not publishing a map in 2008, and I am disappointed that you choose to antagonize out of nowhere.

At least I am not afraid to sport the RTL logo on my head, and I do it proudly. It is my prerogative to agree with or criticize the RTL, but that will not change the fact that one of my good friends chooses to host his career there.

I fail to see what the FHTCQ has to do with this.

Also no mention of so called "map hoarding" in my post.

If you are implying that my archiving and collecting of transit maps and timetables as well as other various transit related memorabilia that makes up my collection is indicative of a psychological disorder,

then I am appalled that you could think this way.

If not, disregard that previous statement.

Now where we before I unintentionally and mysteriously tripped a circuit breaker?

Oh yes 2009 RTL maps.

I wonder if they will change the style this time around and update the look, since the 2007 map looks the exactly the same as the 2004 one I have, and may be similar to previous years as well.

Also note, that the RTL has won awards for the design of their map in the past.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Here are some interesting changes to the RTL network starting August 23, 2010.

• 10 - One trip added in AM and PM rush
  • 21 - One trip added in AM rush
  • 38 - Route modified to serve Payer and Westley streets
  • 44 - One trip added in AM rush
  • 80 - During AM rush, the current 4 short trips leaving Terminus Montarville to Terminus Longueuil become 3 full trips from Carrefour de la Rive-Sud. During PM rush, 3 trips added from Terminus Longueuil. On weekends, 3 trip added from Terminus Longueuil in the evening.
  • 88 - One trip added on Saturday morning
  • 91 - Route extended to serve Grand Boulvard and Promenades Saint-Bruno
  • 95 - New Route, similar to what the 98 was before RTL took over Veolia. Will run from 9h00 to 23h00 and serve Promenades Saint-Bruno and the city of Saint-Bruno
  • 98 - Route modified to serve Terminus Longueuil and Saint-Bruno industrial park. Rush hour route only.
  • 99 - On Saturdays, 3 trips added from Terminus Longueuil in the evening. On Sundays, 8 trips added to have a 1 hour frequency instead of a 2 hour frequency.
  • 100 - On AM and PM rush, frequency changed to 1 hour.
  • 192 - Route modified to serve Clairvue, Chambly and Seigneurial streets. On PM rush, route extended to Promenades Saint-Burno.
  • 199 - New rush hour Route serving Seigneurial and Boucherville boulevards and Grand Boulevard.
  • 321 - New Route serving Vieux-Longueuil borough. More info on this press release here (in french only).

The changes to the Saint-Bruno routes (91, 98, 99, 192 & 199) seems very confusing to me, I will have to see the "gauche - droite" or the map to understand them better.

• 5 months later...

As of this week, the Nova LFS Artics have been in revenue service on routes 45 and 90. I finally saw a few in service today in PM rush. The 90's destination sign now reads:

(as scrolling) EXPRESS AMT CHEVRIER

followed by

Terminus

Centre-Ville (centred)

As of this week, the Nova LFS Artics have been in revenue service on routes 45 and 90. I finally saw a few in service today in PM rush. The 90's destination sign now reads:

(as scrolling) EXPRESS AMT CHEVRIER

followed by

Terminus

Centre-Ville (centred)

Are there any photos available of these units?

Are there any photos available of these units?

I have a couple of pictures I took when 21051 was delivered to Longueuil garage. They are not very good because the bus was parked between a wall and a row of buses. I'll post a few later this week.

20158 was out yesterday and was damaged in an accident involving a CIT Le Richelain LFS. When it happened, 21058 was doing its second trip in its first day in revenu service. When the Richelain driver hit 21058, he kept going instead of stoping and damaged the bus even more. The driver of 21058 took some pictures with his cell phone and posted them on facebook. Here the link but I don't know if everyone will be able to see them.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?f...&aid=251001

I have a couple of pictures I took when 21051 was delivered to Longueuil garage. They are not very good because the bus was parked between a wall and a row of buses. I'll post a few later this week.

20158 was out yesterday and was damaged in an accident involving a CIT Le Richelain LFS. When it happened, 21058 was doing its second trip in its first day in revenu service. When the Richelain driver hit 21058, he kept going instead of stoping and damaged the bus even more. The driver of 21058 took some pictures with his cell phone and posted them on facebook. Here the link but I don't know if everyone will be able to see them.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?f...&aid=251001

I can't see even if I'm logged on.

• 1 month later...

Spring is coming and it's time for service changes at RTL. Here are the changes effective April 4, 2011

• 19 - In AM rush, the route is modified to pass by Sir-Wilfrid-Laurier to the Edouard overpass before reaching road 116.
  • 20 - On weekdays, trips leaving Terminus Longueuil at 22:21 and after are delayed by 10 minutes until the end of service.
  • 31 - Route modified to serve St. Laurent boulevard in Brossard, this street is currently serve by route 48.
  • 33 - One trip added in AM rush
  • 41 - Route will be in service in AM rush, 5 trips added.
  • 43 - Route will be in service in PM rush, 5 trips added, all trips advanced by 5 minutes until 21:05.
  • 44 - 5 trips are canceled in AM rush, 5 trips are canceled in PM rush, they are replaced by a new route.
  • 46 - Route modified to pass by Trahan street in Brossard, this street is currently serve by route 31.
  • 48 - Route is canceled.
  • 54 - Changes on the schedule, too many to detail.
  • 83-84 - Route modified to serve de Normandie and Lionel-Daunais streets in Boucherville. Ampere street will no longer be served and De Mortagne and De LaSalle streets will be serve by route 85 in AM and PM rush.
  • 85 - Route modified to serve De Rouen, De LaSalle and De Mortagne streets.
  • 90 - 3 trips added at the end of AM rush, 3 trips added at the end of PM rush. Trips leaving Chevrier at 00:02 and Terminus Centre-Ville at 00:28 are canceled.
  • 95 - 1 trip added at 09:07 at Promenades St. Bruno.
  • 120 - 1 trip added at 16:19 at Terminus Longueuil
  • 144 - New route in AM and PM rush serving Des Prairies, Océanie, Naples and Malo streets to Terminus Centre-Ville. 7 trips in AM rush, 7 in PM rush.
  • 321 - The AM trip to Hopital Charles-Lemoyne and the PM trip to St. Charles street are canceled.

So I did not hallucinate Monday when I saw one pull out of TCV when I waited for my bus outside…

I wonder what is the seating layout inside??? Is it retarded like the STM’s, or good, sensible and logical like the Van Hools???

So I did not hallucinate Monday when I saw one pull out of TCV when I waited for my bus outside…

I wonder what is the seating layout inside??? Is it retarded like the STM’s, or good, sensible and logical like the Van Hools???

Pretty good, less cheaper look than STM Artics...

21052%20(1).jpg

A ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M_BUj9Rc-8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...