FlyerD901

General Subway/RT Discussion

9 hours ago, Shaun said:

So the T1's have run exclusively on line 2 for a while now, but why is the flat wheel issue become such an issue only recently? The H6 cars would constantly slide to a stop but never had issues with flat wheels? If I'm not mistaken the wheel type of different on the H6 and T1's? Could that be part of the issue? This was not really an issue when they where on line 1, which has outdoor running as well.

Are the operators harder on the equipment, causing more flat wheel spots?

https://globalnews.ca/news/5477856/ttc-line-2-subway-vibrations-noise-update/

http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2019/July_10/Reports/9_Line_2_BD_Wheel_Flats_Update.pdf

Not sure what T1 car this was as my friend caught this but it looks like they might start putting up these maps exclusively on Line 2. With this happening could we expect the maps on the TRs to change to exclusive line maps instead of the current system map?

90476328-73F2-4A74-BF9B-26671E794764.thumb.png.28cc72aa70006c72111c791fc57d06fc.png

2 hours ago, CFMaster said:

Not sure what T1 car this was as my friend caught this but it looks like they might start putting up these maps exclusively on Line 2. With this happening could we expect the maps on the TRs to change to exclusive line maps instead of the current system map?

90476328-73F2-4A74-BF9B-26671E794764.thumb.png.28cc72aa70006c72111c791fc57d06fc.png

These have been popping up since a few months ago. They're supposed to be used in conjunction with full-rail network maps placed in the portrait ad racks beside the doors but those have been rarely put in place so far. I have no idea for what's in store for Line 1.

Threw my hat into the ring on the Scarborough Subway Extension because why not :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNEyyvieAmU

20 hours ago, 63 Ossington said:

These have been popping up since a few months ago. They're supposed to be used in conjunction with full-rail network maps placed in the portrait ad racks beside the doors but those have been rarely put in place so far. I have no idea for what's in store for Line 1.

I am going to say they will leave it since they have the light up device on each. 

12 hours ago, Jonathan1007 said:

Got news line 2 extension might be a multiple stop extension instead of 1 stop.20190814_100644.thumb.jpg.34991cca8d627da1fecbaa0c91dafd7e.jpg

Welcome to 2019

All 3 levels of government just announced plans for Yonge/Bloor station which includes capacity enhancements. They claim it includes modifications to the Line 1 platform and an additional Line 2 platform. Not sure of many details yet. Does anyone know if this additional Line 2 platform will be similar to what they did at Union Station by turning the Center platform into side platforms or something else? Either way, this is in very early stages. 

I thought that either side of the Line 2 platform is taken up by the Bay Building? Dont they need to move the platform in order to have side platforms?

38 minutes ago, CLRV4002 said:

All 3 levels of government just announced plans for Yonge/Bloor station which includes capacity enhancements. They claim it includes modifications to the Line 1 platform and an additional Line 2 platform. Not sure of many details yet. Does anyone know if this additional Line 2 platform will be similar to what they did at Union Station by turning the Center platform into side platforms or something else? Either way, this is in very early stages. 

I think that was the most recent concept. If I remember correctly, it was a new south platform for eastbound, and the current platform becomes westbound. There's some plans somewhere ... but I can't see anything newer than 2008 right now.

I don't think the Line 1 modifications were that significant, other than the obvious addition of stairs, escalators, and elevators.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

I don't think the Line 1 modifications were that significant, other than the obvious addition of stairs, escalators, and elevators.

It was significant in the sense that the additional vertical circulation elements also allowed for the inclusion of another 25% or so of platform space.

Dan

Edit: Most recent concept, from April of this year: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2019/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-131525.pdf

• Like 2