I wasn't sure if this really belonged in the GRT Thread, but it also didn't pertain to the GTA specifically. Anyway, was anyone else aware that GO Transit with the introduction of route 24 is getting rid of the route 25A spur? This is the one that connects to the Milton GO Station for service along that line. Any thoughts on its death?

Also, does anyone have any ridership statistics regarding the average daily usage of both Union Bound GO Trains daily? I estimate that it's around 200 people each way daily, and was wondering whether the increased flexibility with the new trips would have a positive effect on ridership for Kitchener, Guelph, and Acton. 

Finally, does anyone find it weird that the 30 is not going to be in service on weekends? The 25 isn't really useful in this scenario (it only stops at Square One), and it would make better connections into Toronto. 

25 A died because nobody used it thats why its dead

i use the 30 all the time it dont need weekend service yet not busy enough lets see how the all day service does then we will see what Go does with the 30

i used the 1st train back to kitchener on friday night and it was full all the way to kitchener

routes 25-30 wont be servicing charles street terminal till victoria street opens they dont want the double deckers using water street too busy

25 does make good  connections with the 21 on the weekends that goes to union station.

the 24 i hope people use it i know i will be when im coming back from toronto.

1 hour ago, Transit 20 said:

25 A died because nobody used it thats why its dead

i use the 30 all the time it dont need weekend service yet not busy enough lets see how the all day service does then we will see what Go does with the 30

i used the 1st train back to kitchener on friday night and it was full all the way to kitchener

routes 25-30 wont be servicing charles street terminal till victoria street opens they dont want the double deckers using water street too busy

25 does make good  connections with the 21 on the weekends that goes to union station.

the 24 i hope people use it i know i will be when im coming back from toronto.

Then they should at least extend the 30 to the Universities to make seamless connections to the Kitchener line. 

The weekend service is supposed to be an option so that people don't have to spend 3 hours getting to Toronto. 

Last time I counted the number of passengers on the train, there were about 150; enough for one car. Then again, it was the busier of the two trains. I'm wondering how the commuters will adjust

It's still a three-hour ride. 

It needs to take off. 

they wont send the 30 to the university thats why they got the double deckers on the 25s the 30 is a express run like the 24

lets see what happens with the week day service once they start going to back to charles street they will get busy but thats 4 months down the road.

when i got off the train on Friday the first 4 cars were full there was a traffic jam leaving the train station

i think GRT  should do what Guelph Transit is doing run a earlier bus for the first train.

1 hour ago, Transit 20 said:

i think GRT  should do what Guelph Transit is doing run a earlier bus for the first train.

No. The province should move forward and build the park and ride station in Breslau as proposed. As you've noted with the "traffic jam leaving the train station", and not to mention the failed shuttle to and from CST, very few people use the embarrassment that is GRT to and from the train.

28 minutes ago, 2281 said:

No. The province should move forward and build the park and ride station in Breslau as proposed. As you've noted with the "traffic jam leaving the train station", and not to mention the failed shuttle to and from CST, very few people use the embarrassment that is GRT to and from the train.

If they want useful bus connections, extend the line to The Boardwalk, you have plenty of routes that serve students, workers, and shoppers on the west side of Waterloo. The Breslau station should be built to serve East Side commuters. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone able to provide general statistics with regards to the new GO services introduced back in September. I have used the 7:10 train to Toronto as well as the 4:50 homebound express trains since their introductions. The 7:10 trains seem to have lost about 35-50% of its ridership. I counted an average of 130 passengers prior to the changes, and recently, there were about 70. However, the homebound 4:50 express trip has seen a ridership increase of about 75%, going from ~120 riders to 200 last I counted. 

Also, has the new Route 30 been utilized in any useful way? I barely see it being used. Thanks. 

the 4.50 train is very busy not sure about the 7.10 just because i use the 30 all the time now speaking of the 30 its getting busy not sure about all the trips i took the 10.36 trip we had a full bus once we got everybody at Queen and weber once the 30 starts going back to Charles street terminal it will get busyer hope that helps.