General Subway/RT Discussion

FlyerD901

• 1 month later...

Yesterday afternoon was the first time I've actually seen trains sitting in Vincent Yard. I saw two trains, on the two most northerly tracks. Could have been more in the tunnels I suppose.

This was around 3 PM. I've been past there at about that time before, and never saw anything there before.

They been storing them at night for a while now. looks like they just store four trains sets a night. two trains per track, on the first two sets of track, closets to the actual line.

I guess they are storing them mid day too. How many during the mid day is stored there, I assume 4 sets?

3 hours ago, D40-90 said:

They been storing them at night for a while now. looks like they just store four trains sets a night. two trains per track, on the first two sets of track, closets to the actual line.

I guess they are storing them mid day too. How many during the mid day is stored there, I assume 4 sets?

Midday storage of four trains at Vincent began this week with the new board period. It is a temporary arrangement to reduce the number of daytime movements to and from Greenwood yard during construction (actually, with the summer service cuts now in place, no trains pull out at all from Greenwood for the PM peak).

And yes, four trains are being stored at Vincent every night. This has been in place since the June 2017 board period.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

leads cars are guarantee to have a/c.  We don't want the operator to faint.  

Seeing as how the Comodore 64 in kennedy’s Broom closet is still waiting on it’s DOS update...

A3203AF7-9B57-43D6-91A2-BCA042CF835D.thumb.jpeg.cc9003d15aefdd2c24c779f67bbd6c01.jpeg

c’mon, Emma...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, TTCBusfan21 said:

When will they replace the RT with line 2?

During the recent consultation for the Lawrence East Smartrack, they noted they'd altered their plans, as they didn't expect the SRT station to close until sometime after the SmartTrack opened. I can't find the SmartTrack date in the presentation, but I think it was 2024. Though they do explicitly say 2026 to close the RT. Presumably this only gets later than 2026 as time progresses.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Is the Bombardier TR rolling stock ever used on line 2? On any regular basis or occasionally? I ask because I noticed the LED route map looks like it is set up to accommodate line 2 operation, but I've never seen a TR on line 2.

I am fairly new to Toronto.

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, JeremyA said:

Question: Is the Bombardier TR rolling stock ever used on line 2? On any regular basis or occasionally? I ask because I noticed the LED route map looks like it is set up to accommodate line 2 operation, but I've never seen a TR on line 2.

I am fairly new to Toronto.

Thanks.

In the summer of 2016, a couple TR sets were used on line 2, because of the T1 AC getting fixed.

1 hour ago, 110B West Pickering said:

There are LED’s under every station on the map, if a TR is on Line 2(which has happened as mentioned above) it needs to show the connection line stations at Kennedy for Line 3.

someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there already LED’s for Eglinton once that line is in place?

There are no LEDs for Eglinton

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JeremyA said:

OK, thanks for the answers. I just find that kind of fascinating, that those LEDs are there yet almost never get illuminated except for this extremely rare occasion of TRs being used on line 2.

Well the Line 2 LEDs flash every time the train passes through Saint George, Spadina, or Bloor-Yonge to show the connection - however the line 3 LEDs would only be needed if the TR train was on line 2.