Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
danduc

LRT Spotting

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, sseguin said:

Geez, I was out Saturday and Sunday and didn't see a single train anywhere..... still have yet to see one moving too.

One day...

I find that during the week a good place to catch a few is along the MUP by 200 Lee's/Hurdman. Or by Tremblay Stn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

I find that during the week a good place to catch a few is along the MUP by 200 Lee's/Hurdman. Or by Tremblay Stn

In my experience, definently. I like the bridge over the Rideau river as you are literally right next to the trains and get a great view of them, despite how creaky the rails are (more of like a very high-pitched scratching noise, like nails on a chalk board but smoother and higher pitched).

-Charlie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadaGoose said:

Why 

Le gouvernement canadien entend légaliser l'usage de la marijuana à usage récréatif d'ici juillet 2018.

I really do hope they put measures to prevent impaired LRT operators from taking control even with ATO enabled. That being said, a breathalyzer interlock would be quite impractical to install in every cab and would be a pure waste of time - especially when the operators need to get a train in service quickly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

Le gouvernement canadien entend légaliser l'usage de la marijuana à usage récréatif d'ici juillet 2018.

I really do hope they put measures to prevent impaired LRT operators from taking control even with ATO enabled. That being said, a breathalyzer interlock would be quite impractical to install in every cab and would be a pure waste of time - especially when the operators need to get a train in service quickly!

You got all that from a 4:20 reference? Seriously, calm your tits, captain buzzkill -and grow a sense of humour. Your panicked monologue is an answer to a question nobody asked.

3 hours ago, CanadaGoose said:

Why

You need to hang out with the cool kids more.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Le gouvernement canadien entend légaliser l'usage de la marijuana à usage récréatif d'ici juillet 2018.

I really do hope they put measures to prevent impaired LRT operators from taking control even with ATO enabled. That being said, a breathalyzer interlock would be quite impractical to install in every cab and would be a pure waste of time - especially when the operators need to get a train in service quickly!

In Britain, trains that use the AWS signaling (and probably on tube trains too) have a dead man's switch that the driver needs to press. It beeps around once every minute, and it needs to be cancelled manually. Otherwise the emergency brakes kicks in as it assumes that the train driver is incapacitated for any reason. I'm pretty sure that the trains in Ottawa will have something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anyfong said:

In Britain, trains that use the AWS signaling (and probably on tube trains too) have a dead man's switch that the driver needs to press. It beeps around once every minute, and it needs to be cancelled manually. Otherwise the emergency brakes kicks in as it assumes that the train driver is incapacitated for any reason. I'm pretty sure that the trains in Ottawa will have something like that.

there's a video somewhere with Watson on the training simulator for the line. and the person instructing him said something along the lines of "you'll need to press that button every (can't remember), it's a safety thing". So yes Ottawa has something like that. (although i think a lot of the driving will be automated, just door control, and starting out of a station is controlled manually usually)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Le gouvernement canadien entend légaliser l'usage de la marijuana à usage récréatif d'ici juillet 2018.

I really do hope they put measures to prevent impaired LRT operators from taking control even with ATO enabled. That being said, a breathalyzer interlock would be quite impractical to install in every cab and would be a pure waste of time - especially when the operators need to get a train in service quickly!

Let's ask the province for mandatory drug testing.

(satire like the beaverton)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

You sure it wasn't the moose?

I didn't spot any MOOse trains today, just a big, long-legged beast that crossed Blair Road right in front of my car... :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Charlie said:

Saw 1107 and 112X coupled together at Lees about a half hour ago.

That would be 1126-1107 both are tied down for the night. There is a security car on site guarding them. 

20180930_172243.thumb.jpg.5d3d76865b96f3824d995621eb3205c5.jpg

Edited by Oc4526
Added image
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×