Where were you on September 11, 2001?

140 Southshore

• 8 months later...

I'm 25 now so I was 8 when 9/11 happened. I was in a doctor's appointment at 8:30am and saw it happen on the tv in the waiting room. I immediately grabbed my mom and hugged the crap out of her as we watched. I stayed home the rest of the day and just watched the news. Probably one of the scariest days I've been apart of.

• 7 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, Ontario_Transit said:

I'm 25 now so I was 8 when 9/11 happened. I was in a doctor's appointment at 8:30am and saw it happen on the tv in the waiting room. I immediately grabbed my mom and hugged the crap out of her as we watched. I stayed home the rest of the day and just watched the news. Probably one of the scariest days I've been apart of.

Me too. I was at school in Park slope Brooklyn when I heard all of the chaos going on.

• 8 months later...

I was taking a walk along King St. E. photographing streetcars enjoying a beautiful morning and some guy with piercings and a tattoo riding a skateboard stopped me and told me that the World Trade Centre had an airplane flown into it and that someone bombed the Pentagon.  I guess he confused the details or it wasn't fully understood what was happening yet, and I flat out simply didn't believe the guy.  Anyways, I continued on my way and everything seemed to continue on as normal out on the street until I stopped for a coffee and there it was on TV, happening for real.  I went home.  By the time I got back to the subway, the seriousness was well understood and panic under way.

• 1 year later...

My son and I were both home. I must have been on a day off from work, and son was home because he had graduated from school a couple months before and was still living at home. I think he was working evenings, or could have had the day off too.

Anyhow, my mom had phoned to tell us about the plane crashing into the World Trade Center, so we quickly turned on the TV to watch the rest of the event unfold.

It was truly horrifying.

• 2 weeks later...

I was born 2 years and 2 months after 9/11 happened.  However, my mom specifically knew several people who were living at the time of the attacks and watxher the thing on TV firsthand.  Must've been really scary for those involved.  (And yes, thankfully none of my moms friends were injured.)

• Like 1

I was only 1 year old at the time, I was with my Mom at the old house across town.  I think my dad was at work. No one we knew was at ground zero thankfully. But I still feel terrible for those that lost love one's. Definately one of the worst things to ever happen in this country.  Never forget 9/11/01  🇺🇸     And this may be off topic, but our fire department (Alton Fire Department) here in Alton, Illinois has a fire truck from Manhasset, NY that mutual aided to NYFD to assist in the recovery work of ground zero.  1999 Spartan Ladder tower.