TTC Orion VII Retirements

17 hours ago, SertenTryptic said:

Im SOOO SAD! I miss these OG's! Heart this if you want to protest to get Orion VII OGs back.

"What do we want?!"

"For the TTC to shift it's priorities from moving people to catering to a small niche of foamers!"

"When do we want it?!"

"NOW!"

17 hours ago, ttc9432 said:

True, but its still kind of sad when a bus retires. What is your favorite bus? When it retires (or when it did already) you would be sad too. Just saying.

Yes, I cried for days when the last of the thousands of GMs retired. But then I realized, it may be reincarnated into my present refrigerator.

16 hours ago, MK78 said:

Damn, they're dropping like flies! Would be nice to figure out what route the last one will be on and take it for one last trip...

I will miss the OG's, they had the best rear seat layout IMO, and rear AC that actually worked LOL... So damn hot in the back of Nova's.

Interestingly, I've seen a couple on the 12D. 

29 minutes ago, Doggosareamazing said:

I am really really sorry that you have to go through all of that.

Now, 7575 was more than a bus to me, she was a place where I can decompress if stuff went down. If I get into an arguement with parents, spat with teacher or written up at work while some asshole customer gets what they want, I would wait in the freezing cold for her. To you guys, it's me being attached to an inanimate mobile object while having an infantile reaction to the VII's demise. Well, I can't help it. That's who I am. There is an old saying, one person's trash is another person's treasure.

Sorry if I made fun of that guy's hairdo but I felt like  he was being cold towards him. 

Best case scenario, 7575 becomes a tool shed at Hillcrest, worst case, I don't want to know.

You should take up alcohol. You can get a tallboy cheaper than a TTC fare.

Anyway, if I cried for every retired class I missed my Barney the Safety Beaver pyjamas would be perpetually soaked.

• Haha 9

24 minutes ago, Downsview 108 said:

"What do we want?!"

"For the TTC to shift it's priorities from moving people to catering to a small niche of foamers!"

"When do we want it?!"

"NOW!"

Yes, I cried for days when the last of the thousands of GMs retired. But then I realized, it may be reincarnated into my present refrigerator.

You should take up alcohol. You can get a tallboy cheaper than a TTC fare.

Anyway, if I cried for every retired class I missed my Barney the Safety Beaver pyjamas would be perpetually soaked.

Ewww, that's just gross.

41 minutes ago, TechnicaProductions said:

It's gonna be brutally ripped to shreds, that's it. End of story.

Or sitting around for a while having a sun tan enjoying a platter of organic caviar.

Tid bit: 7575 last day in revenue service was the same day the creater of Spongebob Squarepants Stephen Hillenberg passed away and GM shutting down plants. The fun you can pack in 24 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Downsview 108 said:

Yeah, so have I, but in the last couple of weeks I haven't been lucky enough to catch one going to work, but I've seen them going the other way (eastbound).

• Like 1

An update on the retirements - only 16 buses remain in service and in operation as of this writing: #7709, #7719, #7763, #7773 (113), #7782, #7789 (92), #7792, #7808 (12B), #7811 (22A), #7821, #7833 (24A), #7838 (65), #7846, #7848 (92), #7879, and #7883.

#7865 and #7874 are likely done as they haven't moved for a few days, meaning the fuel door is taped shut.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BYD said:

An update on the retirements - only 16 buses remain in service and in operation as of this writing: #7709, #7719, #7763, #7773 (113), #7782, #7789 (92), #7792, #7808 (12B), #7811 (22A), #7821, #7833 (24A), #7838 (65), #7846, #7848 (92), #7879, and #7883.

#7865 and #7874 are likely done as they haven't moved for a few days, meaning the fuel door is taped shut.

7874 doesn't seem done, it's most likely getting repairs as if it were getting drained, it would have been in the shops. And yes 7865 seems done.