General Subway/RT Discussion

FlyerD901

3 hours ago, D. Jacenkovic said:

Spotted 5200/5201 today (briefly), it was as shiny as if brand new, really stood out compared to the other cars. Could this be the first rebuilt set/LEO prototype?

i spotted it as well today, it appears to be a completely different color then the other T1's.  Was able to get a pic, but it stands out a lot more in real life.

20190422_115850.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, H4 5600 said:

i spotted it as well today, it appears to be a completely different color then the other T1's.  Was able to get a pic, but it stands out a lot more in real life.

20190422_115850.jpg

Nice catch, 5200/5201 coupled to 5100/5101. I'll see if I have any luck finding it tomorrow.

• Like 3

Saw 5200-5201 today and they were definitely grey. It brings back memories from my childhood as back in the day, one of the M1 cars, 5309 was painted grey, plus one of the H2 cars, 5574 was painted grey. However, both the M1 5309 and H2 5574 were only painted grey on one side of the cars whereas 5200-5201 are definitely painted grey on both sides.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

I rode it today. Here's a photo I took at Kipling.

20190423_181737.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

New TTC accessibility plan says McCowan, Midland, Ellesmere and Lawrence East stations will not be made accessible due to their closing in the near-future. Does anyone know the legal implications of this as the line 2 extension won’t be complete by 2025 ? 

26 minutes ago, CLRV4002 said:

New TTC accessibility plan says McCowan, Midland, Ellesmere and Lawrence East stations will not be made accessible due to their closing in the near-future. Does anyone know the legal implications of this as the line 2 extension won’t be complete by 2025 ? 

I don't know but if it turns into a kurfuffle that gets ugly, I can see the TTC sidestepping those issues by closing those stations to the public and turning the RT into a Kennedy <----> Scarborough Town Centre express and only servicing the two accessible stations on the line.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

I don't know but if it turns into a kurfuffle that gets ugly, I can see the TTC sidestepping those issues by closing those stations to the public and turning the RT into a Kennedy <----> Scarborough Town Centre express and only servicing the two accessible stations on the line.

I'd think that would be an option. Though push come to shove, surely it's not that much work to make both the at-grade platforms at Lawrence West and even Ellesmere stations steps-free; you wouldn't be able to access both platforms from a single entrance, but there's many subway entrances that will continue to exist that you can't access any platforms steps-free!

Midland is only a short distance to Ellesmere, and McCowan is only a short distance to Scarborough Centre.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:40 AM, CLRV4002 said:

Province could also pass a law letting those stations remain as is until the subway extension opens

With 6 Freedoms delivered (as reported a few months ago by a board member), are they all being stored inside the Mt Dennis LRT garage as there's not enough tracks laid to test them out?

Basically they are sitting there doing all kinds of non mobile testing?

19 hours ago, Cityflyer said:

With 6 Freedoms delivered (as reported a few months ago by a board member), are they all being stored inside the Mt Dennis LRT garage as there's not enough tracks laid to test them out?

Basically they are sitting there doing all kinds of non mobile testing?

Metrolinx has claimed that at least some of the overhead in the yard has been energized, so they could be doing slow-speed testing out there.

But yes, there would be a need to test and commission all of the equipment inside the maintenance buildings, and so they may be using the cars for that in the interim.

Dan

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve seen a few reddit posts about these new maps on Line 2. Never seen them in person, does anyone know if this is a pilot/test project or something permanent ? I heard they’re rolling these out to complement the Subway/Streetcar maps that feature the entire system. 

• Like 1