General Subway/RT Discussion

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I rode it today. Here's a photo I took at Kipling.

Why are you always arguing with industry experts? They work in their respective fields. I’m pretty sure they know what they’re talking about.  You make an armchair comment. Get the real deal on w

"Could Cause Catastrophic Damage if not addressed" This is the case with literally any engineering issue that arises. Steel corrodes, it needs to be maintained, absolutely nothing new here. 

Posted Images

On 14/03/2018 at 5:00 PM, smallspy said:

What makes you think that they've been limiting the piece count?  There are lots and lots of sets that are well over 2000 pieces that are available now.

Previous reports of past quarterly reviews of projects with 10k votes. Only Ideas sets would be limited this way.

• 2 weeks later...

How much use is Vincent yard getting?

I walked by there yesterday. It looks like the two southside tracks haven't been used, maybe ever. There's evidence that the two northside tracks have been used, but it was hard to tell if the wear was consistent with use as a yard, or whether it was done by work equipment.

2 hours ago, Ed T. said:

How much use is Vincent yard getting?

I walked by there yesterday. It looks like the two southside tracks haven't been used, maybe ever. There's evidence that the two northside tracks have been used, but it was hard to tell if the wear was consistent with use as a yard, or whether it was done by work equipment.

4 trains every night. Apparently the two southern tracks are still allocated for MOW equipment.

Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday afternoon was the first time I've actually seen trains sitting in Vincent Yard. I saw two trains, on the two most northerly tracks. Could have been more in the tunnels I suppose.

This was around 3 PM. I've been past there at about that time before, and never saw anything there before.

They been storing them at night for a while now. looks like they just store four trains sets a night. two trains per track, on the first two sets of track, closets to the actual line.

I guess they are storing them mid day too. How many during the mid day is stored there, I assume 4 sets?

3 hours ago, D40-90 said:

They been storing them at night for a while now. looks like they just store four trains sets a night. two trains per track, on the first two sets of track, closets to the actual line.

I guess they are storing them mid day too. How many during the mid day is stored there, I assume 4 sets?

Midday storage of four trains at Vincent began this week with the new board period. It is a temporary arrangement to reduce the number of daytime movements to and from Greenwood yard during construction (actually, with the summer service cuts now in place, no trains pull out at all from Greenwood for the PM peak).

And yes, four trains are being stored at Vincent every night. This has been in place since the June 2017 board period.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

leads cars are guarantee to have a/c.  We don't want the operator to faint.  

Seeing as how the Comodore 64 in kennedy’s Broom closet is still waiting on it’s DOS update...

A3203AF7-9B57-43D6-91A2-BCA042CF835D.thumb.jpeg.cc9003d15aefdd2c24c779f67bbd6c01.jpeg

c’mon, Emma...

• Haha 1