General Subway/RT Discussion

FlyerD901

On 12/15/2021 at 6:13 PM, Mark Walton said:

Could be the original test car at Millhaven, near Kingston, but I can't be positive. I rode it at a June 1982 open house there.

It is absolutely the original ICTS test car.

I don't know how long it lasted, but by the end of 1983 the later versions that looked more like the ones that made it into service started making their appearance at the facility.

Dan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

We have a winner!  Do you want to go for the extra points by identifying which equipment it was for?

G Car I would assume.  The ones for hawkers were much smaller as I have a couple of them. 

37 minutes ago, Byfold said:

G Car I would assume.  The ones for hawkers were much smaller as I have a couple of them. 

75B36A57-6A26-4DC5-88E9-91888D646F35.thumb.jpeg.5ba60ced89c787600d2f19969e873daa.jpeg

Correct once again!  It’s a reverser key for the British Thompson-Houston master controller on the G cars.

Oddly, I’ve seen these and seen the H car ones, but I never actually saw one for the GE controllers on the Montreallers out of the control stand.  I don’t know if it was the same or different given how BTH was the actual General Electric entity in England (not to be confused with the General Electric Company that used the stylized GEC marking which was a completely different and unrelated company but registered that name there first).

• 4 weeks later...