Sign in to follow this  
Matt Demers

Las Vegas questions

3 minutes ago, TheAverageJoe said:

So have the Leafs 

Yes, but since the Golden Knights are new to the NHL I thought they wouldn't do too well.

BTW You shouldn't be talking about the Leafs here. Either PM or post in the NHL section.

• Like 1

Just now, ONQCBusFan said:

Yes, but since the Golden Knights are new to the NHL I thought they wouldn't do to well.

BTW You shouldn't be talking about the Leafs here. Either PM or post in the NHL section.

The Players are not new

6 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

The Players are not new

Marc-Andre Fleury in particular. He was a key part of the Pen's back-to-back Stanley Cup wins and I think with him the Golden Knights will have a good chance of making the playoffs in their first season.

• Like 1

Booked a room at The Tropicana for the first week of December - 3 nights for $4.11 taxes in B)

My last trip there, I stayed at The Tuscany - I highly recommend it.  Its a smaller property thats a block and a half off of The Strip, but located on E.Flamingo so its only a 10 minute walk to the heart of The Strip.  Instead of it being one big high rise hotel, its compromised of a few smaller buildings with tropical walkways and gardens in between and a nice pool in the centre.  The 24 hour in-house restaurant offers great food and very affordable prices (complete breakfasts for under $10) and the lounge offers free nightly entertainment.

Speaking of pools, Mandalay Bay really does have the nicest pool in Vegas - big wave pool surrounded by palm trees and sand - absolutely stunning for a relaxing day.

9 hours ago, 9924 said:

Booked a room at The Tropicana for the first week of December - 3 nights for $4.11 taxes in B)

My last trip there, I stayed at The Tuscany - I highly recommend it.  Its a smaller property thats a block and a half off of The Strip, but located on E.Flamingo so its only a 10 minute walk to the heart of The Strip.  Instead of it being one big high rise hotel, its compromised of a few smaller buildings with tropical walkways and gardens in between and a nice pool in the centre.  The 24 hour in-house restaurant offers great food and very affordable prices (complete breakfasts for under $10) and the lounge offers free nightly entertainment.

Speaking of pools, Mandalay Bay really does have the nicest pool in Vegas - big wave pool surrounded by palm trees and sand - absolutely stunning for a relaxing day.

What reward points did you use?

10 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Awwwww you spend alot with Expedia

Doesn't take much - you only have to book 15 nights a year with Expedia to hit Gold.  Not really that many perks, but you can get some decent pricing here and there as well as a higher rate of Expedia Points that you can use towards free travel.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 9924 said:

Doesn't take much - you only have to book 15 nights a year with Expedia to hit Gold.  Not really that many perks, but you can get some decent pricing here and there as well as a higher rate of Expedia Points that you can use towards free travel.

I already used Hotel.com , RBC rewards, Air Miles, West Jet and VIPorter rewards for travel.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

I already used Hotel.com , RBC rewards, Air Miles, West Jet and VIPorter rewards for travel.

I"ve got Expedia, RBC Avion, WestJet Rewards, IHG and AC Altitude/Aeroplan.  I try to "double dip" with most of the programs, such as getting points for my Avion card by booking a Holiday Inn room on Expedia, which gets you points for Expedia and then getting the IHG points for Holiday Inn.  Hotels are usually easy, but some airlines won't give you points if you book third-party.

6 hours ago, 9924 said:

I"ve got Expedia, RBC Avion, WestJet Rewards, IHG and AC Altitude/Aeroplan.  I try to "double dip" with most of the programs, such as getting points for my Avion card by booking a Holiday Inn room on Expedia, which gets you points for Expedia and then getting the IHG points for Holiday Inn.  Hotels are usually easy, but some airlines won't give you points if you book third-party.

I try and do the same get as much bang for my buck if I can. I used Avion too and my RBC Bank (USA) visa and combine the points. I just signed up for Choice Rewards from Choice brand Hotels