General Subway/RT Discussion

FlyerD901

16 minutes ago, Canadian Markiplier said:

Line 1 Yonge-University is yellow

Line 2 Bloor-Danforth is green

Line 3 Scarborough is blue

Line 4 Sheppard is purple

Line 5 Eglinton is orange

At this point, red is the only color on the rainbow that the TTC hasn't decided to use on a line yet.

The streetcar lines are red, and so is the TTC's emblem. IMHO, the next line should be coloured blue, even if it's a darker blue. 

1 hour ago, Canadian Markiplier said:

Line 1 Yonge-University is yellow

Line 2 Bloor-Danforth is green

Line 3 Scarborough is blue

Line 4 Sheppard is purple

Line 5 Eglinton is orange

At this point, red is the only color on the rainbow that the TTC hasn't decided to use on a line yet.

Well, on the map, most bus and streetcar routes are red. It wouldnt make sense to have a subway line the same color as all the bus and streetcar routes, as it would be too confusing and make the line look like a bus route on the map.

Also, i doubt ttc cares too much whether the line colors can be found on a rainbow or not. Its not really their highest priority.

45 minutes ago, Canadian Markiplier said:

Then why not make all the bus and streetcar routes a simple black?

Because ttc doesnt have the money to redesign all the maps and signage for the sole reason that you think all subway lines should be a color of the rainbow. Like @Streety McCarface said, it really isnt a big deal if a subway line isnt a color of the rainbow.

• Like 1

On 2016-12-11 at 9:48 AM, Canadian Markiplier said:

I still want a subway line going under Queen Street from Sherway Gardens to the beach.

And yeah... Yonge's subway congestion... I mean, why can't they AT LEAST extend it to Steeles Avenue? 

The City of Toronto certainly doesn't care what you want, if they did, everyone with have a subway, LRT or bus out side their door, the second they left the house

• Like 2

10 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

Because ttc doesnt have the money to redesign all the maps and signage for the sole reason that you think all subway lines should be a color of the rainbow. Like @Streety McCarface said, it really isnt a big deal if a subway line isnt a color of the rainbow.

But all the lines ARE a color of the rainbow... orange (5), yellow (1), green (2), purple (4) and blue (3).

55 minutes ago, Canadian Markiplier said:

But all the lines ARE a color of the rainbow... orange (5), yellow (1), green (2), purple (4) and blue (3).

So, that doesnt mean its a requirment that all lines are a color of a rainbow. If you asked a bunch of commuters what they would rather have ttc's money go to, improving service or making sure that all subway lines are a rainbow color, im sure they would all pick the service improvments. And i know ttc isnt going to redesign the maps because you think that all subway lines should be a rainbow color. They truly dont care about your color preferences for subway lines.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Are you going to pay for the subway?

I would personally even though I don't live in the area because it would Spur development, remove an annoying transfer at Don Mills (unless the DRL will interline with the existing Sheppard subway, in which case, the LRT makes much more sense), and would be slightly faster, even if my property taxes go up by 300$ a year to pay for it. Problem is that most people probably won't want to pay for it, so the LRT makes more sense at this stage.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Canadian Markiplier said:

Oh, so we can use tiny vehicles that interfere with traffic, but they're cheaper, so it's automatically more efficient! (sarcasm)

Subways cost on average of $7mil/route-km to maintain. Do you have that kind of money?

Dan

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Canadian Markiplier said:

4 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Too bad, the next line colour for Finch is Minty Green Shepard will be silver

and then the Don Mills Queen alignment will likely be red

I was hoping for a nice fuchsia for the downtown relief. :lol:

• Like 2

I dunno. Can you tell Andy Byford to stop being such a [CENSORED]?

Please explain how Andy Byford is being such a [CENSORED].

I hope you do know that city council has a say in doing projects right... 

You see with today's politics and logic, people want good service without paying from their own pockets. Ex. fare raises or tax raises. They're looking at a solutions that's affordable but can also solve problems at the same time. Just calling someone a [CENSORED] just because they don't build something you want isn't going to help. How about you run a transit system yourself... then you will know how complicated things are to keep everyone happy as well as being able to afford projects and to maintain a system. I'm no transit planner yet but I've done my research over the years and I think its time for you to do yours..

• Like 2

I dunno. Can you tell Andy Byford to stop being such a [CENSORED]?

Exactly the sort of insights I was expecting from someone with the handle "Canadian Markiplier".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noahrp24 said:

Please explain how Andy Byford is being such a [CENSORED].

I hope you do know that city council has a say in doing projects right... 

You see with today's politics and logic, people want good service without paying from their own pockets. Ex. fare raises or tax raises. They're looking at a solutions that's affordable but can also solve problems at the same time. Just calling someone a [CENSORED] just because they don't build something you want isn't going to help. How about you run a transit system yourself... then you will know how complicated things are to keep everyone happy as well as being able to afford projects and to maintain a system. I'm no transit planner yet but I've done my research over the years and I think its time for you to do yours..

One copy of cities in motion on it's way!