2016 Grande West Vicinitys

2 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

And I am now hearing that the Vicinity's are parked on the West fence at SG with CT Decals removed.   

They're done I guess!

Huh??? Retiring? Just not working out for CT? I know I've heard that parts are difficult to obtain for those buses. 

Just now, Chris W said:

What is it with Calgary and getting rid of buses well before their service life is done. And where will these go if these are, indeed, retired?

I thought these boxes were on a two-year contract or something...

Which other buses have been withdrawn from service before their service life was done?

Here's a news article I found from the time of the Vicinity buses' launch:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/midi-shuttle-buses-calgary-transit-trial-1.3933812

It was billed as a two-year trial, starting in January 2017. We are currently five-sixths of the way in … so I am curious what brought them off the road early and what fatal flaws about them have resulted in their being sent back. (Or maybe that's not it at all and there's something else going on.)

9 minutes ago, LRT said:

I thought these boxes were on a two-year contract or something...

Which other buses have been withdrawn from service before their service life was done?

I'm not going to speculate on this until I get official word. However, if they are, in fact, retired, will they get resold to other agencies?

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

Strange how the Vicinities lasted for at best 2 years and the Eldorados lasted much longer than them...

7 minutes ago, LRT said:

I'm pretty sure they are only on a two-year trial.

That is correct. 2 year lease.

I’d say getting the information from the people who work with these buses in various capacities on a day to day basis, and have more many years, is going to be as official of a word as you’ll get on this board...

1 hour ago, Gsgeek540 said:

That is correct. 2 year lease.

I’d say getting the information from the people who work with these buses in various capacities on a day to day basis, and have more many years, is going to be as official of a word as you’ll get on this board...

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't intend on doubting what has been already said, I just wasn't 100% sure on what happen to the Vicinities.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

Weird that they got so many fornthe trial. Yet the CNG trial buses still are in service for now.

It seems as though they had no intention of keeping the Vicinitys past the two year lease. The giant ARBOC shuttle order further sealed it.

On 10/25/2018 at 3:36 PM, TTC 9701 said:

I did not know it was a small order. It does explain it. Wonder if they will be resold.

It was an order of 137. It's almost as if they had no intention of ordering the Vicinitys past the two year trial. I have a feeling that the ones they had will be sold off to other places.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...