General Subway/RT Discussion

FlyerD901

12 hours ago, TechnicaProductions said:

What needs to be modified on them?

The TTC, in all of its infinite wisdom, designed them to be activated with a 4-position rotary switch. This can lead to situations where the side signs can display incorrect information, and thus make them non-compliant with the AODA.

The TTC is getting Bombardier to redesign the interface of the system to tie in with the existing destination signs on the ends of the TRs so that those ones will work and be compliant, but I don't know what they plan to do for the T1s.

11 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

I heard they were all supposed to be activated when the TYSSE opens.. Obviously that didn't happen

You heard wrong. The problem of their design has been around for much longer than that.

Dan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smallspy said:

The TTC, in all of its infinite wisdom, designed them to be activated with a 4-position rotary switch. This can lead to situations where the side signs can display incorrect information, and thus make them non-compliant with the AODA.

So is that how these kinda things happened?20170718_135100.thumb.jpg.62ea72a07d05bfc8eb081ee358017e2c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a copy of the schematics of the UTDC Mark I vehicle that they can post?  

The TTC had it in a pamphlet in the late 1980s.  I cannot find mine at the moment, but would like to use it as a reference for a drawing.

When I saw this in my emails I just went "OMG".

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/3836a22b-b316-4ee0-85b4-367376887164

It apparently has TTC's (unofficial) blessing:

Upon showing my completed set design for the Toronto Rocket set to the management at the TTC, I received a full endorsement to submit my Toronto Rocket Set Design to LEGO Ideas, with a promise to help spread the word about the voting via social media to the 13,000+ TTC employees and hundreds of thousands of daily TTC customers.

* I have my doubts if this project can actually takes off, mainly because Lego lately have been limiting their piece counts to <2000 and this is too big at 2910. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Buurin said:

* I have my doubts if this project can actually takes off, mainly because Lego lately have been limiting their piece counts to <2000 and this is too big at 2910. 

What makes you think that they've been limiting the piece count?  There are lots and lots of sets that are well over 2000 pieces that are available now.

Dan

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎13 at 6:35 PM, Buurin said:

When I saw this in my emails I just went "OMG".

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/3836a22b-b316-4ee0-85b4-367376887164

It apparently has TTC's (unofficial) blessing:

That front end design looks really flat, though, and it is hard to recreate the slightly-angled design of the TRs. You know what this could look oddly more like (if not for colours)?

See the source image

On 14/03/2018 at 5:00 PM, smallspy said:

What makes you think that they've been limiting the piece count?  There are lots and lots of sets that are well over 2000 pieces that are available now.

Previous reports of past quarterly reviews of projects with 10k votes. Only Ideas sets would be limited this way.

• 2 weeks later...

How much use is Vincent yard getting?

I walked by there yesterday. It looks like the two southside tracks haven't been used, maybe ever. There's evidence that the two northside tracks have been used, but it was hard to tell if the wear was consistent with use as a yard, or whether it was done by work equipment.

2 hours ago, Ed T. said:

How much use is Vincent yard getting?

I walked by there yesterday. It looks like the two southside tracks haven't been used, maybe ever. There's evidence that the two northside tracks have been used, but it was hard to tell if the wear was consistent with use as a yard, or whether it was done by work equipment.

4 trains every night. Apparently the two southern tracks are still allocated for MOW equipment.

Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...